Dollar car rental and cash tolls

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
We always use Alamo, but....

I got a good deal on Dollar for this weekend.

I'm only going to go through the tolls on 528 once coming from the airport and once going back. I would rather just pay the $2.50 each way in cash. It would be over $30 to use their plate pass system for the 3 day rental.

Is there any flaws in my plan? :laughing::laughing: I'm so nervous to go with a different car rental company.

just don't make a booboo and accidentally use an electron gate

Dollar has one of the WORST systems for electronic tolling of all the rental companies ...

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Dollar:

Customer must either OPT-IN or DECLINE at time of reservation or at the rental counter. All daily charges are included on their receipt when they return the car. No billing is done after the fact unless they fail to select the tolling option and still uses SunPass. EPASS or LeeWay ONLY Lanes.

If not enrolled at time of reservation or at the rental counter, and user incurred toll charges by utilizing a dedicated or express lane, a $9.99 administrative fee + toll is assessed for each infraction to a maximum fee of $90.00. These fees and tolls are charged separately after the completion of the rental.

Compare to Alamo:

Participation is automatic.

Opt-in decision is made when the driver elects to use EXPRESS, SunPass ONLY, E-PASS ONLY or LeeWay ONLY lanes.

Nothing to decide at time of rental.

$3.95 fee per usage day (24 hr. interval) that customer incurs tolls, plus tolls

If you decline the automatic toll option offered by the rental company, it is recommended that you get in line to use the manual lanes wherever they are provided, and get a receipt each time.

At some toll locations you must go down what looks like an exit ramp to pay your toll using cash, and then you are returned to the main lanes. Watch for signs and slow down.

Last time when we used dollar all you had to do was make sure the transponder was flipped in the off position, make sure it's off, throw it in the glove box, no worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter