• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar Car Rental

Daftman

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Dont know if anyone can help with this but does anybody know if it is possible to book car hire from the UK on the US Dollar website.

I ask because I have found a couple of great rate codes whilst surfing but suspect they can only be used in US.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean.

Hi!

Don't see why you shouldn't be able to: I book things (hotels, flights, theme park tickets and car hire - Hertz) on US internet sites regularly without any problem.

Before you book, though, check out http://www.floridacarhire.com/ : I have just booked them and they have some great prices (they use Dollar cars). I have also seen http://www.sunchase.co.uk recommended on this board (they also use Dollar), so try them too.

Good luck finding a good deal (the more you save on car hire, the more you have to spend on other things ;-)).

Boo

I've used the US site to book car hire with Dollar (and others) and had no problems.

Regards

Rob

Hi daftman
The following are prices I've obtained for a fullsize car and all the insurances etc.
Holiday Autos £413
Florida car hire £382
Dollar(UK) £420 or £440 with a full tank
Sunchase £358

Dollar US have an offer on during august if you want a convertible but I must say I thought the US web site was unclear on extras.

Share your codes please if they work.

Ken

Rob,

Does the weekly rate quoted on the US site include insurances,I know they add state taxes etc on but prices still appear cheaper than over here,that is unless they add insurance aswell.

Thanks for any help all of you.

Sean.

When we tried to book with Dollar via the US website a couple of years back, they directed our enquiry to Dollar in the UK and we received an e-mail from them with quotes in sterling. Tried again last year and the same thing happened. :(

Sean, the prices I've been quoted on the Dollar website do not include SLI or CDW taxes. This is because many American's already have this cover as part of their regular car insurance.

Deb, last time I booked via Dollar's US-based website I entered my address but ticked the USA rather than UK box to avoid being redirected to the UK site. I did this to avoid being redirected to the UK site becuase I wanted a quote without inclusive taxes (I have the Amex policy). I think a similar trick allows you to use the USA Priceline rather than the UK's.

Regards

Rob

Rob, I can't remember exactly what happened. I was able to get prices in $ (probably by doing what you suggest), but when I tried to book I couldn't do it. I e-mailed them and the response said they'd directed my enquiry to Dollar in the UK, who then e-mailed me with prices in sterling.

Deb
Do you know if it would still be possible to use the same rate codes on the UK site as the ENTERTAIN code in the US seems to give a really good deal.

Thanks for advice.

Sean.

I don't know, Sean, but I doubt it. I would try booking through the US site - it is a while since I last tried and I can't remember exactly what the problem was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter