• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar - Gas

Eastender

Mouseketeer
Just in case anyone was tossing up whether to pay for gas before they go or not, Dollar at Orl. Int. charged me $37 for a tank of gas. 3 months ago they charged $20 for same car (full size). I know gas prices have gone up but $20 would have filled the car. They don't seem to give the option of bringing it back full anymore, although I haven't pushed the point. I guess they know you can't bring it back completely empty.

I agree, having read on the boards that there is an option of paying for the petrol up front or bringing it back full, I was suprised that I had to pay up front. No option given, just $37 dollars thank you. I didn't argue the point as we were two hours late arriving and at that time and I just wanted to get off.

Reg

we took ours back full yesterday,altho they did try to rip us off with TRYING to charge us 30 odd dollars for the petrol,when we filled our car (neon) with 12dollars ;)

Also we got charged a extra 300dollars cause dp is under 25...so we are taking this up with virgin who NEVER mentioned this...it's costed us a fortune....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Beth xx

We had the same problem with Dollar a couple of years ago, I think the price then was $32 and being my first trip to the States didn't realised I was getting ripped off.

Anyway, managed to fill the car for less the $20 (from empty) so caused a scene when I returned it and was refunded $12 - not much but there was a point to make.

We used Alamo last year and when they asked if I would like a full tank I made the point of asking if it was pump prices, they said yes and to be honest whilst it was the top-end of pump prices it wasn't too far of the mark.

Cheers
Bilboo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter