Dollar pick up at MCO - for Frequent Virgin users

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
Well last year, as first time frequent Virgins, we were a little confused with exactly where we should go for "front of the line" at Dollar.

The queue was horrendouse and, being rather British, one doesn't like to push in

Now, it could have been that the Dollar people were ALL having a bad day, but we stood at the sign at the front of the queue which says FVC Q here . . . . and they all ignored us

Is there anyone else out there who knows what to do so I don't throw a paddy in October

(I've been practicing my "why, thanks for the wonderful opportunity to upgrade to X car, but we're happy with the one we've already been upgraded to" mantra . . . repeat after me....)

Thanks
A x

What a good question! I'd love to know the answer because we'll be FVs for the first time this October.

As an extra query (sorry for jumping in on your thread, Annie), will my SIL and BIL be able to come with us to the front of the queue (wherever that may be)? I have booked the fly-drive for all 12 of us, but of the 3 cars we're taking only ours has the FV upgrade as I'm the only FV amongst us. Will the others have to wait in the main line because they aren't FVs, or can they come with us because we're all on the same invoice? Will there be separate documentation to hand in for each car, or will they all be on the same docket?

Is there anyone else out there who knows what to do so I don't throw a paddy in October
I'll be joining you if its anything like the last time I used it :D
Last time we had to draw to the Virgin reps attention that I was standing in the FVC cue and was waving my membership card around. The Virgin staff at the start of the line were more concerned that I got a sheet of paper detailing their welcome meeting.
They also had some stupid rule that only one person can go up to the desk, all well and good but we had two kids under 5 and my wife as second driver, but they (the Virgin staff) insisted it only be me at the counter. Of course when I get there they needed my wife to sign the forms, which meant me shouting for my wife and moving the kids/ bags etc, and causing a longer delay for the next in line. I think the term "one sandwich short of a picnic" is how I'd describe the organisational skills at the Virgin Dollar desk.
I can only hope its better for my October and December trips this year :)

We've used the F.V. line lots now & never had a problem-honest!
You have to go to the man at the "side" desk first , then he checks your voucher & sends you down the F.V. line (I know we're all intelligent & can read the signs but you have to humour them!)
We have then always been called up to the next available agent.
Smile sweetly, forget you have been cooped like a chicken for the last 9 hours, then been interrogated & possibly searched and just try to remember why you came. It all seems better after a night's sleep and a Ponderosa breakfast!
Carol:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter