Dolphin Excursion

Farms

Never "Board" of DIS
Can anyone give me any information on the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau? I was wondering just how much of an "encounter" it is. I understand that there is another dolphin encounter -- dolphinswins.com -- and don't really know which one to choose. My children (twins) are 6 years old and are pretty good swimmers. We need to book it soon so ANY help would be appreciated. :D

Welcome to the dis.

We just booked the encounter for our july cruise. You can only book the encounter from the cruise. If you want to book the swim you can do it on your own. try this link.

www.dolphinswims.com/program.html

The dolphin encounter fills up fast, so book it 60 days out from your cruise. Hope this helps. :)

oops just reread your post and you already listed dolphinswims.com. guess i'm more tired then i thought. lol

We did the Dolphin Swim this past November. Rather than booking through DCL, we used the contact information at the website and booked it ourselves.

I VERY HIGHLY recommend the swim. Our whole family thought it was the highlight of the cruise (we're all animal lovers). My six-year old daughter, who is not a good swimmer, loved it. She was a little bit timid (wouldn't do the "foot push"), but the memories will last her a lifetime.

The swim is much more extensive than the encounter. You will get in the water with the dolphins, swim with them, touch them, have them jump over you, have them push you, all sorts of stuff. It's also very educational.

Book VERY early. It fills up quick.

We have done the Dolphin encounter before. It is fun and the kids loved it. If you can get the swim though I would do that over the encounter. The encounters are larger groups of people and you get to kiss or pet the Dolphins but thats about it. We want to try to do the swim next time.

I also highly recommend the Swim program--we did it in April and it was the highlight of our cruise--our cousins did not sign up ahead of time (I called) and they did the encounter and were so disappointed--Call ASAP and book the Swim Program--they only put 10 people in a group and we were actually in the water for 50 minutes!! Good Luck!!:D :eek: :eek:

I've already booked the swim for November, but I'm still not concrete on how to get there. Can anyone convince me that it's relatively easy to get there since we don't have the assistance of the ship?

Thanks!
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter