Dolphin or OKW 2B for preschoolers?

taking6toDL

Earning My Ears
I am taking my two preschoolers, my hubby, and my parents to WDW in Sept 11 - 19. I have enough points for two rooms at the Dolphin to cover most of the stay but will still need to pay about $1200 in room charges plus tickets, another $1550. Meals estimated about $2,500

With the Disney dine free program I can get a two bedroom villa at OKW with tickets and meals for $5700, about the same price I was going to pay for meals, tickets, and rooms at Dolphin. And then I can save my points for another stay with Sheraton......

The question is....AM I GIVING UP TOO MUCH BY CANCELLING THE DOLPHIN AND STAYING AT OKW?

Please give me your insight...this is my first trip...Thanks!!!!

For me OKW is the first choice. You will have a complete kitchen/ living room, free in your unit washer/dryer and space for the little ones to nap while the adults can be nearby and together in the living room, plus a balcony with a table and 4 chairs. Easy choice IMHO.

Sometimes the cash option just makes more sense. For us, the Swan has $99 rate for us before the member cruise, and we were going to use a free Sheraton night for it. We opted for to pay and will save the Sheraton points. If I were you, I would pick OKW, I thing you're gaining not losing anything by staying at OKW, and for a nice long vacation, I think you'll really love it.

Bobbi :flower:

I have never stayed at the Dolphin, but I would assume that the space you would gain at OKW would be INCREDIBLE compared to a more traditional hotel room (for a 2 bedroom at OKW for sure). I think you will enjoy actually having a kitchen for snacks and drinks (since on the dining plan, doesn't sound like you will actually cook :) )

Also, I feel MUCH more comfortable with my children at "home away from home" facilities rather than hotel rooms. When we stay in traditional hotels, I feel like I am constantly shusshing them in the halls, in the room, in the lobby, etc and they aren't being bad, just being kids. At OKW, there was only a "dont jump off the bed" moment or two where they would jump and hit the floor hard and I would have to remind them that there are people under us. Other than that, it was a GREAT trip without any of the other issues. (boys are 3 and 5...so they aren't being bad, just being kids - kids that dont remember that letting a hotel room door slam makes EVERYONE around you hear that door too, etc).

8 days in a hotel room with preschoolers??? -- I wouldn't do it if I had a choice.

But then how well do the both of you get along with your parents? Can you take 8 days in a condo with them?

My choice would be the 2Br.

I'd go with the 2 bedroom at OKW as well - parents in the Master, You & DH in the second bedroom with the kids. Living room & ktichen available for anyone who wants to stay up late or get up early. Lots of beautiful extra space to relax in while kids take a nap or go to sleep in the evening. Large Balcony.

You'll appreciatte having a place to relax in that is very different from the noise and hub bub of the parks.

Best wishes -

I'd take OKW also, but the heck with the parents in the master bedroom! :rotfl: No one gets my DVC Master Bedroom!!! Have the children sleep with Grandma and Grandpa! Not sure how that would go over, but it would be nice, wouldn't it?

I don't know much about the Dolphin, but with preschoolers, the washer and dryer, kitchen and more space would win hands down. While some say that cooking on vacation is not a vacation, we do cook while there. Mostly breakfast and snacks and one or two main meals. My children are not big meal eaters and love their hot dogs (30 secs in the microwave), mac/cheese, grilled cheese, etc. so the kitchen comes in handy. and for some reason they are always hungry after we come back from swimming :confused3 :earsboy: so we can give them something to hold them over until we go out.

Have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter