Dolphin Swim

POLYMOM

Earning My Ears
If I do not pay for the Dolphin Swim, will I be able to go with my family to take pictures?

I presume you're talking about if your family have paid for the swim, but you have decided not to take the swim option. Yes you can, the swim takes place in a large man made lagoon with 5 or 6 little bays in it. Each swim group has it's own little bay that is (just like the beach) a zero entry walk in. The action takes place maybe 15-40 feet off shore so with a decent zoom on your camera you should get some good pictures. They sometimes ask that you don't clamber on the rocks, but I think that's more of a safety issue as opposed to them wanting to force you to buy the "official" photos. As I said, you will need a decent lens/camera to make it worthwhile.

The official photos come out much better because the photographer is in the water a few feet from the action. If you decide to take pictures, you'll need a camera with a zoom lens. And then the people may get in the way, because they'll be surrounding the action. You'd have to be very careful, because you're standing in sand and salt water, which is bad for electronics. I wouldn't bring an expensive set up, unless you really know what you're doing. You can see my trip report from two years ago to get an idea. I scanned their pics and put them in the report, along with mine. You'll be able to talk to your relatives, and you'll feel like you're a part of the action.

http://home.attbi.com/~robvia/SeaWorld1.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter