Domestic Violence

we3luvdisney

<font color=blue>I admit it. I am a <font color=pu
Verizon Offers HopeLine For Battered Women
Public Asked To Donate Old Cell Phones

UPDATED: 9:36 a.m. EST January 23, 2003

LAUREL, Md. -- Wondering what to do with your old wireless phone now that you've received a new one as a holiday gift?

Drop off your no-longer-used phone at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store and help fight domestic violence through the company's HopeLine Phone Recycling Program. All phones collected will be refurbished, recycled or sold, and either phones or cash will be donated to nonprofit domestic violence agencies.

"The HopeLine Phone Recycling program is an easy way for community-minded citizens to support domestic violence prevention organizations," said Patrick Devlin, regional president of Verizon Wireless in Washington, Baltimore and Virginia. "Domestic violence does not discriminate. It's all around us in places most of us would never imagine. Citizens who support the program could very well be helping their own friends or neighbors."

Domestic violence prevention and education is Verizon Wireless' chief community focus. Through HopeLine, the company provides free voicemail boxes to victims residing in shelters and emergency phones for domestic violence prevention agencies to distribute to women at risk.

As a result of HopeLine and related phone recycling programs, the company has organized since 1995, Verizon Wireless has collected more than 850,000 used wireless phones for the benefit of domestic violence victims and advocacy groups. Donations are accepted at all 1,300 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores across the country.

For local store information, visit www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for the info.

What a great idea and wonderful cause to support. Thanks for the head's up.

Katholyn

I've donated my old ones to a battered women's shelter in a nearby city. They fix it so the woman can dial 911 from the phone if she needs help.

If you have a Body Shop in your mall (the personal products store, not the clothing store) they will accept donated phones as well for reprogramming and distribution to a shelter in your area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter