• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dominica rsu08 questions

TN_mom5

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I’m hoping someone who has done the river tubing in Dominica can give me some info.

I am traveling with my elderly aunt and she’s wondering if we can leave a change of clothes on the bus or if a different bus takes us back to port. I’m okay with whatever but she seems to be having some anxiety over this so I thought I’d ask here.

TIA!

Hi everyone. I’m hoping someone who has done the river tubing in Dominica can give me some info.

I am traveling with my elderly aunt and she’s wondering if we can leave a change of clothes on the bus or if a different bus takes us back to port. I’m okay with whatever but she seems to be having some anxiety over this so I thought I’d ask here.

TIA!
I can't speak to this excursion specifically, but in general I wouldn't recommend leaving anything on a bus. There have been reports of things being stolen from these types of buses (not necessarily DCL excursions). Also, I was on an excursion earlier this year where our bus broke down. Another bus came to 'rescue' us because it had just dropped off passengers for the 'early' window of the excursion (we were on the late window). But, we didn't keep that bus because it was assigned the other group. It dropped us off where we needed to go and then while we were at the excursion the company sent third bus up to get us.

So, you'd probably be okay leaving something on the bus, but I wouldn't bank on it.

We did river tubing in Dominica in the summer of 2022. I definitely left our bag of stuff on the bus, but not any valuables.

We didn’t officially do it through Disney, but everyone from Disney was with us. I would just check with your bus tour guide as to whether or not you will have the same bus at the bottom of the river.

I honestly can’t imagine trying to manage a bag of stuff while we were on the river. As it was, I lost my child, thank goodness for the tour guide!

Thank you!

We cruise a few times a year and we’ve never had a problem leaving non valuables on the bus but for some reason she’s thinking it’s going to be a different bus. And she never changes before we get back to the ship so I don’t know what the deal is. I’m just trying to talk her down and get some reassurance.

From the videos I’ve watched the tour guides look great! Glad you got your kid back 😂

We did river tubing in Dominica in the summer of 2022. I definitely left our bag of stuff on the bus, but not any valuables.

We didn’t officially do it through Disney, but everyone from Disney was with us. I would just check with your bus tour guide as to whether or not you will have the same bus at the bottom of the river.

I honestly can’t imagine trying to manage a bag of stuff while we were on the river. As it was, I lost my child, thank goodness for the tour guide!

From the videos I’ve watched the tour guides look great! Glad you got your kid back
Me too! It would have been very hard to explain to the rest of the family! But yes, one of my favorite tour guides and a great experience.

I will note, the ride up to the top of the river was kind of 'off-road' but once you're on the river it is beautiful and relaxing.

Thank you!

We cruise a few times a year and we’ve never had a problem leaving non valuables on the bus but for some reason she’s thinking it’s going to be a different bus. And she never changes before we get back to the ship so I don’t know what the deal is. I’m just trying to talk her down and get some reassurance.

From the videos I’ve watched the tour guides look great! Glad you got your kid back 😂
That some reason is that I have been on excursions where they dropped us off and a different bus picked us up. It can happen. Not often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter