Don’t you hate you call a place

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
Dont you hate you call a place wait for about 20 minutes or so and the person you get doesn’t speak English very good? I know they are saving lots and lots of money from getting people from India or wherever but have them speak clear English please. Just callled Sprint had to hang up couldn’t understand the guy.

Last edited:
Dont you hate you call a place wait for about 20 minutes or so and the person you get doesn’t speak English very good? I know they are saving lots and lots of money from getting people from India or wherever but have them speak clear English please. Just callled Sprint had to hang up couldn’t understand the guy.

This is absolutely amazing.

You may want to proofread your post before ranting about others not speaking "English very good".:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Don't you just hate it when you call a place, wait for about 20 minutes or so and the person who answers does not speak good English? I know they are saving a lot of money outsourcing their call centre to India but it would be so much better if the person who answered the phone could speak clearer.

I just called Sprint and I had to hang up as I could not understand the man.

I fixed it :cool2:

I hate that companies don't improve their website. Why should you ever have to call them for anything? You should be able to solve 99% of the issues by using their website.

It seems Disney is one of the worst. It seems that posters here are always needing to call a live person for customer service from Disney.

I lived this nightmare last month after AT&T cut off our office lines and could not reinstate them.

I had to get our state's public service commission to straighten it out after 34 days and 25 hours on the phone with representatives from AT&T from all over the world.

Now trying to get our bills refunded.

Would not wish this on any one.

I live in a country they are moving call centers too. Minimum wage for a month here is less than $400 a month. I am not sure they are going to change anytime soon. They only started bilingual schools here about 10 years ago so they are less than 5 years out from the first graduates who started with high school and are mainly the ones taking the jobs. They have options for bonuses and such and can make more money than most other places as jobs are few here.

I agree but this is a little different, there is a family owned sub shop here, the family is from somewhere in the middle east, they are so nice, and there subs are so fresh I cant cant stay away, but they keep asking questions about how to make my sub and I just anit got a clue as to what there saying, so after a couple of "whats " I just shake my head yes to what ever there saying, lol

I live in a country they are moving call centers too. Minimum wage for a month here is less than $400 a month. I am not sure they are going to change anytime soon. They only started bilingual schools here about 10 years ago so they are less than 5 years out from the first graduates who started with high school and are mainly the ones taking the jobs. They have options for bonuses and such and can make more money than most other places as jobs are few here.

Actually, the American School was founded in 1946, and Elvel School was founded in 1967. There are several other bilingual schools that started way before 2007. I know someone who just turned fifty and studied at Elvel School since kindergarten. But she's a doctor and I doubt she'd be interested in that type of job. I'm surprised that anyone who attended a bilingual school over there would be after that type of job. Those schools are quite expensive, and attended mostly by children of wealthy families who have high expectations for their future. But I agree that jobs are few there, so maybe they hare having to settle for less

https://amschool.org/ http://www.elvel.com/

I don't think it has anything at all due to outsourcing customer service centers overseas. I have had problems when I'm on the phone with a customer service person from the northeast who talks too fast and in a brusque way that you can't catch what they are saying. Or a southerner that has such a twang it's hard to decipher. Or a quiet-talker. They are the absolute worst! Or when you hear so much background noise from other agents that it's like trying to hear through a cacophony in a tin can. That drives me bonkers. And as a disclaimer, so no one thinks I'm bagging on people with regional accents, I have a slight southern accent that I can't get rid of even though in the last 52 years, I've lived up and down the east coast!

My company outsources and I've noticed that one of the qualifications for employment on their website is an accent test. I've been working with India for years, even traveled there and have gotten better at listening carefully to understand. One time I was in an airport and a guy in front of me was ordering at the food court. The cashier couldn't understand him, he appeared to be from India, English was broken. I'm jumped in and said "he said.....". Then I thought, oh my gosh I'm translating now.

While it is impossible not to patronize businesses that outsource, I find infuriating to know that jobs are being outsourced and I (as a customer) am also being inconvenienced by outsourced employees who are not able to articulate properly. I typically ask to speak to someone who is better able to communicate or just hang-up and make a mental note to try not to patronize said company as often. I think the more that consumers demand US based customer-service with their wallets, the more businesses will ultimately have to comply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter