Dopey Challenge Booking from the UK

Nessy

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I'm looking for some help. My sister and I have decided to do the Dopey Challenge in 2020 for her 40th. It will be the first time we've both been to DisneyWorld (or Disney at all) and I have no idea what I am doing or what I am booking Yada yada yada. I searched a lot online but they are mostly from people booking in the USA.

I'm hoping there is someone here from the UK who will be able to give me their experience on booking the trip. I think we'd be looking at staying for 7 days, so from Wed to Wed so that we can get to the EXPO on the day it opens, just encase Disney team with another shoe brand for some running shoes. We'd also be staying on site, at the cheapest place we can find, at the moment that will be an All Star resort.

Any help at all would be great.

Thanks

Nessy

Last edited:
I am a Canadian but used one of the runDisney travel agencies in the past and did everything via email. If paying in USD (being charged on your CC in USD) is ok for you, that should work from the UK as well.

I'm in the UK and did the Dopey challenge in 2016. Booked the races through the RunDisney site when they went on sale. Then booked hotel with Disney direct (as if booking a holiday) - stayed at Pop Century; arrived on the Tuesday evening and flew home on the Monday. Booked flights direct with Virgin.

Apart from the booking the races; just need to treat it as booking a holiday to DisneyWorld.

Happy to answer and queries.

@jclaydon

Thank you, that is kinda what I was looking at, I've never booked a Disney Holiday so some things are very confusing for me but that really does help.

@jclaydon

Thank you, that is kinda what I was looking at, I've never booked a Disney Holiday so some things are very confusing for me but that really does help.

What is confusing to you? Perhaps we can help specifically?

Your first post sounds like you know what you’re doing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!