Dopey Dash and Beyond (Comments Welcome)

It's officially 2017 and I have my first 5k under my belt for the new year. In just over a year I will be starting the craziest challenge I think I can handle. I did run another 3.5 miles yesterday and was feeling a bit tight today so I will have to work on the multi-day endurance, but if I keep feeling confident in my half marathons, I think I will be confident in the marathon and all the other parts of the challenge.

For now I have the half marathon next week to look forward to... I'm getting excited! My roommate is getting nervous, but it's her first one so I'm just trying to get her excited for the race (which I think she secretly is).

I made it to the expo for the half marathon and I had a lot of fun. It was fun because I got to show my roommate around the craziness of the expo and it was exciting to watch her get more and more excited. The good news for my wallet is I made it out spending less than $100 which is HUGE for me. I love running gear unfortunately.

We were given the a luggage tag to celebrate the anniversary of the Half Marathon, and I thought it was a nice little surprise.

Bib is ready... space blankets are ready... playlist is ready... I'm ready!

Wow I didn't realize I missed posting about the half marathon... or lack the of. As a lot of you know, the Donal 1/2 was cancelled due to weather, a cancellation I fully supported. I'm planning on deferring my race to either princess 1/2 next year or Tinkerbell...

Anyway, in current news, I found out I'm not allowed to run for about. A month. I have an enlarged spleen and is I have to baby it until it goes back to its normal size. While running is low for the risk of bursting my spleen in its current condition, the doctor still cautioned against it with the pounding and what not. I have to find out about the elliptical, but I'm allowed to speed walk! So this should be an interesting month as I hope to some how manage my weight, health, and mentality (you can bet I'm going to go stir crazy)...

I did it... tonight I made one of the final commitments to running Dopey, other than actually running it... I signed up for the Dopey Challenge! I've been talking about this for so long that I can't believe I am officially signed up...

I did it... tonight I made one of the final commitments to running Dopey, other than actually running it... I signed up for the Dopey Challenge! I've been talking about this for so long that I can't believe I am officially signed up...

Congrats on signing up! :woohoo:

Got back out today and ran the Star Wars Dark Side 10k. I have the half tomorrow and slightly falling asleep as I write this. Check out the recap on my blog... more pictures to come...

Ok I know I'm a little late, but the race report is finally posted on my blog. I'm going to use the excuse of... I was waiting for photos?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!