Double double shows on Dream 5 day cruise

DisUniversal

DIS Veteran
Just got off the 5 day Dream cruise a few days ago. They actually had DOUBLE double shows. Schedule was:

Believe
Believe
Beauty and the Beast
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Beauty and the Beast

On a five day cruise we got two repeats and the exact same movie they were showing a half a dozen times in the theater next door. Two shows...which is one less than our last 3 day cruise. As far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for this. They try to say they are doing it to make things flexible for the guest, but that's just BS. If that's really the case, why not have the Pirate party, fireworks and buffet on two different nights? I think the answer is obvious.

Just got off the 5 day Dream cruise a few days ago. They actually had DOUBLE double shows. Schedule was:

Believe
Believe
Beauty and the Beast
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Beauty and the Beast

On a five day cruise we got two repeats and the exact same movie they were showing a half a dozen times in the theater next door. Two shows...which is one less than our last 3 day cruise. As far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for this. They try to say they are doing it to make things flexible for the guest, but that's just BS. If that's really the case, why not have the Pirate party, fireworks and buffet on two different nights? I think the answer is obvious.
That is terrible!

This is really annoying, we love going to the shows in the evening before dinner.
Come on Disney stop this nonsense and give us our nightly shows back!

REMINDER: Please let DCL know how you feel about this on your end of cruise comment cards and also on the email survey they send after the cruise!

This is really annoying, we love going to the shows in the evening before dinner.
Come on Disney stop this nonsense and give us our nightly shows back!

REMINDER: Please let DCL know how you feel about this on your end of cruise comment cards and also on the email survey they send after the cruise!
There didn't seem to be a place for a comment on entertainment (was in a hurry, could have missed it), but I did slam the live entertainment category with whatever was one notch above poor (like 2/5 rating). When I was on the ship we ran into Carly and politely expressed our disappointment in the show schedule. She acted like she couldn't have possibly cared less and pretty much blew off the comment. After 11 cruises she's definitely at the bottom of the list when ranking cruise directors, and not just because of that encounter. She just comes off as phony.

There didn't seem to be a place for a comment on entertainment (was in a hurry, could have missed it), but I did slam the live entertainment category with whatever was one notch above poor (like 2/5 rating). When I was on the ship we ran into Carly and politely expressed our disappointment in the show schedule. She acted like she couldn't have possibly cared less and pretty much blew off the comment. After 11 cruises she's definitely at the bottom of the list when ranking cruise directors, and not just because of that encounter. She just comes off as phony.
A direct email (using the "contact us" link on the website) works well for any additional comments you wish to make.

In the future, do what I do - bring extra paper to expand on the dinky 3 line option for "other comments" on the comment card. You can also use the stationery in the desk for this purpose.

So what did you do at night instead of all the repeat shows?

It always seems that the other activities are scheduled around the theater show times.

Urgh, sorry!!! Those five day double-dip cruises are so expensive too -- it is rather shocking how much they are cutting corners on the entertainment.

Definitely! I've had better entertainment on the 3 day cruises.

Urgh, sorry!!! Those five day double-dip cruises are so expensive too -- it is rather shocking how much they are cutting corners on the entertainment.

Carnival cruisers were pissed because they cut the expenses by removing table cloths... DCL cruisers will riot. (I would be pissed!)

This really is disappointing. We are taking our first cruise ever in 2 weeks and have heard so much about the shows and was one major reason we booked Disney. I am still really excited (this doesn’t “ruin” my trip) but considering we may never do a Disney Cruise again (based on cost) this is a disappointment.

This post prompted me to finally write in with a a formal complaint to DCL about the repeat shows on our recent 3-day cruise. I got the standard form response that others here have posted on different threads, but at least it is one more complaint for them to add to their tally, and perhaps they will rethink it if enough people are upset. What I hate the most is my kids are too little to stay up late for other evening entertainment so the post-dinner show is the only thing we can do as a family in the evening—a lot of the other non-show family entertainment does not start until after 9pm.

This really is disappointing. We are taking our first cruise ever in 2 weeks and have heard so much about the shows and was one major reason we booked Disney. I am still really excited (this doesn’t “ruin” my trip) but considering we may never do a Disney Cruise again (based on cost) this is a disappointment.

This is us, except we are on a 4 night.

For our family, it is also disappointing that Disney is consistently running a non-premiere PG-13 movie as one of the nights of entertainment (Black Panther, Avengers, Solo).

ETA: The cruise is something we have saved for and planned for well over a year. This announcement to cut out one of the shows and double up on BatB did not come out until after our final payment.

I just got off the Dream, too (CC Double Dip 6/10 - 6/15). DH and I were shocked by the lack of shows. We did go see the Magician one night and he was pretty good, but it just didn't seem the same. I just got a survey from DCL and there were quite a few questions about the Double show schedule. Kind of on the line of "Wasn't it great that crowds were reduced and you got a more flexible schedule?" Uh, no.

A lot of people must be upset with this little experiment. I have to say, though that I absolutely loved Beauty and the Beast.

This is us, except we are on a 4 night.

For our family, it is also disappointing that Disney is consistently running a non-premiere PG-13 movie as one of the nights of entertainment (Black Panther, Avengers, Solo).

ETA: The cruise is something we have saved for and planned for well over a year. This announcement to cut out one of the shows and double up on BatB did not come out until after our final payment.
We didn't know until we got on board!

I just got off the Dream, too (CC Double Dip 6/10 - 6/15). DH and I were shocked by the lack of shows. We did go see the Magician one night and he was pretty good, but it just didn't seem the same. I just got a survey from DCL and there were quite a few questions about the Double show schedule. Kind of on the line of "Wasn't it great that crowds were reduced and you got a more flexible schedule?" Uh, no.

A lot of people must be upset with this little experiment. I have to say, though that I absolutely loved Beauty and the Beast.
I got the survey too and dinged them hard on questions related to entertainment. Everything else pretty much was rated excellent as is normally the case. Anything related to the shows I rated as poor...and wish there was a way to rate lower.

We didn't know until we got on board!
Same here...and what was worse was they not only doubled up on Beauty and the Beast, but they also doubled up on Believe and for the one remaining night showed a mediocre movie that was shown at least 8 times in the theater next door. It seriously borders on false advertising as they advertised three separate stage shows when we booked the cruise.

Do they give you the schedule for the whole time so that you can at least plan which night you might want to go to the show?
Sort of. The app has the whole week loaded on to it, but to decide which day, you'd need to look at one day then the next and keep going back and forth to compare the schedules. One thing I love about my Disney cruises is how little planning I have to do. Show up at the theater at 6:30 each night and be entertained. Period. This new way just adds stress and extra planning.

Last edited:
Sort of. The app has the whole week loaded on to it, but to dingus or which day, you'd need to look at one day then the next and keep going back and forth to compare the schedules. One thing I love about my Disney cruises is how little planning I have to do. Show up at the theater at 6:30 each night and be entertained. Period. This new way just adds stress and extra planning.
Yeah, I'm still not liking what I'm seeing with these double shows. I agree with @TestingH2O What I loved about our first cruise was knowing what we'd be doing every night--having dinner and then going to the Walt Disney Theater for a show/movie/entertainer with our whole family. With double shows and 'other' things going on, I'll need to plan it out--and I don't want to plan this part of my trip--especially as it can't be planned before the cruise--it can't be done until the app is active. I feel like I"ve already done enough planning with the pre-cruise stay and our port excursions...I just want to 'relax' each night, knowing where I'm going to be. Ug...I just keep hoping and hoping that they go back to 'normal' before our August cruise on the Magic...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter