Double double shows on Dream 5 day cruise

We just got off the 6/15 sailing. Double shows for us plus Incredibles 2. They moved the date of the Incredibles 2 showing to a different day once we boarded. The first Navigator they gave us listed it showing on a different day.

We, along with others we spoke to, were annoyed that it took to day 4 and 5 for decent show times of Incredibles 2 when it came out the day we sailed. They were showing Coco instead as the family friendly movie instead.

The lack of shows was very noticeable. The "substitute" entertainment was at different times with shows not as long. We saw a magician who was good but not the same as a pre dinner experience.

We had late dinner and there definitely was a what should we do feeling. Some other entertainment would overlap with dinner so I am not sure how that is more "flexible". We ended up eating in Cabanas twice for dinner since the late dinner time didn't work and made it too much planning for a relaxing vacation.

I put this is on our comment card and I hope I get a survey as well.

Sort of. The app has the whole week loaded on to it, but to decide which day, you'd need to look at one day then the next and keep going back and forth to compare the schedules. One thing I love about my Disney cruises is how little planning I have to do. Show up at the theater at 6:30 each night and be entertained. Period. This new way just adds stress and extra planning.

Thanks. I don't love the idea of having to plan either! We love just knowing that we're going to go to a show. I kind of like not knowing ahead of time until we see the Navigator. On our last cruise, we didn't use the App, still depended on our Navigator. We like coming back to find it and looking it over to see what we'd like to do the next day...and not having to think beyond that!

Yeah, I'm still not liking what I'm seeing with these double shows. I agree with @TestingH2O What I loved about our first cruise was knowing what we'd be doing every night--having dinner and then going to the Walt Disney Theater for a show/movie/entertainer with our whole family. With double shows and 'other' things going on, I'll need to plan it out--and I don't want to plan this part of my trip--especially as it can't be planned before the cruise--it can't be done until the app is active. I feel like I"ve already done enough planning with the pre-cruise stay and our port excursions...I just want to 'relax' each night, knowing where I'm going to be. Ug...I just keep hoping and hoping that they go back to 'normal' before our August cruise on the Magic...

Same with us. We like the routine of the whole evening. I can picture us just going to the first night of whatever show and if it comes up again we'll find something else to do. I just don't want to look back and wish I'd switched the nights. No matter what, I know we'll have a great time. So...I'm going to try not to worry about it. We're not on the Fantasy until December, so who knows what will be going on then!

We were on the 6/15 Dream sailing and the entertainment was easily the worst of our many sailings. Not only were the 2 shows doubled up, the later adult only offerings were minimal. Plus, the adult live entertainment was usually earlier (around 9pm) so you had to choose between the stage shows or live entertainers. Later in the night they had some of the game shows (i.e. Match Your Mate), which are usually fun. But IMHO, the later game shows are only worth it when surrounded by the entertainers. I will say the 2 stage shows (Believe and B&B) were great and I'm not upset they doubled them up. I just wish there were more variety acts because we usually enjoy those more.

We just got off the 6/15 sailing. Double shows for us plus Incredibles 2. They moved the date of the Incredibles 2 showing to a different day once we boarded. The first Navigator they gave us listed it showing on a different day.

We, along with others we spoke to, were annoyed that it took to day 4 and 5 for decent show times of Incredibles 2 when it came out the day we sailed. They were showing Coco instead as the family friendly movie instead.

The lack of shows was very noticeable. The "substitute" entertainment was at different times with shows not as long. We saw a magician who was good but not the same as a pre dinner experience.

We had late dinner and there definitely was a what should we do feeling. Some other entertainment would overlap with dinner so I am not sure how that is more "flexible". We ended up eating in Cabanas twice for dinner since the late dinner time didn't work and made it too much planning for a relaxing vacation.

I put this is on our comment card and I hope I get a survey as well.

I was on the Magic earlier this month and totally agree with your comments about the substitute entertainment being at different times and shorter. It definitely didn’t work.

I was on the Magic earlier this month and totally agree with your comments about the substitute entertainment being at different times and shorter. It definitely didn’t work.

It definitely didn’t work. We overheard and talked to multiple people who were skipping the dining room on the last night because they were exhausted from trying to make it all work. That is the opposite of all the other cruises we have been on. Our dining room experience was also the worst of our 6 cruises so maybe that had something to do with it as well.

On another thread a poster said her daughter will be on the 6/24 Dream cruise and was told Golden Mickeys is coming back then. People seem to be letting Disney know they aren't happy with the removal of shows so maybe they listened. Will be interesting to see what happens.

We just got back, we had Believe, BatB, Incredibles 2, and BatB (this night also had a family friendly magician in D lounge that we attended-it was only around 30 minutes though, I think).
It was our first cruise, so we were so busy that we always had stuff to do, so we didn't "miss" the Golden Mickeys necessarily. We also were lucky that we really wanted to see Incredibles 2 and since it came out less than a week before boarding the ship, it was easy for us to wait to watch it on the ship.

I also don't know the run time of Golden Mickeys, but Believe was closer to an hour, which was nice and left us with more time after the show. BatB and Incredibles were both long (90 minutes-2 hours)...especially Incredibles made getting to Pirate night stuff a little difficult.

In other words, we were still entertained every night, but I hope this isn't a permanent fixture. I think they should have 3 live productions at least for 4 night and longer cruises (even if one of the productions is a magician or something, it should be an hour long big show, not just a 30 minute lounge show). I also still strongly think that showing a movie that has been out for a month OR a PG13 movie as one of the nights is a bad idea (again, we were "lucky" that it was Incredibles, but it could have been Solo, Black Panther, or Avengers like so many others got).

We just got back, we had Believe, BatB, Incredibles 2, and BatB (this night also had a family friendly magician in D lounge that we attended-it was only around 30 minutes though, I think).
It was our first cruise, so we were so busy that we always had stuff to do, so we didn't "miss" the Golden Mickeys necessarily. We also were lucky that we really wanted to see Incredibles 2 and since it came out less than a week before boarding the ship, it was easy for us to wait to watch it on the ship.

I also don't know the run time of Golden Mickeys, but Believe was closer to an hour, which was nice and left us with more time after the show. BatB and Incredibles were both long (90 minutes-2 hours)...especially Incredibles made getting to Pirate night stuff a little difficult.

In other words, we were still entertained every night, but I hope this isn't a permanent fixture. I think they should have 3 live productions at least for 4 night and longer cruises (even if one of the productions is a magician or something, it should be an hour long big show, not just a 30 minute lounge show). I also still strongly think that showing a movie that has been out for a month OR a PG13 movie as one of the nights is a bad idea (again, we were "lucky" that it was Incredibles, but it could have been Solo, Black Panther, or Avengers like so many others got).
The 5 day Dream cruise that departed yesterday had the Golden Mickey's back and didn't duplicate any shows. Nice to see and hopefully DCL has given up on their stupid idea of showing the same show on multiple nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter