Double Special Needs Stroller/Keenz 7?

Those 'stroller wagons' look very big - are they going to be able to make it through a queue?

The eldest is 47". The youngest is 36". Option B is get a Maclaren major elite (with accessories) and either retrofit with a buggypod for the youngest (that won't last long) or get a custom double Maclaren elite for ~900 £ not including accessories and shipping. I believe that the interior is ~35" on this. Granted that they have to share space, but more often than not they sit crossed-leg anyway.

If you get a single stroller (a double, but one vehicle) then there's no chance of splitting up during the vacation, is there? And for the 47" child, I'd start looking at a much more comfortable wheelchair?

I have seen a couple of these in the parks, so I did look them up after I saw the first one. I think it’s important to research it a little to see if it makes sense to you.

They are a hybrid of a stroller and a wagon and could possibly be pulled, but are designed to be pushed.
It is 24 inches wide. The basic length of it is 43 inches according to the video, but the fold out bin/holder is 15 inches. With that folded out, it is 58 inches, which is longer than the 52 inches that is Disney’s maximum stroller length.
Wheelchair spaces are designed for a standard wheelchair, no longer than 52 inches and no wider than 30 inches. So, if you are planning on using it for a stroller as wheelchair, it may not fit in some areas. You would definitely need a stroller as wheelchair tag to use it in lines.

I think they would be better suited for things where the child/children are not going to be getting out often. For example, shopping or a trip to the zoo where most kids would stay in a stroller. WDW involves a lot of getting in and out.

It looked very awkward for the children getting in and out, especially with the ‘roof/canopy’ installed. I’ve only seen one child using it, getting 2 in and out would be harder. The person I saw actually removed the canopy for their child to get in and out.
If you are using it for shows in the wheelchair spot, you will probably need to remove the canopy for the child yo be able to see. The seating position is one facing backwards and one forward, so the backward facing child will need to come out.
There are 5 point harnesses for 2 children, but it looks like there is very little padding or back support. You would need to decide if that would be comfortable for your child for long periods with minimal back support and also with legs extended. Other than the fold down bag, anything you bring will also be in wagon portion.
Being a wagon, with some stroller features, it does have all the disadvantages of a wagon, along with things that might be advantsges.

This is a link to the manual, which gives information on how to fold it: https://indd.adobe.com/view/f23abbac-1fd0-4aa5-9c51-43437c16777e
You would need to fold it for buses, so my personal opinion is that it would be best for someone who is driving, rather than taking the bud.

This video review is a good overview. It demonstrates unfolding it, putting the canopy on and a child getting in.
https://babygizmo.com/keen-wagon-review/

I should probably point out that the thread started a over year ago.

Since that time we have gotten the Keenz and also found a used Double Maclaren Major.

Keenz Pros: Fits where any regular stroller does. The maneuverability is unmatched. Pivots even. It the smallest double stroller we've had ever. Accommodates my tall, slender/lightweight children under the canopy with ease. The thing has brakes galore and the pedals to activate them are really easy even in flip flops. I find it to be the better stroller for the child with sensory issue to escape into. Better stroller for inside activities (ie Dr. Appts). Better stroller for brief needs. Best canopy EVER!

Cons: The two kids can (and do) kick each other unless positioned/frequently re positioned exactly right. The 5 point harness is easy to escape from. No recline at all. Same sensory child can self injure fairly easily because the padding near the metal bars in very thin. Difficult to get them in/out of (though I can keep the canopy on). Adult/Parent Cupholder falls off sometimes. Hard to pull.

My take: Probably an excellent stroller for 1 child with disabilities or two small children with good trunk control. FWIW, given our options we won't be taking this to Disney.

We purchased our Keenz about 8 or so months ago for our 6 year old with severe autism. He was constantly dragging his feet on the tire of the City Mini and getting to big for it. WE LOVE this thing! We take it everywhere with us. It has been perfect. I am so happy to hear that they are letting them in for sure at Disney (we have a May trip). We can't live without our Keenz now:) I have purchased the tray that is available in Korea and also some additional padding/liners and storage pockets from a lady on FB who does custom liners. I find the fold quite easy and I do not think it will be difficult to fold to hop on Disney transport.

The Keenz wagon is close to 18 inches wide for the wagon inside...with the tires, its 24 inches wide.
And no way is it even close to being 58 inches long. The actual wagon itself is around 34 inches long. With both handles extend, it is around 45 inches.

Its a great wagon, but lets be honest about its dimensions. I bought mine based on the youtube video on its website, and it was very misleading on the dimensions. When i got it, I was disappointed that it 24 inches wide from tire to tire, not the basket itself. And the "43 Inches long) was from the handle to handle that was extended.

I think people are getting the wrong idea about the actual size.....I know i was.

The Keenz wagon is close to 18 inches wide for the wagon inside...with the tires, its 24 inches wide.
And no way is it even close to being 58 inches long. The actual wagon itself is around 34 inches long. With both handles extend, it is around 45 inches.

Its a great wagon, but lets be honest about its dimensions. I bought mine based on the youtube video on its website, and it was very misleading on the dimensions. When i got it, I was disappointed that it 24 inches wide from tire to tire, not the basket itself. And the "43 Inches long) was from the handle to handle that was extended.

I think people are getting the wrong idea about the actual size.....I know i was.
The company could do a much better job of explaining the dimensions - I did not find them anywhere but the YouTube video review that I posted. The woman doing the review had both handles straight up and put her hands on them when she said it was 43 inches - which would make most people think it was 43 with the handles in the position she demonstrated. She also said the bag was “an extra 15” inches; which would make most people think it was 43+ 15 inches, which from you wrote is not accurate.
I was finally able to find dimensions on their website - although they are not the easiest to figure out (see the photo).

If anyone wants a good view of it, this unboxing and putting together video seems to be very complete:
544B20B5-9ECB-41C1-B502-184D4EF66959.jpeg

ll*How difficult are these strollers to carry? Do wheels roll well when folded? Difficulties on/of bus?

Where do you buy accessarys like Beach Wheels? Anyone use it on the Beach?
You definitely need the wider beach wheels. We have a similar looking beach cart that we use to haul our chairs, umbrellas and other stuff and with narrow wheels it wouldn't roll in the looser sand, just hard packed sand.

Where do you buy accessarys like Beach Wheels? Anyone use it on the Beach?

Yes. Specifically 1/2 mile beach/Todd's Point, Reid State Park, Georgetown Maine. Most recently last Saturday. With ~90 combined lbs of kids and gear. IE loaded.
Works fine "off road" until you get into super loose dune-like beach sand, then you've got to pull it to get it through. Pushing is not possible. If sand is packed at all, very few issues. I do "lock" the front wheels in alignment to make it easier.

I am not positive about WDW, but Disneyland wagons are allowed, even if they are only being used as strollers, if they can be PUSHED, nothing that has to be pulled is allowed, even as a mobility device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter