• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Double stroller recommendation

KimR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t
We are going to WDW in a few months with 3 kids who will be 11, 5, and 2 at the time of the trip. I want to find a double stroller for the younger 2 and am having a heck of a time finding what I want and I'm beginning to think it doesn't even exist. I'm looking for a double umbrella stroller that reclines and also has plenty of storage underneath. Any recommendations?

Kim

How much do your children weigh? Most double umbrella strollers have a weight capacity of 40lbs per seat. Also, most double umbrellas don't have a great amount of storage capacity. Here are some for you to check:
Maclaren Twin Traveller
Maclaren Opus Duo (discontinued for 2003, so there are some good deals to be found)
Graco DuoLite (lots of EBay fairly priced)
Combi Twin Savvy (45 lb weight limit per child)
Peg Perego Aria Twin
Inglesina Twin Jet
Kidco Lifestyle Double (will be coming out in Spring and have a weight capacity of 50lbs per child)

Will your 5 yr old be riding outside of your trip? You may want to consider renting if not. Some of the strollers above are rather pricey! good luck

Jo

Hi KimR

I have the Graco Duolite. I have 3 month old twins, I like the stroller a lot. But, I will NOT bring it to WDW. It does not fold nicely at all. A typical GRACO. We travel by car, and it would take up the whole trunk. I would recomend the Malaren's! I do not have one, a LOT too pricey for our family, but I have tested them out, and they are really great! I purchused a Kolcraft Double stroller and am in the process of making a basket for underneath. Definatly not the quallity of the Maclaren, but a much better price. Good luck!!

Have to agree with Gravymom and recommend the Mountain Buggy, if money is not a concern. I have the Double Urban for my 2 1/2-year-old and 9-mo-old and couldn't live without it. These things push and steer like nothing else out there, decent storage underneath, reclines completely and can hold up to 100lbs. Drawbacks, it's expensive and heavy.

Do not get the Peg Perego Aria Twin we have had nothing but trouble with it.....If money is an issue you are better off with a stroller bag and a Kolcraft reclining umbrella, If you older child is under 40 lbs.....That may be the limit...

Here's a nice reasonable double side by side; It's $59 plus shipping unless you can find a Burlington Coat Factory store near you! I just don't know the weight limit.

double side-by-side

I just bought a Sit N Stand for my 2 yr old and 5 yr old for our April/May trip to the WDW. We tried it out last night at our local mall and it was perfect. The younger one sat in front like a standard stroller, and the older one got to either sit at the back facing me, or stand facing forward. I think it will be perfect. I beleive A Baby's Best Friend Rents them, and also has a picture if you want to see what I mean. www.abbf.com I bought one second hand for $150 cdn, so it was cheaper than renting one for the 11 days I will be there.

Thanks so much for the link to Burlington coat factory. I just purchased that stroller it looks great....Cheaper than renting is my excuse. Anybody want to buy a 3 month old Peg Perego Aria Twin? He, He, Thanks for the info......

Originally posted by twinmomplus2
Thanks so much for the link to Burlington coat factory. I just purchased that stroller it looks great....Cheaper than renting is my excuse. Anybody want to buy a 3 month old Peg Perego Aria Twin? He, He, Thanks for the info......

You are very welcome. I hope it works out for you!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter