Double Tree or B Resort?

Moramoon

DIS Veteran
We're going to be down at Disney Dec 20th-22 for the Christmas party. Right now we're booked at Double Tree for our stay. I saw on the mousesaver newsletter that B Resort is running a promo that makes it over $100 less than what we're booked for right now. I looked online and there's some mixed reviews for the B Resort. I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out and give me some input for those that have stayed at either. Thanks in advance!

I can't help with the B Resort, as I haven't stayed there. I do have a reservation for New Year's, though. I'm pretty picky about my hotels. I've done research and walked through the place when I've stayed nearby. I'm confident it'll be a nice place to stay.

I've spent 50+ nights at the DoubleTree Suites over the past several years. I've never had a bad stay. Any minor issues (bad TV remote, in-room safe malfunction) where easily fixed with one phone call. It's a solid hotel with an above-average staff.

You may already know, but these two hotels are adjacent. So, there's really no difference in location. I think the DoubleTree Suites will win a battle of room size. All the rooms are 540 square foot suites. (For comparison, that's roughly the size of two Disney Value Resort rooms.) Virtually all the suites are "wide" instead of "narrow". By that, I mean both the living room and bedroom have windows. I find that configuration preferable to narrow rooms where only the bedroom has windows and the living room is dark.

For a shorter stay like you have, the extra space of a two-room suite might not be worth the extra $100. If I were in your shoes, I'd almost certainly switch to the B Resort. Other frequent posters in this forum have positive things to say about the B. I trust them more than random people on sites like Trip Advisor.

Be sure to take a look of the following thread. You'll see opinions of people that have stayed at both hotels:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/best-disney-springs-hotel-with-best-price-transportaion.3644078/

I've stayed at both. The B resort feels more modern to me. Will you be using the sofa bed? If so I would definitely recommend the B Resort.

We probably wouldn't be using the sofa bed. It's just our family of 4. DS is 5 and DD 2 so she'll more than likely sleep in her pack and play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter