DoubleTree Guest Suites - Anaheim Convention Center

sydangel68

Mouseketeer
Hi, due to some financial issues, we are going to have to change our DLC vacation to somehow make it more afordable. The big one for us is the accomodation cost, so staying offsite has now become a reality :(

After reading lots of revies on Trip Advisor and checking out the best deals. It seems our best option is going to be the new Doubletree Guest Suites near the convention center. I believe it only opened a couple of months ago, so is a brand new property.

Has anyone stayed there or heard any reports good/bad?

The deal we can get for a 1 bedroom suite (completely seperate bedroom) is amazing, only the 2 star motels can compare to that rate.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

There are a few reviews on Tripadvisor.com. They seem to be a bit mixed. The only thing I know is they charge a parking/resort fee if you have a car.

We're planning on staying there in June, my wife is a hotel snob, and she liked the idea of staying in a new hotel. The price was great, so we don't mind paying the fee for the car.

darren

amw said:
There are a few reviews on Tripadvisor.com. They seem to be a bit mixed. The only thing I know is they charge a parking/resort fee if you have a car.

Actually, one of the reviews (the worst one) is in the wrong place - it's for a completely different hotel. We are also staying there in June in a 2 room suite for $119 a night. At that rate, I don't mind paying for parking.

Look forward to the reports post your June stays. Let me know what you think?

I did check out Trip Advisor but there are so few reviews its hard to judge.

We got the internet rate for $92 per night, so the $11 parking is not a problem. The main criteria for us is that we have 2 rooms as we have a 2yo and want to be able to watch TV or plan for the next day without disturbing his sleep.

I am a hotel snob too..LOL so love the idea of staying somewhere brand new.

Don't forget to let me know what you thought.

Cheers

Angela,

I'll do my best to at least get a review of the hotel up ASAP when we get back. If I have downtime while in CA, I'll write something up (if we have internet access as well), since I'll be taking my laptop.

darren

Darren,

Thanks so much for doing this, look forward to it. Will be interested to hear about how their internet access works too, as we are also taking the laptop.

By the way, your Little Girl is gorgeous. Great website.

Cheers

Hotel snob myself here, we will be staying at the new Doubletree in June also. I will have my laptop also so will try to give a live report.

Darren, fellow Texan,

When are you going in June?

I will post from the hotel next Friday (19th).

If you have any specific quetions, post them here. :sunny:

Thanks for offering to provide feedback. I look forward to it.

My specific questions are:

What are the rooms like?
Are they quiet, clean and is the main bedroom completely seperate?

How long does it take to walk to DLR, DCA and DTD?

Whats the shuttle like?

Any good places to eat in the hotel or nearby?

Any negatives?

Also would love to see some pics as there aren't any on Trip Advisor or the Double Tree website yet.... hope I am not pushing it here.

Cheers

Angela, no problem! It sounds like we'll be getting some reviews soon, but I'll give the perspective from my wife and I as well. Thanks for the compliments on the website and my daughter. The website is all me, my daughter is a gift from God :)

Tracie, we land at SNA on 6/25, we plan on hitting the parks 6/26 and 6/27, and possibly a third day (we're getting a city pass from Costco), but we're also visiting family, so not 100% on the third day yet.

yeartolate, I'm looking forward to your review! I'm sure my wife will be happy to hear about it ahead of time, or maybe not haha. We're locked in though (pre-pay!)

darren

sydangel68 said:

What are the rooms like?

Whats the shuttle like?

Any negatives?

Also would love to see some pics as there aren't any on Trip Advisor or the Double Tree website yet.... hope I am not pushing it here.

Cheers

Angela, I haven't been there yet, but based on the website & Trip Advisor Reviews, the bedroom is completely separate and can have 2 queens or a king. The reviews on Trip Advisor say that it is about 1/2 mi. and 20 min. from the park. One reviewer said walking was faster than taking ART. The website says that the hotel has a coffee shop and a restaurant.

sydangel68 said:

What are the rooms like?

Whats the shuttle like?

Any negatives?

Cheers
Hotel is a 20 minute walk to DL, the ART shuttle is very nearby.

10 minute walk to the convention center.

Our suite was 2 separate rooms. Beds very comfortable. A 25 inch TV in each room.

Decoration was understated, but not plain. Very soothing.

Pool small.

Room service was quick and plentiful. Breakfast has interesting delicious choices.

Fridge in room was mini - but not the supersmall cube type. No freezer. Microwave was small - but perfect.

Workdesk is goodsized, well lit, with comfortable chairs. High speed wireleless is excellent - I chose the $49.95 for 7 days option (otherwise was $9.95 a night.

I was able to see fireworks from my room --- from a distance.

Staff is over the top helpful.

My main complaint is that there is not a grocery store nearby. I wanted to "stock the kitchen" to save a little extra cash, but the nearby alternatives are too high priced without the selection to make it worth my effort.

I believe there is a Bakers Square and Denny's accross the street.

There is still a little work being done on the hotel, but not more than a little outside surface work. I didn't notice any heavy fumes (new carpet, etc) as some on trip advisor had mentioned, and I am sensitive.

I will be here till THursday morning, so let me know if you have more questions. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I thought it was free wireless access, I guess I just assumed it was free :)

How do they know who to charge, do they give you a username/password kind of thing?

darren

ktulu said:
I thought it was free wireless access, I guess I just assumed it was free :)

How do they know who to charge, do they give you a username/password kind of thing?

darren
The wireless in the lobby is free.

In room, it connects me and I go through my usual account with my password.

Thanks for the info. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay.

Would love to see some pics of the room and the pool? Even the Doubletree website doesn't have any yet.

Cheers

We are at the doubletree right now. The hotel is nice and the staff is very friendly. We walked to DTD for lunch and for us the walk was not bad at all. Our boys are 13 & 15, so don't know how it would be with little ones. We are on the 7th (top) floor facing DLR. Will let you know after the fireworks if we could see any. The beds are great!!! and the room is a good size. sydangel I will get pictures taken for you since we are just resting tonight, before starting our citypass tomorrow. My 15yr old says he knows how to post pics so maybe I can put them on the thread.

Tracie

Here's some pictures from the Double Tree. Sry they're so big!

14slhmq.jpg

14sljsw.jpg

14slkk8.jpg

14sm6o0.jpg

14sm8pi.jpg

14smbrn.jpg

14smcmo.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter