downloading digital pics

Tinkerbelloncapecod

Tinkerbelloncapecod
hello,

we are going to WDW for Christmas...Is there someway I can download our pictures to a cd so I can use my smart media card again without bringing a computer? I'm sure we will shoot tons of pictures and I am sure I won't have enough smart media cards. someone suggested a portable zip drive a while back. Anyone heard of this zip drive or what should I do?

thanks for all your help and suggestions!

There's something called Minds@Work which will hold anywhere from 10 - 20 GB of data. I've found the units to be pricey though... The Kodak center in Epcot will download pictures from your digital camera. They told me that they'll put 40 images on a CD and will charge $11.99 (I think) ... and each additional CD is something like $5? It might be better to buy additional memory ... depending on the prices of course :)

I just bought one of these today. I was actually looking for an MP3 player and found this. I thought--why not get a gadget that stores picture and/or songs. I don't have it, yet, but it is supposed to arrive before I leave for Disneyland...
Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20 Photo Bundle
animation_multimedia.gif

It was a little bit pricey--$349.95 (with free ground shipping), but look at what it can do!

What it is supposed to do:

The ARCHOS Jukebox Multimedia™ Photo bundle is the first handheld entertainment center that combines functionality for MP3 music, digital photo and video in one device. It is the first portable jukebox compatible with DivX Video, playing MPEG4 video of VHS quality on the color LCD screen or TV.

The 20 GB Hard Drive is able to hold up to 5,000 MP3 songs, 10,000 -- 200,000 photos, 20 to 40 hours of video, and can serve as a back up 20 GB hard drive for personal data.

It only weighs 10.2 oz, and it is 4.3" x 3.1" x 1.1".....

Technical Specifications
Capacity: 20GB Internal Hard Drive
Internal Buffer: 16 MB
Transfer Rate:: USB 1.1 (PC & Mac) - 1MB/s Max
Optional interfaces sold separately:USB 2.0 (PC)FireWire (PC or Mac)
Format Supported: MP3 (30 to 320 kBps - CBR and VBR) Decoding
MP3 VBR (30 to 160 kBps) Real-time encoding
Photo Carousel to display image files
BMP & JPEG (Any size)
MPEG4 simple profile (Max. CIF format - 352x288 pixels, 30 frames/sec., VHS Quality, AVI File format, MP3 stereo sound tracks)
Display: Built-in 1.5" LCD (Liquid Color Display) RGB.
Color LCD 237 x 234 pixels.
(or External Composite Video Out)
Audio Input Specs: Stereo Analog or Digital Line IN or Built-in microphone.
Audio Output Specs: Stereo Analog or Digital Line OUT or Earphone jack.
Video Output Specs: Composite Video OUT jack to connect to Television (NTSC or PAL TV stardard)
Playback autonomy: Up to 8 hours. (MP3 Playback)
Salability: VLOADable firmware updates from www.archos.com
Power Source: Internal Power: Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries.
External Power: AC-DC Charger / Adapter.
Dimensions: 110 x 79 x 28 mm (4.3" x 3.1" x 1.1")
Weight: 290g (10.2 oz) including battery pack.
-DC :)

Minds@Work has 2 different model for storage. The older one is a Digital Wallet the other is something like mindstor. Thier website is www.mindsatwork.net . I went and checked out the discontinued and refirbished site. You can get a 10GB digital wallet for about $160. It is from the manufacturor. That is cheaper than in a store. Those are ones that were returned and checked out and are fine. They may have scratches and such on them.

I know there is a Costco in the Orlando area. You can just bring your smartmedia card in and they will develop the pictures for you or put them on a cd for you. I am not positive about the prices buy they are very reasonable. You may just want to check with your local Costco as the prices are pretty similar for all Costco's.

Hope this helps

MandaMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter