Downtown Disney recommendations?

pcarlson05

Earning My Ears
Heading to DL this Saturday, supposed to land around noon. I had planned to spend this first day at the pool as we don’t have any park tickets but looks like it could rain throughout the day. Any recommendations on how to kill time in downtown Disney or otherwise with a 5 year old and 7 year old? We have gone to Disneyland a few times now but haven’t really explored anything beyond the parks, so I’m feeling a bit at a loss.

Lego store, Star Wars trader, the big World of Disney store and Splitsville bowling are definitely great time killers. Splitsville has bumpers for the kids so they don’t bowl only gutter balls.

Last edited:
The PP gave great suggestions! I'd also say to explore the GCH a bit. They usually have a seasonal treat cart in the lobby with fun desserts. I think it's Star Wars themed for Season of the Force now.

When we were there last week there were some tables by that lawn/play area that said there were crafts in the afternoon (I think F-Sun). Didn’t go by at those times, it that might be something to check out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter