Downtown Disney...what's good?

hannahryan

DIS Veteran
We will be eating at downtown disney after we take the boat from POR. We've never done this before. Any suggestions for a decent dinner with 2 kids (not too expensive). Thanks.
::MinnieMo

We love to go to DTD for dinner. Our favorites are House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck and Rainforest Cafe!! House of Blues has an appetizer called Voodoo Shrimp that is soooooooooo good. I usually get that as my entree and a caesar salad, then dessert of course!! :tongue:

Bongo's, Wolfgang Puck are both great. For even more casual dining Earl of Sandwhich and Ghiradelli's are bth great.

Anne

If you want something really inexpensive and delicious, I would suggest Earl of Sandwich. We were very pleasantly surprised at how good the food here was, and we can't wait to go back.

We also enjoy our visits to Rainforest Cafe, although it's quite a bit more expensive.

I hear great things around here about House of Blues and Wolfgang Puck's, although they are also fairly expensive.

We tried Planet Hollywood one time, and I wouldn't recommend it. It was so loud, we couldn't have any conversation at all during the meal, and it was pretty expensive.

Earl of Sandwich gives you the best "bang for your buck", but there isn't a lot of ambiance. Everything we've ordered there has been great.

On the other hand, Planet Hollywood I would rate as possibly the worst on-site place to eat.

Because of allergies to certain seasonings, we avoid Wolfgang Puck's (the food tasted good, but the physical reacton wasn't worth it). The same for House of Blues. If you don't have these types of issues, they may be a good alternative.

Ghiradelli is OK, but I don't think it is as good as Earl of Sandwich.

The kids will love the atmosphere at Rainforest Cafe, the food is OK, nothing special, but tasty.

also in the marketplace is wolfgang puck express. it is good. you did not say how old the children are. i agree w/earl of sandwich recommendation posted by Chuck S. you could possibly share a sandwich. they are yummy and the shop is connect to a candy shop. happy eating!:tongue:

the mac n cheese at Wolfgang Puck Express is some of the best I've ever had. I am sure you kids will appreciate that.

I really like tht House of Blues. The service and food are very good and I did not find them too expensive. Another idea would be to grab something at the foodcourt of your hotel, then have some ice cream at Ghiradelli's for dessert. YUMMY!!!

Originally posted by hannahryan
We will be eating at downtown disney after we take the boat from POR. We've never done this before. Any suggestions for a decent dinner with 2 kids (not too expensive). Thanks.
::MinnieMo

WolfGang Puck's express on the Marketplace side of DTD is a good place to eat. It is a cross between counter service and a sit down place so we find the food to be very good for the price.

Planet Hollywood is also very good. This is located on in the Pleasure Island area of DTD. This is a unique sit down experiance but will cost more then WolfGang Puck's Express. We enjoy both places very much.

Earl of Sandwich was good. Its $4.95 for all sandwiches. if you want a sitdown meal rainforest cafe is great for the kids with electonical moving animals.

My DH and I went to Earl of Sandwich 2 times during our 5 day trip. We almost went to Wolfgang Puck's Express, but had enjoyed our EoS meal so much we ended up back there.

T&B

We tried both Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck's. Both were reasonably priced, quick service, and tasty. I have to say I preferred EOS, though. WP's food was a little on the exotic side for my kids--and they're not very picky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter