DP dessert question

DJFan88

DIS Veteran
First off, Yes, I know its not offered right now. Who knows the future, what it'll be, etc.

Pre-CV19, on the standard DDP, did QS credit include a dessert? If so, were you able to choose something like a Cutie orange or other fruit, in lieu of , say a cookie?

Thanks.

No dessert in QS credit. It used to include it, but took it away and gave you 2 snack credits instead of 1 snack per day.

Ok thank you, that was a good idea then as so many awesome snacks and your stomach can digest

Originally you got desserts with QS and two snacks. Then they took away one snack. Then they took away desserts and added the second snack back.

Yes I know. I do not personally find the QSDP valuable. Even when its free its much better value for me to upgrade.

Last edited:

Yes I know. I do not recommend QSDP. Even when its free its much better value for your money to upgrade.

Yeah, it's a net loss on both plans, but worse on QS. It annoys me even as I know it's too much food for me even with the loss of desserts. We've only ever done dining plans in free dining deals.

Yes I know. I do not recommend QSDP. Even when its free its much better value for your money to upgrade.
I’m the opposite. I see no money value in upgrading.

It would cost my family of four almost $1400 for two weeks to upgrade and another $700 in tips. I’d rather take that $2100 and pay out of pocket for a few favourite restaurants, and pocket the extra money. :) As a bonus, you’ve got a few extra quick service meals to eat. :thumbsup2

It really does depend on the make up of your party, how long you stay, and what you want to eat. I can see why single people or couples on a short trip might want to upgrade.

As with any dining plan purchase, it is relative to how you use it and whether or not it works for you. I did a solo 2-day, 1-night trip back in Feb and picked up QSDP for the one night, which worked out for me, for that trip. For a different trip for me it might work out a different way, let alone someone else's situation.

I’m the opposite. I see no money value in upgrading.

It would cost my family of four almost $1400 for two weeks to upgrade and another $700 in tips. I’d rather take that $2100 and pay out of pocket for a few favourite restaurants, and pocket the extra money. :) As a bonus, you’ve got a few extra quick service meals to eat. :thumbsup2

It really does depend on the make up of your party, how long you stay, and what you want to eat. I can see why single people or couples on a short trip might want to upgrade.

For the way I tour it makes sense to upgrade.
I go on shorter trips and pay for myself. An upgraded dining plan for say 4 nights at what $22ish per night is an extra $88. Still making it a much better value for me than a room rate discount does but that is a discussion for another thread.

For the way I tour it makes sense to upgrade.
I go on shorter trips and pay for myself. An upgraded dining plan for say 4 nights at what $22ish per night is an extra $88.

Right. And that’s why I mentioned how party size, length of stay, and what you eat factor into the value. It just sounded like you don’t recommend the QSDP to others simply because it doesn’t work for you. I was just presenting a different scenario to show how not upgrading to the regular dining plan can be a better value for some.

Still making it a much better value for me than a room rate discount does but that is a discussion for another thread.

Yes. That’s totally different, and not what we were talking about anyways.

Right. And that’s why I mentioned how party size, length of stay, and what you eat factor into the value. It just sounded like you don’t recommend the QSDP to others simply because it doesn’t work for you. I was just presenting a different scenario to show how not upgrading to the regular dining plan can be a better value for some.

Yes. That’s totally different, and not what we were talking about anyways.

My stance has always been do what works for you (I'm sorry I will adjust my previous post to reflect that as I realize it may have seemed like I would steer someone away from the option they feel is the best for them) but the QSDP does not hold as much of a financial value as it used to because it was not an even swap. They took away more than they gave. That is simply a fact.
I was just trying to show you a comparison not flaunt that its not worth it for me.

Last edited:
but the QSDP does not hold as much of a financial value as it used to because it was not an even swap. They took away more than they gave. That is simply a fact.
Yes. I know. I was not disputing that.
I was just sharing how/why some find more value in not upgrading.
I do appreciate you clarifying your stance. :goodvibes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter