Dream 4 night Dec 4, 2017

DW and I will be joining you all for the four-night cruise then heading over to the YC for seven nights. It's been a few year since we've been on the DCL. This is our fourth DCL cruise and first time on the Dream. I need to catch up on all the DCL changes over the last few years.

For you first-timers, I can tell you that a DCL cruise in December is a great way to get into the Christmas spirit., The decorations and activities are really special. We did the Fantasy a few years ago in December and it was really nice. We have been on two of the four day cruises and one seven day. Got to say that the four day cruise goes by way too fast. We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary which is why we tied a seven night land package onto the backside of the cruise.
You are so right about the Christmas spirit we have been on 3, the first since 2001 looking forward to this one

I just popped over to see if there was a group for this cruise! We just booked this week for my husband, 11-year-old son and me. Hubby and I did this cruise in February 2016 to celebrate our 24th Anniversary. We loved it so much we wanted to go back. Can't wait to see what my son thinks!

I can't wait! We are doing WDW first and a cruise after. Never cruised before. It's also our 3 year olds first Disney experience.
We are doing a couple of days at WDW before the cruise with our three year old daughter too! Do you have twins?!? (You said three year olds.) We are so excited to see see how she reacts to all of this. (I hope she isn't too scared!)

Yay! Hello cruising companions. We are excited to go on this VeryMerry Vacation with you all. Anyone interested in starting a Fish Extender Group?
We are excited about being back on DCL in December too. Combining it with five nights at the Yacht Club afterwards makes it even that more unbelievable for us.
DW and I discussed the FE concept last weekend. We did one a few years ago and while it was a fun activity we aren't ready just yet to jump on board. We'll continue to discuss and come to some sort of a decision later on this summer.
Katesdad

Yay! Hello cruising companions. We are excited to go on this VeryMerry Vacation with you all. Anyone interested in starting a Fish Extender Group?

How do you know how many people are in a fish extender group? Could possibly be interested if it's not too overwhelming.

How do you know how many people are in a fish extender group? Could possibly be interested if it's not too overwhelming.
You never know until about a month before Been on a cruise where I saw the FE group break up into two as it got too large. Our last cruise where we did participate in the FE there were twelve families. We chose the option of just doing one gift per stateroom (small glass candle holder with the cruise information date and FE group name on the front and a battery "candle" for inside) but we had some in the group do a gift for each in the stateroom something for the adults vs. something for the kids. It gets down to what you want to do, how much room you have to carry things on board, and how much money you want to spend We had a lot of fun with it but we aren't sure we will have the ability to do it on this trip. We're still discussing.
Katesdad

You never know until about a month before Been on a cruise where I saw the FE group break up into two as it got too large. Our last cruise where we did participate in the FE there were twelve families. We chose the option of just doing one gift per stateroom (small glass candle holder with the cruise information date and FE group name on the front and a battery "candle" for inside) but we had some in the group do a gift for each in the stateroom something for the adults vs. something for the kids. It gets down to what you want to do, how much room you have to carry things on board, and how much money you want to spend We had a lot of fun with it but we aren't sure we will have the ability to do it on this trip. We're still discussing.
Katesdad
Thank you for the information. I'm not super crafty but I think my girls would love the idea. I'll keep watching this thread for more info. Can't wait for December!!

I'll start a Google Doc to manage the list. Staterooms that wish to join can sign up and add details. If we get too many participants for one group, I'll break it into as many groups as necessary to make it managable. This is everyone's vacation, so the goal is to make sure it is fun. I don't want anyone overwhelmed having to cart a huge number of FE gifts in their luggage or spend precious cruise hours hunting for too many staterooms to make deliveries. As Katesdad mentioned, doing one gift per stateroom can really simplify things, although it is fun for kiddos to get individual gifts.

I'll start a Google Doc to manage the list. Staterooms that wish to join can sign up and add details. If we get too many participants for one group, I'll break it into as many groups as necessary to make it managable. This is everyone's vacation, so the goal is to make sure it is fun. I don't want anyone overwhelmed having to cart a huge number of FE gifts in their luggage or spend precious cruise hours hunting for too many staterooms to make deliveries. As Katesdad mentioned, doing one gift per stateroom can really simplify things, although it is fun for kiddos to get individual gifts.

Thank you AlanaPoppins. I appreciate the info!

There is already a FE group on Facebook for this cruise if you wanted to join that one.
Todd! Thank you for the heads up. I looked last week and didn't see one so I thought I would start one! I just looked again and found it. YAY! I just joined over there.

So excited about our first Disney Cruise!!! I will be traveling with my Mom and Son (DS?)!! It is his first Disney experience, as he is only 2. We are starting out at WDW for 4 days, and then embarking on the cruise. We are hitting it full force :) When studying up on everything I keep seeing info on the Fish Extender Exchange?? Does anyone know if there is thread for our trip already made??

Yippie! We are doing 3 nights at Disney (staying at POR) before the cruise too. There is an extensive Facebook page organizing all sorts of fun activities including Fish Extender Exchanges and providing lots of advice. You can find it by searching for a Disney Dream December 4 - 8, 2017. Or I think this link will work: https://www.facebook.com/groups/110...=group_r2j_approved&notif_id=1497558436597922
So excited about our first Disney Cruise!!! I will be traveling with my Mom and Son (DS?)!! It is his first Disney experience, as he is only 2. We are starting out at WDW for 4 days, and then embarking on the cruise. We are hitting it full force :) When studying up on everything I keep seeing info on the Fish Extender Exchange?? Does anyone know if there is thread for our trip already made??

Yippie! We are doing 3 nights at Disney (staying at POR) before the cruise too. There is an extensive Facebook page organizing all sorts of fun activities including Fish Extender Exchanges and providing lots of advice. You can find it by searching for a Disney Dream December 4 - 8, 2017. Or I think this link will work: https://www.facebook.com/groups/110...=group_r2j_approved&notif_id=1497558436597922
I do not have Facebook. Anyone care to share the activities being planned over there?

I do not have Facebook. Anyone care to share the activities being planned over there?
Not a fan of that social media outlet either but we do have access so we can keep up with our kids activities. Guess you can say I'm a lurker not a poster. I've looked at the page but I'll be truthful, I can't figure out what is going on. That's why I keep coming here.
Paid off the trip today, now waiting until September 5 to make spa and Palo reservations.
Katesdad

Hey AlanaPoppins! Are you still headed up the FE for this cruise? My wife and I will be on this sailing. It's our second time on the Dream and we love to participate in FE groups! We'd love to join!

Has anyone been able to secure a Palo brunch reservation for Thursday (sea day)? Been trying for a few weeks now and it keeps telling me nothing is available. Wondering if I am out of luck, if DCL hasn't released the times yet for the brunch or maybe they just decided we don't need to have a Palo brunch on this four-day trip.
Thanks
Katesdad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter