Dream concierge

Chloe42

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!
I’ve been on the Disney Dream 4 times but this year we are doing our first concierge trip! What are the benefits of concierge, what shouldn’t we miss and what’s your favourite bits?
Thanks 😊

Hey everyone!
I’ve been on the Disney Dream 4 times but this year we are doing our first concierge trip! What are the benefits of concierge, what shouldn’t we miss and what’s your favourite bits?
Thanks 😊

welcome to the disboards. Never did concierge and probably never will. But what I read here. People love the included alcohol that you can get at certain times. The Lounge they love.Don’t forget about the pillow menu.
There will be people coming on later that of course can help you out a lot more than this inside stateroom person can.

Lots of good stuff happening in concierge:

1. get access to your room as soon as you board the ship basically
2. When you first get on board, you get to eat privately with only other concierge guests in one of the dining rooms with alcohol included
3. They will give you free popcorn anytime you want it.
4. Private character meet and greet for concierge guests only
5. Access to private sun deck and hot tub including sunscreen for concierge guests only
6. food and snacks served in the lounge throughout the day.
7. happy hour from 5:00 to 10:00 each night
8. Concierge hosts will check availability and book any event you are looking to do.
9. We book our activities at 125 days out so we always get a cabana

Last edited:
Lots of good stuff happening in concierge:...................2. get to eat privately with only other concierge guests in one of the dining rooms with alcohol included..........

Is this something new??? We've Dream 2 times Concierge 1 BR and never told about private dining with alcohol!!!

My favorite parts: Getting a cabana for Castaway Cay, enjoying the much less crowded hot tub, walking right across the hall every morning to pick up breakfast and use the fancy coffee machine in the lounge (then take it to my verandah), and the happy hour each night. Enjoy!

Lots of good stuff happening in concierge:

1. get access to your room as soon as you board the ship basically
2. When you first get on board, you get to eat privately with only other concierge guests in one of the dining rooms with alcohol included
3. They will give you free popcorn anytime you want it.
4. Private character meet and greet for concierge guests only
5. Access to private sun deck and hot tub including sunscreen for concierge guests only
6. food and snacks served in the lounge throughout the day.
7. happy hour from 5:00 to 10:00 each night
8. Concierge hosts will check availability and book any event you are looking to do.

Very good summary. The hot tub is only on certain ships (Dream and Fantasy I believe). The popcorn - it used to be bagged popcorn but I think this may have recently changed and you can still get the bagged popcorn but can also get free popcorn in front of the theaters. Don't quote me on that though as I have not experienced that yet. Pillow menu as mentioned. Robes in the room (including kid size which is adorable). If you are in a room with a table, hot breakfast is available via room service. Concierge hosts will help you with anything you need instead of guest services. And how can we forget the amazing coffee machine.

We enjoynot having to wait or get a ticket for the tender if you are tendering to an island. You simply go to the concierge lounge and someone from concierge will walk to down to the tender and you get on and go ashore. Also, on the last day of the cruise you get priority access off the ship. Go to the concierge lounge after your breakfast and someone form concierge will walk you off the ship. No waiting for your group to be called.

I'm excited about this thread, as we've never cruised concierge before, but will for the first time in May. We've done a lot of research, and in addition to the fantastic points made by Trera, here are a couple of other things we're looking forward to based on what we've learned:

- Smooth embarkation and debarkation (first allowed on, first allowed off)
- Great locations in dining rooms
- Those amazing concierge hosts everyone raves about

There are also a couple of really nice Disney Dream Concierge trip reports that we've enjoyed:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/escape-to-concierge.3730250/
(Lovely, with lots of photos and descriptions)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...erge-4-night-bahamanian-cruise-dream.3741748/
(concise but thorough)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...cierge-and-a-proposal-completed-2-13.3653383/(From a couple of years ago, but again packed with great photos and descriptions)

Got it. Our last DCL Concierge was 2017 and was less Magical then previous. As a result we "jumped cruise line" and receive much more for much less just no Mickey Magic.

Which lines have you cruised? I'm also thinking about jumping ship soon.

I'm excited about this thread, as we've never cruised concierge before, but will for the first time in May. We've done a lot of research, and in addition to the fantastic points made by Trera, here are a couple of other things we're looking forward to based on what we've learned:

- Smooth embarkation and debarkation (first allowed on, first allowed off)
- Great locations in dining rooms
- Those amazing concierge hosts everyone raves about

There are also a couple of really nice Disney Dream Concierge trip reports that we've enjoyed:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/escape-to-concierge.3730250/
(Lovely, with lots of photos and descriptions)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...erge-4-night-bahamanian-cruise-dream.3741748/
(concise but thorough)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...cierge-and-a-proposal-completed-2-13.3653383/(From a couple of years ago, but again packed with great photos and descriptions)
The only thing I would change on this is in our luck on two concierge trips (Magic, Fantasy) we have not had good locations in the dinning rooms even though we requested it.

The only thing I would change on this is in our luck on two concierge trips (Magic, Fantasy) we have not had good locations in the dinning rooms even though we requested it.
Interesting, and good to know. This is very different from a lot of the reviews we read, so it's good to learn from someone with experience that this isn't always the case, so we won't have expectations of it. Thank you :)

Which lines have you cruised? I'm also thinking about jumping ship soon.

We sailed Oceania Insignia in a PH2 on a 7 day Western and was not overwhelmed.

Most recent was MSC Seaside 7 day in Yacht Club and was super pleased. So much so that we have 2 more cruises booked. Cabin is very adequate but definitely not a Dream Concierge 1 BR' however, with Butler, fridge stocked and replenished, HUGE EXCLUSIVE LOUNGE and DINING AREA with complete bar service, separate outside pool-hot tub-lounge-cabanas, grill and bar also, elevator with priority key function, special seating and more all for $$$$ less.

Met a cruiser who has done NCL Haven and she felt YC was superior. I would imagine RCCL Star would be another step higher BUT again still more $$$. Hoping that our next YC in a few months will be as special unlike the latest DCL Concierge experience.

thanks for the info
We sailed Oceania Insignia in a PH2 on a 7 day Western and was not overwhelmed.

Most recent was MSC Seaside 7 day in Yacht Club and was super pleased. So much so that we have 2 more cruises booked. Cabin is very adequate but definitely not a Dream Concierge 1 BR' however, with Butler, fridge stocked and replenished, HUGE EXCLUSIVE LOUNGE and DINING AREA with complete bar service, separate outside pool-hot tub-lounge-cabanas, grill and bar also, elevator with priority key function, special seating and more all for $$$$ less.

Met a cruiser who has done NCL Haven and she felt YC was superior. I would imagine RCCL Star would be another step higher BUT again still more $$$. Hoping that our next YC in a few months will be as special unlike the latest DCL Concierge experience.
Thanks for the comparison. Are the bars open for longer hours? or similar to dcl 5pm-10pm? I personally think alcohol should be available all day, for the amount of $$$ we pay for concierge.

thanks for the info

Thanks for the comparison. Are the bars open for longer hours? or similar to dcl 5pm-10pm? I personally think alcohol should be available all day, for the amount of $$$ we pay for concierge.

YC bars plus any bar on entire ship from breakfast Bloody Mary to closing. Our dining room was excellent and I asked server if chef would make my Curry powder mixture since the ship's was good but not mine at home. He asked for a list of ingredients that I provided with the exact amounts of each down to 1 or 2 pinches and completed it minus 1 ingredient that they did not have onboard with an appology for not having it. Our mini fridge had sodas, tonic, juice, 3 cans of snacks, mini gin, vodka, scotch replenished if opened plus both San Pellegrino waters on counter tops.

Last time we booked concierge, we didn't book a cabana. Wanting to book one for our upcoming Merrytime cruise. Do I still need to book at midnight, even at 125 days out? Or can I just send an email any time at 125 days out and snag one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter