Dream December 31, 2018 4-Night Double Dip

We definitely want to be part of the fish extender group! This is our 3rd Disney cruise and we think we’re surprising the kids. It’s my husband and I, daughter will be 8 and son will be 5.
You are most welcome to join the group I organize, but it is strictly Local Candy/Snack. Still interested??

Local Candy/Snack Exchange Intrest

Bobbiwoz

We just booked...9th Disney Cruise, and third NYE. On these shorter cruises there is only an "optional" dress up night which should be the first night, on NYE. Some folks wear tuxedos, some just suits, and we were even stuck at a table with folks that wore shorts and a t-shirt to every meal...awkward. (now we request a table for just our family). There is also a FB page now :)
I know you can't post a FB link, but could you give us a couple words in the group page title. Not finding it in my searches. ;) Thanks!

Who is interested in the Local Candy/Snack Exchange?

I was able to book 2 nights for our group at BLT before the cruise. Is anyone else going to be at WDW before?

Hi ~ Just booked. This will be our family's 5th cruise and we love Double Dips. We are also spending a couple of days before the trip at YC. We are looking forward to a relaxing couple of days on the beach!

Hi ~ Just booked. This will be our family's 5th cruise and we love Double Dips. We are also spending a couple of days before the trip at YC. We are looking forward to a relaxing couple of days on the beach!
:welcome:

On previous cruises, I organize a " local Candy/Snack " exchange. We use the Fish extenders to pass out local treats. I keep the number of cabins in each group between 6-11, and we take note of any allergies. We give a small explanation of our gifts, usually taken from the internet. It's nice to come back to our cabin to find the treats!

If anyone is interested, just mention here. I will not be asking for cabin #Numbers until next October.

Bobbi:boat:

Interest in Local Candy/Snack Exchange
bobbiwoz

Hey, Looking to book this cruise and wondered how do they work the 2 days in a row at Castaway Cay? do you stay docked? or how does that work? looks like they still have you get back on the ship and off the next day again? thanks for any information!

We’ve been on a few double dips, and they did not stay docked, but this is the first time the CC days are back to back. On board is 4:45. I asked on the cruise forum, and was told the ship does not stay docked.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is my son at college just got a job as RA in his dorm. Great leadership opportunity for him. The bad news is that he has to be back early to school and we are probably going to have to cancel our cruise. I was very much looking forward to this trip. He is encouraging us to still go but would feel bad to do the trip without him. Life takes funny turns some days!

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is my son at college just got a job as RA in his dorm. Great leadership opportunity for him. The bad news is that he has to be back early to school and we are probably going to have to cancel our cruise. I was very much looking forward to this trip. He is encouraging us to still go but would feel bad to do the trip without him. Life takes funny turns some days!
Well, I understand that you would miss him since he was part of the original plans. Plus, I imagine you may be taking him to school. Hopefully, there will be other cruises you will take together. Congratulations to him on the position!

Well, I understand that you would miss him since he was part of the original plans. Plus, I imagine you may be taking him to school. Hopefully, there will be other cruises you will take together. Congratulations to him on the position!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Quick update ~ my DH, who isn't very Disney loving, must of felt so bad he actually found another Disney Cruise for us out of Miami. He doesn't usually help plant any of our trips. It is over the Christmas Holiday, and a day longer but works out just as well for us. Just no couple of days at WDW.

I hope you all enjoy your New Year's Eve cruise!

Lisa

Hello! We just booked this cruise, our first NYE's but 4th DCL. It's me, hubby, daughter 13yrs and son 11yrs.

We maybe interested in the local candy/snack exchange. It might depend on luggage space haha since we are coming from California and will be spending a few days before exploring Kennedy Space Center.

Faye

Well, we are back. Just rebooked this cruise!!

Ended up DS didn't have to go back to college so early so re-did all our plans. Really excited because this was the trip we wanted to take. We will be staying a couple of days at the BC before we get on the ship, taking those transfers over to the port. I couldn't be happier!

Nice to have you back!

And :welcome:to Faye Lin!

I won’t ask for cabin numbers for local candy snack exchange until October.

We are back from a DVC Member Cruise and received treats from Alabama, Texas, Virginia, Ohio/Kentucky, Japan, GA and New England....we are from NJ.

Hello all, summer is winding down, now we are thinking more of our NYE cruise, staying at airport hotel the night before our cruise, then going to SSR four nights after cruise then visiting family for two nights. It is all coming together nicely.

Interest in Local Candy/Snack Exchange?

We use Fish Extenders to hand out local snacks from our region, state. We include enough for folks in the cabin, and have a print out of the history of the gift. Now, I am just asking for interest. In November, I would ask for cabin numbers. Also, mention if there are allergies we should know about!

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to mention that there is a Facebook page for those sailing on this cruise - we have about 175 members. I am managing FE groups on the Facebook page if anyone is interested. We can also organize the local candy/snack exchange there if it is preferred. Come join us:earsgirl:!

Hi! I stay on Disboards, do not do FB. So, if anyone is interested in CE/Snack Exchange here, I will organize in interest!

Enjoy the fun, however you participate!

Bobbi

Hi! I stay on Disboards, do not do FB. So, if anyone is interested in CE/Snack Exchange here, I will organize in interest!

Enjoy the fun, however you participate!

Bobbi

I am not a FB person either, however my DH is on there all the time. It makes me laugh, but occasionally he shows me a picture or two. Like you I tend to stay on the Disboards. We would be happy to join the FE. I made my hanger for a Double Dip we did in November a long time ago. It would be nice to use it again! It has been awhile since we cruised and are definitely looking forward to the trip.

At the moment I am trying to figure out what we are going to do pre-trip. As you know, I switched our trip around a bit because of my older DS's college schedule. We are not crowd people and I am a bit worried we won't see much. Unlike the cruise, I had a difficult time making dining reservations as everything is full. I am glad we are coming in a bit early as was reading on the main forum that some folks missed their cruise due to departure day flight delays. I would be heartbroken if that happened to us.

Please let me know if I can assist in anyway.
Lisa

I am not a FB person either, however my DH is on there all the time. It makes me laugh, but occasionally he shows me a picture or two. Like you I tend to stay on the Disboards. We would be happy to join the FE. I made my hanger for a Double Dip we did in November a long time ago. It would be nice to use it again! It has been awhile since we cruised and are definitely looking forward to the trip.

At the moment I am trying to figure out what we are going to do pre-trip. As you know, I switched our trip around a bit because of my older DS's college schedule. We are not crowd people and I am a bit worried we won't see much. Unlike the cruise, I had a difficult time making dining reservations as everything is full. I am glad we are coming in a bit early as was reading on the main forum that some folks missed their cruise due to departure day flight delays. I would be heartbroken if that happened to us.

Please let me know if I can assist in anyway.
Lisa

Thank you!

I would be happy to exchange with you if that’s all we have. However, I hope others join the

Local Candy/Snack Exchange

Bamfield
bobbiwoz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter