DREAMS/DIS Exclusive BSM 10/25 -10/30/20 SOLD OUT!

My son and I are on this trip and reality is starting to sink in - I do think this is going to get cancelled and I am not sure that is a bad thing considering what the ABD involves. We went on this ABD a few years ago and it was awesome - and we wanted to take it to the next level with "The Dis Only Experience". If you have been on this ABD before I just cannot imagine how we would do many of the activities in today's environment or how The Dis/ABD will have comparable replacements that justifies the cost.

I have emailed Kevin a few questions and he is awesome - basically its too early to predict what October will look like. He and John will not be going - Pete and Sean will be on this ABD.

I was really hoping ABD would have one of these trips before our paid in full is due so that I know what to expect.
maybe they'll end up moving the entire group to a different year as they did with the cancelled July trip.
It's really hard to predict at this point.

Did anyone else think Kevin and John where going on this trip, or is it just me? Their names are on the list of people that are going...

I too signed up for this ABD specifically since Pete/John/Kevin were going - we are huge fans and this would be our chance to meet them along with the extra special things that are done on a DIS Only trip. A few days ago (after Delta changed my return flight for the 3rd time and ABD cancelled the AUG ABD's) I sent a few questions to Kevin. He is great about responding.

I asked if he/John/Pete are going - He and John will not and it will be Pete and Sean.

I asked if he will evaluate the trip to determine the trip is worth the value. I have been on this ABD before and have serious concerns about what will be available. Kevin said it is too early to tell. While I understand that we are in the COVID environment, I am concerned that this will be a dumbed down experience. I was really hoping that ABD would have one of these trips before our Paid in Full date so that we can manage expectations for the trip or move our deposit to another adventure.

My last question was based on last weeks (Tues) show where the 2021 DIS Only trips were announced - this years Egypt and SOCal ABD were cancelled and will have preference on the same trip next year. I think that is awesome customer service. Our group will not have that opportunity. I was hoping that we would get preference for the Dec 2021 trip but Kevin said that is not possible.

As of now I am planning to wait until the last few days to pay the balance and hope this trip lives up to the value - both from The Dis and ABD. My expectations are that this ABD will either get cancelled or be a very dumbed down experience.

Hi Folks,

If you noticed, this thread was started in July 2019. It was a different world.

Because we do two of the Backstab Magic Trips per year, its been decided that we would have different Podcaster travel. I have done this trip 16 times and Pete wanted to go in October.

Ive been asked what an ABD trip will look like in October. The simple answer is I DONT KNOW. No one does. Things are different today than they were yesterday.Asking what will happen 4 months from now is an exercise in futility. Anything I tell you will be a guess pulled out of a hat and I will not do that.

Over night, ABD has canceled trips through 9/15/2020. Thats just the last 12 hours. See my point?

As for your group getting preference.....last Tuesday (yup...one week ago) we thought the parks were opening and everything would be fine by October. Now....I am not sure in any way shape or form.

That being said.....if you are concerned that you wont get you money's worth or have fears about traveling.....at this point, ABD will allow you to move your dates.

I have canceled trips for guests coming from outside the country. I can help with yours too.

If this trip cancels...you are eligible for a full refund. Moving your date carries other policies.

If you are asking me to predict the future.....I can't.

As of now I am planning to wait until the last few days to pay the balance and hope this trip lives up to the value - both from The Dis and ABD. My expectations are that this ABD will either get cancelled or be a very dumbed down experience.

If this is how you are feeling....you might want to move your reservation. There are options.

Im sorry you feel this way, but I can not fix what I can't see.

Hi Folks,

If you noticed, this thread was started in July 2019. It was a different world.

Because we do two of the Backstab Magic Trips per year, its been decided that we would have different Podcaster travel. I have done this trip 16 times and Pete wanted to go in October.

Ive been asked what an ABD trip will look like in October. The simple answer is I DONT KNOW. No one does. Things are different today than they were yesterday.Asking what will happen 4 months from now is an exercise in futility. Anything I tell you will be a guess pulled out of a hat and I will not do that.

Over night, ABD has canceled trips through 9/15/2020. Thats just the last 12 hours. See my point?

As for your group getting preference.....last Tuesday (yup...one week ago) we thought the parks were opening and everything would be fine by October. Now....I am not sure in any way shape or form.

That being said.....if you are concerned that you wont get you money's worth or have fears about traveling.....at this point, ABD will allow you to move your dates.

I have canceled trips for guests coming from outside the country. I can help with yours too.

If this trip cancels...you are eligible for a full refund. Moving your date carries other policies.

If you are asking me to predict the future.....I can't.

i probably should have waited to cancel as i'm betting ABD will cancel.
I would have preferred a refund. Oh well. That was an expensive $1300 lesson (a placeholder that i'm never going to use).

to everyone else on here, i would wait for PIF before making a decision about moving/cancelling.
Give ABD a chance to cancel first so that you can get your money back.

Last edited:

I went on this adventure in 2018, and it was awesome, we had our day in Disneyland before the park opened and visited Walt’s apartment, on Walt’s birthday! I got my favorite picture of myself, in front of the castle, not another soul around (in the picture). and the ground is all reflective since it had rained. How awesome is that? Now I am concerned my next trip won’t live up to the first trip....

I went on this adventure in 2018, and it was awesome, we had our day in Disneyland before the park opened and visited Walt’s apartment, on Walt’s birthday! I got my favorite picture of myself, in front of the castle, not another soul around (in the picture). and the ground is all reflective since it had rained. How awesome is that? Now I am concerned my next trip won’t live up to the first trip....
i'm willing to bet ABD is going to cancel given the direction numbers are going.
And if they cancel, you'll have the opportunity to get your deposit refunded.
I didn't really pay attention when i initially booked that the deposit is nonrefundable.
Live and learn.
Given ABD's cancellation policy, i would never ever ever recommend to my friends booking a tour with ABD.
Find a company that has a refundable deposit or go DIY.
Forfeiting $1300 isn't a magical experience (especially given the circumstances).

i'm willing to bet ABD is going to cancel given the direction numbers are going.
I didn't really pay attention when i initially booked that the deposit is nonrefundable.
Live and learn.
Given ABD's cancellation policy, i would never ever ever recommend to my friends booking a tour with ABD.
Forfeiting $1300 isn't a magical experience (especially given the circumstances).

I agree! At least my deposit was only $475 (if I remember correctly), since I am by myself... but still ... not refundable sucks

Live and learn.

Totally agree - ABD really dropped the ball and it will show in future bookings. We went on this ABD a few years ago and it was totally awesome. But in the COVID environment, its hard to imagine how they would even do an ABD that is worth the cost. I am concerned that ABD will have a dumbed down money grab, but with $4,800 on deposit I am not going to lose it - I will pay the balance and play chicken I guess - either go or get a full refund.

When the ABDs do start up it will be interesting to read the trip reports - I would never recommend to anyone to book anything at this time - just wait until the ABDs get back to excellence, and that cannot happen until there is a vaccine.

Totally agree - ABD really dropped the ball and it will show in future bookings. We went on this ABD a few years ago and it was totally awesome. But in the COVID environment, its hard to imagine how they would even do an ABD that is worth the cost. I am concerned that ABD will have a dumbed down money grab, but with $4,800 on deposit I am not going to lose it - I will pay the balance and play chicken I guess - either go or get a full refund.

When the ABDs do start up it will be interesting to read the trip reports - I would never recommend to anyone to book anything at this time - just wait until the ABDs get back to excellence, and that cannot happen until there is a vaccine.

No one has a $4800 deposit. If you canceled right now and lost your deposit....it would be 10% of the cost of the Adventure. The rest would be refunded

At 10% a $4800 deposit would mean a $48000 trip.

And we have fully sold out two Backstage Magic trips for 2021.

Live and learn.

I agree! At least my deposit was only $475 (if I remember correctly), since I am by myself... but still ... not refundable sucks

When this was booked, you were sent an email explaining your deposit was non refundable after 14 days. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

You haven't forfeited $1300. Its available for another Adventure. Its that way because you requested to cancel your date prior to ABND making any decision. Your only option at that time was parking your deposit.

You have until May 2021 to choose another adventure, You don't have to travel by May 2021, just pick a date. This option can take you into 2023.

I don't know what October will bring, but the negativity is surprising.

i probably should have waited to cancel as i'm betting ABD will cancel.
I would have preferred a refund. Oh well. That was an expensive $1300 lesson (a placeholder that i'm never going to use).

to everyone else on here, i would wait for PIF before making a decision about moving/cancelling.
Give ABD a chance to cancel first so that you can get your money back.

Beth,

Ive gone back and looked at our emails.

This was all explained to you and you mentioned going to japan.

If you were unhappy with your options, writing to me would have been more productive that posting here.

I am concerned that ABD will have a dumbed down money grab

You've mentioned this a couple of times.

Have you experienced this from ABD?

Ive done 29 Adventures and have never had this experience. Never.

Things have been changed and things have not been available, but ABD has always come through.

I would not be concerned about this.....especially enough to mention it more than once.

No one has a $4800 deposit. If you canceled right now and lost your deposit....it would be 10% of the cost of the Adventure. The rest would be refunded

At 10% a $4800 deposit would mean a $48000 trip.

And we have fully sold out two Backstage Magic trips for 2021.
Kevin - thanks for the clarification but let me explain how I got that understanding and offer a few suggestions:

1. The ABD website refund policy says that deposits are non-refundable after 15 days. Maybe they should add some clarifying language to differentiate the initial deposit and subsequent deposits before final payment.
2. The DU website - the reservations screen - shows "Deposits Paid" - maybe separate into "Refundable" and "Non-Refundable" Deposits.
3. The DU final payment reminder - here is the language email:

"As per Disney's policy if you do not pay your balance in full by the balance due date Disney will cancel your vacation automatically and will keep any deposit monies paid to date. Based on this policy if your balance is not paid by the due date above, you will lose the money you’ve paid on this reservation so it is critical that your balance is paid as soon as possible. We hope you understand that this is Disney's policy and not that of Dreams Unlimited Travel. Please also understand that we have no way of extending your balance due date with Disney and/or getting this fee waived so it is imperative that you pay your balance prior to the balance due date."

I was considering all monies paid to date as deposits. May want to add some clarifying language so that future clients clearly understand.

I would add the ABD has handled this horribly - I really feel bad for all the folks that posted their stories on the ABD Forum. ABD should have issued no questions asked refunds in this environment. Instead they are playing chicken with us to either move monies to a future trip or take a loss. I will not take any loss (that I did not cause) and will play ABDs chicken game. ABD has to realize not everyone can make a commitment for a future trip for personal situations. My son is going off to college next year and will be unable to travel during the Halloween timeframe for at least the next 4 years - so moving to a future ABD is not an option. And as many on the ABD Forum have said I may never use ABD again due to their handling of the current trips.

I do appreciate you correcting my misunderstanding but wanted to show how I got that understanding.

Glad you sold out the other 2 ABDs and I hope they are great. The difference in booking now compared to when I booked is that people are aware of the limits. No parades, no fireworks, no character interactions, shorter park hours, no Halloween parties, etc - I just really don't see the value until we have a vaccine or ABD can provide comparable replacement activities/events that justifies the cost.

You've mentioned this a couple of times.

Have you experienced this from ABD?

Ive done 29 Adventures and have never had this experience. Never.

Things have been changed and things have not been available, but ABD has always come through.

I would not be concerned about this.....especially enough to mention it more than once.
I have been on one ABD and the second one is scheduled for October. My experience was overall outstanding (hope you read my trip report) but there was some disappointment with the food options at Carthay and Steakhouse 55. We were not able to order their famous steaks and other menu items even if we paid the difference. On this years trips, ABD has removed Steakhouse 55 and replaced it with a quick service meal. For a $7k trip, this is disappointing. I pointed this out to you last year and you suggested that I book it on my own.

While I hope this trip happens and is the best ABD ever, reality is setting in and I have several recent experiences with Disney doing money grabs. As an example I was able to buy 2 VIP tickets to Destination D a few years ago - was a complete waste of money and it took 5 letters to Iger to get some satisfaction. I posted the story on one of the forums. I have been a huge Disney fan for over 50 years - cruises, DVC, etc - even one year I took my son to WDW over 200 times - and all have been great - but recently Disney has been doing money grabs. I love when Pete goes on his rants about them.

Let me go back to my original question I emailed you "If this ABD happens, will you evaluate it to may sure its worth the value?" I honestly expected a response that you would evaluate the trip if it happens and if its not up to the standards of a Dis Only ABD it will be cancelled. I dont expect you to know details of this ABD in this environment but as our advocate - especially on a DIS Only trip - I do expect you hold ABD to the highest standard and pull the plug if necessary.

As a suggestion, to alleviate concerns and manage expectations, maybe you can call someone high up in the ABD world and ask some specific questions - with 4 months to go they certainly would have a plan on how to replace activities for ABD. And let us know what they say or if they can't say.

Kevin - thanks for the clarification but let me explain how I got that understanding and offer a few suggestions:

1. The ABD website refund policy says that deposits are non-refundable after 15 days. Maybe they should add some clarifying language to differentiate the initial deposit and subsequent deposits before final payment.
2. The DU website - the reservations screen - shows "Deposits Paid" - maybe separate into "Refundable" and "Non-Refundable" Deposits.
3. The DU final payment reminder - here is the language email:

"As per Disney's policy if you do not pay your balance in full by the balance due date Disney will cancel your vacation automatically and will keep any deposit monies paid to date. Based on this policy if your balance is not paid by the due date above, you will lose the money you’ve paid on this reservation so it is critical that your balance is paid as soon as possible. We hope you understand that this is Disney's policy and not that of Dreams Unlimited Travel. Please also understand that we have no way of extending your balance due date with Disney and/or getting this fee waived so it is imperative that you pay your balance prior to the balance due date."

I was considering all monies paid to date as deposits. May want to add some clarifying language so that future clients clearly understand.

I would add the ABD has handled this horribly - I really feel bad for all the folks that posted their stories on the ABD Forum. ABD should have issued no questions asked refunds in this environment. Instead they are playing chicken with us to either move monies to a future trip or take a loss. I will not take any loss (that I did not cause) and will play ABDs chicken game. ABD has to realize not everyone can make a commitment for a future trip for personal situations. My son is going off to college next year and will be unable to travel during the Halloween timeframe for at least the next 4 years - so moving to a future ABD is not an option. And as many on the ABD Forum have said I may never use ABD again due to their handling of the current trips.

I do appreciate you correcting my misunderstanding but wanted to show how I got that understanding.

Glad you sold out the other 2 ABDs and I hope they are great. The difference in booking now compared to when I booked is that people are aware of the limits. No parades, no fireworks, no character interactions, shorter park hours, no Halloween parties, etc - I just really don't see the value until we have a vaccine or ABD can provide comparable replacement activities/events that justifies the cost.
I have been on one ABD and the second one is scheduled for October. My experience was overall outstanding (hope you read my trip report) but there was some disappointment with the food options at Carthay and Steakhouse 55. We were not able to order their famous steaks and other menu items even if we paid the difference. On this years trips, ABD has removed Steakhouse 55 and replaced it with a quick service meal. For a $7k trip, this is disappointing. I pointed this out to you last year and you suggested that I book it on my own.

While I hope this trip happens and is the best ABD ever, reality is setting in and I have several recent experiences with Disney doing money grabs. As an example I was able to buy 2 VIP tickets to Destination D a few years ago - was a complete waste of money and it took 5 letters to Iger to get some satisfaction. I posted the story on one of the forums. I have been a huge Disney fan for over 50 years - cruises, DVC, etc - even one year I took my son to WDW over 200 times - and all have been great - but recently Disney has been doing money grabs. I love when Pete goes on his rants about them.

Let me go back to my original question I emailed you "If this ABD happens, will you evaluate it to may sure its worth the value?" I honestly expected a response that you would evaluate the trip if it happens and if its not up to the standards of a Dis Only ABD it will be cancelled. I dont expect you to know details of this ABD in this environment but as our advocate - especially on a DIS Only trip - I do expect you hold ABD to the highest standard and pull the plug if necessary.

As a suggestion, to alleviate concerns and manage expectations, maybe you can call someone high up in the ABD world and ask some specific questions - with 4 months to go they certainly would have a plan on how to replace activities for ABD. And let us know what they say or if they can't say.

As Im sure you are aware...no one knew what to do with this situation. If you are paying any attention to WDW, you will see that the company is still learning.

As for your deposit. This is the verbiage from the ABD website:

A deposit is required to confirm a reservation, unless the reservation is made on or after the final payment date (as defined below) for the vacation package, in which case full payment is required. The deposit amount will be equal to ten percent (10%) of the vacation package price per Guest (the “Deposit”), not including any optional add-ons. For reservations made 120 calendar days or more prior to the adventure commencement date, the Deposit is refundable for 14 calendar days after original booking and thereafter becomes nonrefundable. For reservations made less than 120 calendar days prior to the adventure commencement date, we will hold your reservation for up to 72 hours (the “Hold Period”) without the Deposit to allow you time to review the Adventure Travel Agreement (see below).

This is the verbiage I send every single client who books ABD

ABD policy states that you have 14 days from booking to cancel for a full refund. After 14 days, your deposit is non refundable.

If there were / are questions, I am always available by email.

As for your worry about a cash grab and holding me (as your advocate) to the highest standard....I am an agent selling a product. I stand by what I sell. I have vast experience.

If you are concerned that Dreams, the DIS or ABD might disappoint you, there are options available to you now in order for you to not have to "play chicken". I can place your 10% deposit in a place holder reservation and have the rest of you interim payments refunded. You would have two years to choose another date. Let me know.

If you are seriously looking for answers as to what may or not be available in October or beyond....Im sorry to add more disappointment on top of what you already have pre-determined. No one can, will or even pretend to have answers to those questions. No one knows what Disney World, Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line will look like in the future.

Disneyland just decided to not reopen at the time. I wouldn't be sur[rised to see WDW follow suit.

As for seeing the value....its truly impossible to satisfy that for you. Its not even possible for me to see whether your trip or any future trips will travel.

It sounds to me like you have decided this trip is doomed. Email and we can discuss options available to you.

Hi All

I am shocked at the tone this thread has taken. I understand and appreciate that folks are worried about this trip and disappointed that we don't have an answer on this trip yet but we are in an unprecedented time. No one could see this coming and no one knows what's going to happen.

For anyone who feels Dreams Unlimited Travel has somehow deceived them please feel free to write to me - John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

I cannot tell you yet if the trip will go and/or what might be available if it does. No one can. I know for a fact if ABD cancels the trip anyone currently booked on it would get a full refund. I also know that if the trip does go ABD will work very hard to give you the best experience possible.

If you're not willing to wait and see what happens you can email Kevin and he will explain your alternatives.

John

Hi All

I am shocked at the tone this thread has taken. I understand and appreciate that folks are worried about this trip and disappointed that we don't have an answer on this trip yet but we are in an unprecedented time. No one could see this coming and no one knows what's going to happen.

For anyone who feels Dreams Unlimited Travel has somehow deceived them please feel free to write to me - John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

I cannot tell you yet if the trip will go and/or what might be available if it does. No one can. I know for a fact if ABD cancels the trip anyone currently booked on it would get a full refund. I also know that if the trip does go ABD will work very hard to give you the best experience possible.

If you're not willing to wait and see what happens you can email Kevin and he will explain your alternatives.

John
unfortunately, i canceled too soon, so if ABD cancels, i won't get my money back because i jumped the gun.
again, my mistake. I knew i couldn't go given corona, so i cancelled. I should have waited.
I probably should have been advised to wait at least until PIF.
But that's my advise to everyone else on here. Wait until PIF to cancel (if you're planning on canceling )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!