Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Becoming a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent - 11/28

We are accepting applications from everyone regardless of where they live and / or residency.
I appreciate the response John. Please note that my intent was not to pry into Tracey's personal life (as it is none of my business), but rather get clarification on my own situation. Your post is exactly what I was hoping to hear, thankyou so much.

I must say this podcast was very well laid out and covered all the expectations and requirements perfectly. My wife (not me) did apply and received a reply back about a week ago, so I think she passed "wave one" of the process? I'm not quite sure as it is her and not me, but the dream of someone (kind of) from here becoming a part of Dreams Unlimited is still alive and well... kind of.

I must say this podcast was very well laid out and covered all the expectations and requirements perfectly. My wife (not me) did apply and received a reply back about a week ago, so I think she passed "wave one" of the process? I'm not quite sure as it is her and not me, but the dream of someone (kind of) from here becoming a part of Dreams Unlimited is still alive and well... kind of.
Best of luck :wizard: to her, let us know!!

That's great. Wish her luck

I didn't get an official "no", but John did email me to say that if they hired me, they'd have to change the name of the company to "Dreams Limited Travel", so I sort of got the hint.

I hope you replied "but we're only limited by our imaginations!", in your best Figment voice

I mean, worst case Kathy would hire you as her personal assistant

By only hiring folks who have traveled a whole bunch, they are drastically limiting their possibility to have even more dedicated hard workers who know just as much as frequent travelers with more experience. Regardless, I am definitely looking to expand my resume as well and will just keep swimming till the next chance comes. With Oliver departing the Dis Unplugged team...you never know! :earboy2:

By only hiring folks who have traveled a whole bunch, they are drastically limiting their possibility to have even more dedicated hard workers who know just as much as frequent travelers with more experience.

I can certainly tell how badly you wanted the job, and I'm sure John and the others appreciate your interest and passion.....but I'm not sure that subtly criticizing their hiring process is the way to go here.

Just trying to be helpful.

I can certainly tell how badly you wanted the job, and I'm sure John and the others appreciate your interest and passion.....but I'm not sure that subtly criticizing their hiring process is the way to go here.

Just trying to be helpful.

No criticizing, I think their choices are thought out and fair. I just was under the impression that they were opening up a little more and were hiring folks who have not had any travel agent expeirence in the past so I thought I had a little bit of a chance. I think their new hires will be amazing for them!!

No criticizing, I think their choices are thought out and fair. I just was under the impression that they were opening up a little more and were hiring folks who have not had any travel agent expeirence in the past so I thought I had a little bit of a chance. I think their new hires will be amazing for them!!
To be fair, not limiting themselves to people with experience as travel agents is not the same thing as preferring people who have had a lot of experience traveling. You seemed to say that you hadn't traveled a ton in the prior post.

Either way ... good luck man. If you want something bad enough to keep after it then there's always a shot.

I have been hesitant to post, but I also got through to the next round and I don't have any prior official 'travel agent' experience. And While I travel pretty much every year, I'm sure my % of trips pales in comparison to other applicants.

While I can't speak for the applicant reviewers, I assume they saw some level of relevant experience in my current career that aligned well enough with that of a travel agent.

Last edited:
I have been hesitant to post, but I also got through to the next round and I don't have any prior official 'travel agent' experience. And While I travel pretty much every year, I'm sure my % of trips pales in comparison to other applicants.

While I can't speak for the applicant reviewers, I assume they saw some level of relevant experience in my current career that aligned well enough with that of a travel agent.
Good luck going forward!

Oh man I didn't realize travel agent experience wasn't a necessity any more. I don't think I'm ready to make the jump but it is something I have been looking into. Just need to start putting away the savings to be able to make it during the first year.

Best of luck to you. We sound like we are in pretty much the same position experience-wise.

car.jpg
Jeffbear
"A great big, beautiful tomorrow!"

I am a sucker for the old rides.
Even the PeopleMover. "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!