Very nicely done, and great information, gang! Tracey - hope you're feeling much better, since you are trying to eat better. I can empathize - I don't have allergies either, but have been struggling last couple of years to stave off Type II Diabetes - so low/no sugar and carbs, and eating "better" fats for triglyceride issues.

Side note - For the last week or so, I have been having issues not being able to watch some videos in Chrome - I can HEAR the videos, just don't SEE anything. I've looked at the settings on YouTube for the ones I can/can't see, and don't see any difference. I can also see all videos just fine with IE. Anyone else have the same problem, or possibly know what the deal is? (Above video is like this, which is what made me think of it - couldn't see it here, nor in my email notification about, nor if I went straight to YoiuTube - all with Chrome. Soon as I went to IE, no prroblem. Weird.

actually, on Royal, when you have a regular dining staff, they're really great for gluten free...

just like your assistant knows to bring you your coke or whatever...

every meal the assistant server brought me the gluten free bread without me saying anything, while he was bringing DH the regular bread...

and the gluten free bread was yummy!!

also, at the quick serve pizza - you just special order gluten free....no problem....takes a little longer, but pretty good.

and on the allure for example, where they have that 24 snack place - you just had to ask, they had gluten free cookies - really good ones..

Last edited:
i disagree with you regarding Disney - the fact that they are so very strict is a very good thing.

When you have a true life-threatening allergy, you really do need that protocol in place.

no one does it better than Disney.

regarding gluten free quick service on DCL - when we were on the Disney Dream in august, our group decided they wanted pizza....

so i went along with them, and just on a whim asked if they perhaps have gluten free pizza.

immediately that guy tracey refers to came up (he happened to be our head waiter).

he wrote down my order and told me it would be brought to me..

so i sat with the rest of the group....not too long later, a large individual pizza was brought to me..

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was THE best pizza i'd ever had....including back in the day when i used to be able to eat 'real' pizza!!

Side note - For the last week or so, I have been having issues not being able to watch some videos in Chrome - I can HEAR the videos, just don't SEE anything. I've looked at the settings on YouTube for the ones I can/can't see, and don't see any difference. I can also see all videos just fine with IE. Anyone else have the same problem, or possibly know what the deal is? (Above video is like this, which is what made me think of it - couldn't see it here, nor in my email notification about, nor if I went straight to YoiuTube - all with Chrome. Soon as I went to IE, no prroblem. Weird.

Been happening even more frequently the last few days.........I can always see the ad BEFORE the video, and HEAR the video, but not SEE it. Bueller? Anybody? :)

Just checked out this episode as I’ll be on Celebrity EDGE in Feb 2019 and was curious about them. I have done DCL and RCCL since going gf due to an allergy.

A couple of things...

1 - Even if it seems they do not know, especially for gluten-free PLEASE notify them. That DOES enter into their ordering and if a lot more people than the self-reports plus a small extra are eating gf they CAN run out of things. Happened on a 12-night Brilliance of the Seas Cruise. Luckily they were able to restock in Venice. But please notify.

2 - Regarding My Time Dining... IF you are willing to make a reservation for the same time each night (I’ve seen a lot - and I myself do it - who do that with a time in between the fixed times) and talk to them on boarding they WILL put you at the same table and team for the cruise so you can develop that relationship and it is NOT a big deal. My RCCL Brilliance Cruise was like three weeks after I had to go gf and my team treated me like a princess and took such good care of me. So it CAN be very easy to do My Time and be gf. You just have to be willing to interpret My Time as a time to eat between two gross fixed times.

3 - Cabanas on DCL (ANY ship) is NOT a huge ordeal. They make it so simple. Do you have to wait a bit? Sure. But you just build that in. And there ARE a lot of options without having to get anyone if cross contamination is not a huge deal.

Just wanted to chime in as someone who has been on a cruise when it was really new and after almost a year and say it is VERY doable and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter