Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: First Impressions of Celebrity Cruises | 09/17/18

Loved this show, thanx all! Especially loved Tracey's "best day ever" comments and laughing, which made me laugh! :) Really appreciated the commentary on the age/style, etc. of the follow cruisers, and ship itself, that would be important to me, so I wouldn't feel intimidated. Have to ask, @DisneyKevin - Do you feel the "dress code" or even general attire of others on the ship was any fancier than other lines, whether just by choice, or how it was enforced (or not)?

Loved this show, thanx all! Especially loved Tracey's "best day ever" comments and laughing, which made me laugh! :) Really appreciated the commentary on the age/style, etc. of the follow cruisers, and ship itself, that would be important to me, so I wouldn't feel intimidated. Have to ask, @DisneyKevin - Do you feel the "dress code" or even general attire of others on the ship was any fancier than other lines, whether just by choice, or how it was enforced (or not)?
I sailed on Celebrity this summer. I felt we saw everything on the spectrum of dress for evenings. Some nights were “cruise chic” (I wore slacks) and other nights were “evening chic” (I wore a “little black dress”. Shoes were flats with “bling”). I did not feel underdressed at all. Certainly, there were people that were really dressed up, but there were just as many people that were not. Hope that helps!

I wouldn’t say people dress up more. From everything I’ve heard from other lines it seems to be similar. From black tie to barely formal.

Celebrity is a line for people that want to relax. I was so nervous before going on my first cruise. Number five is a couple months away. Other than Disney I’m not sure I’d want to try another line because I know what I’d be missing by not being on Celebrity.

I didn't feel there was an oppressive dress code at all. I was perfectly comfortable in cargo shorts/t-shirt/sandals for everywhere except the main dining hall (we didn't opt for any specialty dining on this cruise). For the dining hall, a pair of slacks and a polo/golf shirt and shoes were perfectly adequate. However, on certain nights where there was musical entertainment on the ship (nighttime in the Grand Foyer) and I did feel out of place in the aforementioned shorts/t-shirt.

We are going on a different cruise line after hurricane season is over this year and will be interested in how it compares to Celebrity.

Last edited:
We actually like dressing for dinner. We are the old fashioned type who get a little annoyed that everything has gotten so casual. We feel weird when we dress nicely and the people next to us are in jeans and T-shirts. It takes away from the experience for us. And not just on cruises but at nice restaurants at home too. We’d be happy to see more dress codes enforced.

I didn't feel there was an oppressive dress code at all. I was perfectly comfortable in cargo shorts/t-shirt/sandals for everywhere except the main dining hall (we didn't opt for any specialty dining on this cruise). For the dining hall, a pair of slacks and a polo/golf shirt and shoes were perfectly adequate. However, on certain nights were there was musical entertainment on the ship (nighttime in the Grand Foyer) and I did feel out of place in the aforementioned shorts/t-shirt.

We are going on a different cruise line after hurricane season is over this year and will be interested in how it compares to Celebrity.
Thanx, @hertamaniac !

We actually like dressing for dinner. We are the old fashioned type who get a little annoyed that everything has gotten so casual. We feel weird when we dress nicely and the people next to us are in jeans and T-shirts. It takes away from the experience for us. And not just on cruises but at nice restaurants at home too. We’d be happy to see more dress codes enforced.
I hear ya, @disneysteve , and I never want to take away from anyone else's experience, so on the 1 3-night Disney cruise I was on, I dressed "smart or business casual" equivalent, and ate in the dining rooms, but on the longer NCL cruise I was on, I dressed casual, and took all of my meals either in the buffet, or at the takeout options.

Myself and a group of 9 more friends (10 of us total) sailed the Celebrity Equinox on the very next sailing. One of us had a suite and 4 Aqua class rooms adjoining. I have to say I was BEYOND thrilled with the service. We did have 1 horrible dinner experience but all in all it was amazing. The restaurant manager tracked me down the next day to go over what happened and how they are considering a policy change to prevent the issue in the future and who was all in the meeting (executive chief and other managers)! Talk about good service to deal with a bad situation. (though I am still a bit salty about it lol).

We had 4 more people we knew sailed on the very next Equinox sailing after ours and they too had an amazing time and always where talking about the high quality food and service.

I definitely would sail them again. I am spoiled now.

I haven’t cruised Disney-can’t quite chike down the price yet. We have cruises HAL and Celebrity and enjoyed both a lot. Celebrity was a full boat charter Blues Cruise on the Summit-it was an amazing time, but I have to say that the food on HAL was a cut above. Would do both again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!