Dreams Unlimited v. re-booking onboard

KEH

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="green">The Tag Fai
I have had a quote from DU for October 2004. Does anyone know whether I would get a better rate by waiting to re-book whilst on board, taking into account the on board credit we would get? Or is it better overall to book now because of early booking discounts?

Sorry forgot to say that we are already booked for a cruise in October 2003 so that we could make a re-booking then!

We booked on board for our next cruise for the $200 room credit and a good price. A couple of months later I transfered to DU. They checked my cabin rates, which had gone up, but did give me a $100 credit for transfering/booking with them in addition to my $200 credit for booking onboard.

Hope this helps. We also booked a year in advance.

woody64

When we booked onboard last May (for our Sailing this Saturday) they asked if we wanted to use the same agent (Dreams). We said yes and they booked it for us. We are getting the onboard credit, got the Dreams rebate, and everything was taken care of for us. Simple!

If you booked onboard and want to transfer it to DU, what happens if the cabin rate has gone up? Do you still keep the same price as when you booked onboard? Or in order to get the DU rebate will they have to charge you the new rate?
Thanks!

When you re-book your next cruise on the ship and then transfer the booking to Dreams Unlimited, the reservation is transferred as it was made - price and all! You receive your rebate based on that price.

You may want to consider booking now, to lock in any savings. When you cruise this October, check the on board price and if it is better, book a new cruise. I don't know if they can just transfer your deposit.

Then when you get back you can cancel the first reservation with no penalty & transfer the new one to Dreams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter