Dress code for ABD River cruise dinners

We've done 2 river cruises but not with ABD. We were on Viking for our cruises. The evening meals were not at all dressy.

Same, two different non-ABD river cruises, with two different companies. Not dressy. Nicer than shorts and a t-shirt, but not by much. DH would wear a collared golf shirt, sometimes a button down shirt, with jeans or nice shorts. I'd wear slacks and either a blouse or usually the shirt I was going to wear out touring the next day (performance fabric "t-shirt" solid color) with maybe a scarf thrown over it to dress it up.

We did the Danube with ABD and dinners were not at all dressy. Depending when we got back from excursions there may not have been enough time to change. If there was, it was mostly resort casual. My trip report from that inaugural cruise is here https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-exclusive-danube-river-cruise.3524853/ and while I did not take pictures of myself at dinner, whatever you see me and DH wearing was basically what we may have worn to dinner one night and then on to an excursion the next day or a few days later after a sink wash and dry. We may have swapped shorts for pants/jeans and I may have thrown a decorative shawl or scarf over a sleeveless top.

We've not done the ABD cruises, but we have done a few trips with ABD's provider, AMA Waterways. The vibe is definitely 'nice casual'. While we have seen people on these cruises come to dinner in blue jeans, the vast majority are in the 'slacks and a nice shirt' category. Slip-ons and walking shoes seem to be the go-to for footwear. Truth be told, there were some days when we'd arrive back on board after a long walk or bike ride and 'dressing for dinner' meant 'find something clean'. Remember, this is YOUR vacation, so do what you think is comfortable.

P.S. We used the laundry service on the ship and I recall the cost was reasonable enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter