Drink Drank Not Even Drunk. Updated 5/17

After lunch we headed to the gift shop for one last purchase. Now going into my purchase I knew I wanted something that said AKL and I do love hoodies so I could choose between cream and navy blue. Erin and I both knew I should go with Navy (because I’m one of the most messiest people you will ever meet) but the logo looked so much better on the cream one…so I got the cream one and knew it would probably only last one wear because it got some random stain on it.
I have the navy one and it is my favorite shirt ever! It is my go-to hoodie the minute the weather becomes the slightest bit cool. I wear it all the time. I just couldn't risk the disaster that would become of the cream one if I wore it.

Those security lines at MCO can be brutal(I always seem to pick the longest line). Thanks for another great trip report! I really enjoy reading them!

Sailing Away!

Anthem Of The Seas - April 21-28

A family cruise, my mother wanted to take Gma on a trip somewhere, Gma originally said Hawaii, then California, then Disney world, but all were crossed off when we were told she was unable to fly. So we ended up going with a RC cruise that my mother has been secretly planning for a while since it happened to fall on her birthday.
The day before we set sail, I worked a half day then jumped into a car for 6 hours to drive to New Jersey where the boat was sailing out of. The highlight of the long car ride, my mothers request for Hamilton and my lovely one women show happening in the backseat.
We stayed about a half hour outside of NYC for the night and lounged around for the night.

Day 1: Sailing Away

We drove to cape liberty and its always exciting seeing the ship waiting there.
Getting on the ship is even more exciting. So the big thing on day 1 is just exploring the ship and all it has to offer.

28669955348_abb9eac583.jpg

40734972300_fa289872de.jpg

40734971080_cd7bdfdc74.jpg

I was obsessed with my cabin, I was bunking with my “child” for the week aka Gma so we needed a wheelchair accessible room and the size of the room was not something I am use to when it comes to cruising.

40735062690_f6e1a2aca8.jpg

This is also the day my phone decided to hate me and decide to not take any photos so now I have all these grey photos…such great memories to look back on.
The main thing we checked out of the bionic bar (sounds cool, but overpriced and trying to get hold of an iPad to order was awful)

28669878068_6ef019e702.jpg

And one of the main reasons my mother needed to cruise on this boat was for bumper cars

28669877698_3137cafb42.jpg

Also one weird thing about this cruise was the dining, on all past cruises Ive been on it was either dinner then a show or show then dinner. This was not the case, and in order to see the shows you needed to make a reservation. We did my time dining, which you go whenever you want. Downfall you don’t have the same waiter every night and on a cruise thats the best thing cause they get to know you and your obsession for cheese bread and caesar salad.

Day 2: Sea day

A full day at sea meaning how many activities can you accomplish.
Today was also the day I started running again after practically killing myself a month prior. Kiss decided to join bright and early on the running track and apparently his long legs didn’t help him keep up with me.

28669877328_135b366873.jpg

Today was all about the free drinks. We had a meet and greet from the cruise forum that had drinks and a raffle where Gma won a bottle of win. And later on in the night was the crown and royal party for platinum and higher members. I’m still currently a gold member but thanks to my parents love for cruising and ditching their children we were able to get in…plus some more free drinks.

28669876788_edb0cf0f1f.jpg

28669876158_119a45858d.jpg

Day 3: Port Canaveral

Its DISNEY DAY! It was not a bright and early get off the boat. We didn’t dock until noon, so to get in the Disney mood we went to the showing of Coco in the theater and it was a great movie. thoroughly enjoyed it. Good job pixar.
At 12 we had to be back at the theater for our excursion and to catch our bus to Disney.
Honestly if I didn’t have my AP I would not be doing this excursion because once we actually made it the TTC we had less than 5 hours. So for me I just paid the $30 for the roundtrip transportation.
So around 2 we made it to the MK and the sky wasn’t looking to promising but hey at least I'm at the MK.

42544316181_c7109d7400.jpg

We didn’t have much time to spend so we didn’t waste much time. First up splash mountain because its been down for both my oct and jan trip and I was just ready for it to return back into my life.
Well the rain started before even getting there but it was only a light sprinkle. The group behind us were smart and wore their rain gear and I didn’t even need too worry about the waterfall at the end because at that point the sky opened and it poured hard.

28669875768_89afc4ed75.jpg

41703786495_0d923de890.jpg

The rain also wanted to remind us of the open ceiling to the load unload area, basically we weren’t making it out dry. We headed to the gift shop and tried to wait out the rain. The good thing to come out of this was I got my churro popcorn.
And just like every good florida storm, it past within minutes and it was blue sky and thunder mountain. After the wildest ride I wanted a waffle from sleepy hallow, so kiss and I shared that before we headed over to tomorrowland

28669875618_b67020d8cf.jpg

And since the crowds for FoF were a thing we took the long back way to tomorrowland. Also because I needed to go to Big Top shop for the new parks crew as well as the teal toy story band. Then as we walked from storybook circus to tomorrowland we saw them started to clear the land for Tron.
Last thing before we left was get on people mover and use our last FP for space mountain.

40797500290_d9da6f1163.jpg

It was about 4:30ish now so we still had time to kill, so we said goodbye to MK and headed over to the Poly.

40734973350_7186b11871.jpg

I ran for the boat because I love the boats. It always reminds me of the Mickey Fun Songs: Camp out at Disney world AKA my childhood in a VHS tape. First stop was the Gflo and as we waited I told Kiss how one of the singers from McFly was staying there (aka one of my favorite bands, I actually only know 1 other person who knows / likes them since they are a UK band)
We made it to the Poly short after. First stop was to captain cooks, the nachos are my favorite quick service meal on property so obviously it was a need before we left. With nachos in hand we decided to try out the patio for trader sam’s.
My thoughts: If you are looking for quick service and in a rush, the patio is for you. I didn’t hate it like I thought I would. We didn’t have to fight for a seat although I did miss the antics. But on the plus side you can eat your captain cooks food outside.
Pork Nachos and a Krakatoa is the best meal

40734972820_9a308e49c9.jpg

We were very use to the slow service inside so the quick pass got us good and we almost ordered 3 drinks but stopped at two. Side note the Mosquito Mojito is great.
I ordered the zombie to go and we walked around the resort to kill time.

41886724284_125bb3fccc.jpg

we walked around, browsed the gift shops and somehow found ourselves at the Tambu lounge. What can I saw I’m a sucker for tropical drinks and a tropical macaw was calling me.
Even after all the time we spent at the poly we still had time to kill so we headed over to the Gflo for the sole purpose of Basin. Then we hung out in the lobby and listened to the band

40734968420_554ab6cf25.jpg

We decided to head back to the TTC around 6:15ish so we didn’t miss our bus back to port canaveral. It was a quiet ride back to port and I was ready to pass out.
We made it back to the boat and sailed off to the Bahamas

40734968320_62a167aa1a.jpg

You got a lot accomplished in a short time. :thumbsup2 I agree that if you didn't have an annual pass it definitely wouldn't be worth it.

Just wanted to say, I found your CP trip report a few years ago. Came on today to find a fun report because I’m missing WDW and happened on yours by accident (catchy title!) After seeing all your pics, I was like... this girl looks like the girl from the CP trip report I read. I am now hooked. It’s like reading fan fiction - where you can’t stop because you don’t know what is coming up next! I’ve already started to cycle through your past reports.... just wanted you to know that you have a fan here in NC!

I just have to ask - where in NY are you from?! I saw on the RnR poster it said Lancaster but sometimes those aren't correct :)

I'm from Buffalo!!

So nice that even though you were on a RC cruise, you got to spend some time at MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!