Drink Packages Worth It?

5 day Drink Package value.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I take it you mean the 18% gratuity tacked on when you purchase the package? Yeah I guess that could be construed as savings.

FYI Day 4, just got back in from Cozumel and they’re advertising the drink card. 10 for $79 (+ 18%). Considering getting it.
I'd get it. $8 a drink is a fair price ig. How many days do you have left?

The drink package can be worth it. Just remember if you try to cheat the system and steal by sharing it that the company may not lose out but
1) The drink package prices go up
2) People who only needed one package in a stateroom now have to buy one for every adult.
3) Bartenders who work hard end up losing out on gratuities that come with the packages.

Please be honest and don't steal it affects quite a few people.

The drink package can be worth it. Just remember if you try to cheat the system and steal by sharing it that the company may not lose out but
1) The drink package prices go up
2) People who only needed one package in a stateroom now have to buy one for every adult.
3) Bartenders who work hard end up losing out on gratuities that come with the packages.

Please be honest and don't steal it affects quite a few people.

Exactly. You just pay more in the end.

You can get around this by calling in and pleading your case.

I did call. Spouse still needed to buy the refreshment package (sodas). That was fine, but still don't appreciate where this is headed.

Last edited:
Definitely worth it because of the automatic gratuity.

I take it you mean the 18% gratuity tacked on when you purchase the package? Yeah I guess that could be construed as savings.

Actually there is an 18% gratuity added to all beverage purchases made on board. RCL states that in the day 1 cruise compass. Over the course of a cruise that additional cost can add up.

Yes, I’m well aware of that. The savings on the gratuity would occur once you hit the break even point on your drinks.

You cannot get into that Diamond Lounge unless you are Diamond level. It will be marked on your Sea Pass. He cannot take guests in, my in-laws have tried. Now he may have. Access to a certain number of free drink each day at any bar, but selections are limited.

-Bloody Mary or a specialty coffee at breakfast
-bottled water in our bags for our excursions
-a drink or two after returning to the ship to unwind
-glass of wine at dinner
-a drink or two after dinner
-bottled water for the room

This is pretty much what we do. We usually have a couple shots of Baileys in our coffee. Mimosas with the fresh squeezed juice are a treat. A couple of drinks throughout the day along with bottle water and wine with dinner and we have come out ahead. We have fresh squeezed orange juice every morning.

Last edited:
We were on the Oasis a couple of weeks ago and did the deluxe drink package. We went back and forth when booking whether to buy it or not but I nabbed it when it was $47/day. We LOVED it. DH generally has 1-2 glasses if wine with dinner and I generally have one so we factored that in when making our decision. It was fun to try new things (great martinis at the Champagne Bar!). We loved the fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast and I love Chai Tea and averaged 1-2 a day. We got bottled water several times a day. We didn't use the included beverage cups for soda but once or twice. I just didn't want to carry them around. We got our dd the refreshment package and she loved the non alcoholic pina coladas. We would do it again.

You all convinced me to get the deluxe drink package for my upcoming cruise. Can you let me know where you can get the Chai Tea that is included?

You all convinced me to get the deluxe drink package for my upcoming cruise. Can you let me know where you can get the Chai Tea that is included?

On the Oasis I got Chai Latte at Cafe Promenade. They had a few coffee options as well but I don't drink coffee. But they looked good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!