Drinks package

jamdonnut

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to get soda package for the kids without getting a drinks package for the adults? Or vice versa? Also if you but the adults drink package do you get the soda cups?
Trying to work out the best packages to buy as me and husband don't drink soda but kids don't drink loads of it either, please don't shoot me for saying it but could we buy adults package and the kids use our soda cups?
Thanks Donna

Is it possible to get soda package for the kids without getting a drinks package for the adults? Or vice versa? Also if you but the adults drink package do you get the soda cups?
I believe the requirement to buy another package applies to the unlimited only, and it applies to all the other adults in the cabin only, not the kids. You *should* get a cup for the freestyle machine with the unlimited package, but I can't verify that as I've not gotten the drinks package before.

Trying to work out the best packages to buy as me and husband don't drink soda but kids don't drink loads of it either, please don't shoot me for saying it but could we buy adults package and the kids use our soda cups?
According to the rules, you are not supposed to. With that said, the freestyle machines are not monitored and the primary concern is that people are trying to cheap out on overpriced alcoholic and specialty drinks and by "splitting" the package. Still, it's technically not legal and you could get in trouble for it.

Now, with THAT said, if your kids were to, say, do you a solid and get some sodas for you from the freestyle machine, I don't foresee there being an issue with that.

No one has to buy the soda pkg. I think your talking about the alcohol pkg, all adults in room must buy.. not just one

There is free lemonade, ice tea, water and I think kids get milk at sit downs, as well as tea, coffee .. when ur sitting/eating. And water thingies for anyone that wants are near bars etc to take.. free
If u need bottled water (versus tap type served) u can bring 12 aboard per stateroom ( OE 12 soda) . or buy one pkg.
I bought one and Always grabbed 2 bottles water and shared. You won’t get more than two
Yes, people share.. tho not supposed too
Have a great cruise

There were such long lines and not many of those freestyle soda machines available. I got Cup included in my drink pkg.. I did not do alcohol.. I think mine was specialty. I never even used the cup. Just wanted bottled water.

I believe the requirement to buy another package applies to the unlimited only, and it applies to all the other adults in the cabin only, not the kids. You *should* get a cup for the freestyle machine with the unlimited package, but I can't verify that as I've not gotten the drinks package before.

According to the rules, you are not supposed to. With that said, the freestyle machines are not monitored and the primary concern is that people are trying to cheap out on overpriced alcoholic and specialty drinks and by "splitting" the package. Still, it's technically not legal and you could get in trouble for it.

Now, with THAT said, if your kids were to, say, do you a solid and get some sodas for you from the freestyle machine, I don't foresee there being an issue with that.
Thanks very much!

No one has to buy the soda pkg. I think your talking about the alcohol pkg, all adults in room must buy.. not just one

There is free lemonade, ice tea, water and I think kids get milk at sit downs, as well as tea, coffee .. when ur sitting/eating. And water thingies for anyone that wants are near bars etc to take.. free
If u need bottled water (versus tap type served) u can bring 12 aboard per stateroom ( OE 12 soda) . or buy one pkg.
I bought one and Always grabbed 2 bottles water and shared. You won’t get more than two
Yes, people share.. tho not supposed too
Have a great cruise
Thanks very much!

We got soda cups with our drinks package, the guy who sold it said give the cup to your daughter, she could have used it, but she doesn’t drink soda!

We did got her the occasional milk shakes from Johnny Rockets on our card. Apparently for alcohol we were told there’s a 15 min window before you can purchase another. (No good for shots!) This doesn’t apply to soft drinks, so kids could each have a cup.

No queues when we were there.

I

Thanks Donna

Don't take my words for it, but I heard that if you get caught sharing a package, they will remove your package from you and keep the money. (I'm not joking, I definitely heard that.)

Apparently for alcohol we were told there’s a 15 min window before you can purchase another. (No good for shots!)
A 15 minute alcohol window is honestly a good general policy outside of doing shots. You can still get hammered fairly quickly despite that interval, but it might stop a few people from overindulging on Day 1.

We got soda cups with our drinks package, the guy who sold it said give the cup to your daughter, she could have used it, but she doesn’t drink soda!

We did got her the occasional milk shakes from Johnny Rockets on our card. Apparently for alcohol we were told there’s a 15 min window before you can purchase another. (No good for shots!) This doesn’t apply to soft drinks, so kids could each have a cup.

No queues when we were there.

I
Thanks very much!

but can we buy just soda package ?
we don’t do anything else than soda
how much per person per day ?
and if you take the package can you get a soda at lunch or dinner without paying ( since you bought the package
thanks

and if you take the package can you get a soda at lunch or dinner without paying ( since you bought the package
thanks

They have a soda package (they give you a cup and you can get soft drinks from those coca-cola machines that has up to 84 different flavors and you can get sodas anywhere you want) , they have a refreshment packages (including all the sodas, juices, smoothies and coffees) and they have a specialty coffee card as well.

Prices may vary per sailing but every couple of months they have "pre-cruise sales" and you can sometimes re-shop the package for a better price.

thanks

Yes, but buy it in advance bc they charge more onboard. Check the prices in your cruise planner online. The cost varies by sailing and will fluctuate a bit over time. DD's for this summer was $7.99/day on their Black Friday sale. She can use the cup or show her card to get a soda in the restaurants.

We got our soda package for our February cruise during the Black Friday sale and paid $6.50 per day. Also the freestyle machine has more than just soda - powerade and flavored waters.

My DH always gets the soda only package. I don't get one at all......just make my own iced tea

I used to use cruises as a way to detox from all the carbonated beverages I had at work. I don't drink much anymore, so I don't really even think about the soda package.

I used to use cruises as a way to detox from all the carbonated beverages I had at work. I don't drink much anymore, so I don't really even think about the soda package.

On our Mariner cruise, we had the Coca-Cola bottle. We used it 2 or 3 times... Did not take the soda package on our last cruise. I bought one soft drink during the whole cruise. There are so many included choices, I never felt the need to buy any other non-alcoholic drink.

We were on the Adventure OTS my 77yr old father got the non-alcoholic beverage package that included bottled water and fresh juice. The rest of us are not soda drinkers. But purchased anywhere from 1 to 2 alcoholic drinks a day. Purchase two cases of water for delivery to the room. I would fill my father’s soda cup and deliver it to him. Of the five of us, in a six person room, only one person ordered and was charged for a drink package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter