Drive or Disney Transportation?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We will be at Ft Wilderness with our (by then) 34 month old granddaughter 11/22-28. How do you recommend we get to the parks? Are the lines for the boat long in the morning? If we drive to the TTC we will take the ferry to the park. (We’re avoiding indoor stuff when possible right now) We’ll have a stroller.

We have these parks booked:
11/22 Epcot
(We won’t get to the park until mid afternoon, I’m thinking drive.)
11/23 Magic Kingdom
11/24 Animal Kingdom
11/25 Hollywood Studios (Will probably cancel in favor of SeaWorld)
11/26 Animal Kingdom
11/27 Magic Kingdom

DH and I usually rely solely on Disney transportation but I’m thinking with COVID and a toddler driving might work better.

Thanks!

We just returned, and Disney transportation is ok. The buses have seating for up to 7 parties. Which means you could have to wait more. The boats from the Fort to MK only hold half as many so it can take up to 4 boats to clear the dock in the morning. Be aware that the TTC ferry is also running reduced capacity so that may not be much better as that is all the outside people also. With Magic bands park parking is free, so driving may not be so bad.

I took the ferry to mk, and drove to the others. But i was going early, and we wanted to do most of the rides. Depending upon how hot or cool it is may effect your desition. I went early nov last year and it was hot and humid. I was happy to get into my truck for the ac and and ice cold water from the cooler I had in there.

We just returned from the Fort Saturday. We normally leave the truck parked and use Disney transportation. This trip, at check in, the CM strongly recommended driving to all the parks (and DS) due to limited seating on the buses and boats. First time I have eve heard a Disney representative advocating against Disney transportation.

We took the boat to MK. The boats are at about half of the seating capacity. We just made it on as the last 2 people on one trip. During busy times (mornings and near park closure) I heard reports of people having to wait for a second boat. Same for people using the buses. DS took the bus ahead of us and had to wait a couple of times for a 2nd bus to come.

During Covid impacted times, if you have a vehicle, I would recommend driving.

As for the dually thing, I always am told to take 2 spaces. I haven't been directed to the front row though. That would have been nice. Last week at Epcot, I was directed to the literally last 2 spots on the furthest out row while the cars were parked much closer to the entrance. Normally, I just follow the cars in front of me an they say to take 2 spaces next to the car ahead of me.

On an interesting Covid related parking item. We arrived most days to the parks before opening time. The CMs were directing cars to every other space. In the afternoon, the spaces between the cars were now filled in. It seems to maintain social distancing for people arriving, they initially leave the spaces between open. Later, once the first wave of people have moved on, they fill in the open spaces allowing those people to have appropriate distance between them. Another example of Disney thinking through creative ways to assure social distancing.

j

Be advised if you're driving to Disney Studios and are wanting to get a boarding pass for Rise of The Resistance, they only open the parking lot one hour prior to opening and a substantial line builds to the point if you're not there early enough you can have a significant wait to get parked, get in and be in the park in time for the lottery. I hit the exit ramp one morning I was there in September at 17 after the hour before opening and didn't make it inside the park in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts