Driving from NJ to Disney!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to drive from Florida to NJ in 12 hours.

Unless you are a cop and can flash a badge everytime you get pulled over for speeding.

Washington DC, Richmond, Jacksonville, i4. (all wild cards in the equation)

This.. NJ to Florida is an extremely long drive.. Not to mention, if you realistically factor in gas expense, vehicle mileage, tolls, stops for meals, overnight accomodations, etc.. it ends up costing the same if not more than just flying there.

This.. NJ to Florida is an extremely long drive.. Not to mention, if you realistically factor in gas expense, vehicle mileage, tolls, stops for meals, overnight accomodations, etc.. it ends up costing the same if not more than just flying there.

That depends on how many people are going. To pay for flights for my family of 5 is much more expensive than driving.

Yes I'm finding the same for my family of 4 especially when you factor in car rental too

Same here! For our family of 4 I have not found anything costing less than $1200 Cheaper for us to drive! Plus, my hubby hates to fly. I would much rather fly. Not looking forward to the long drive at all!!!

Just us two that are going, really doesn't matter to me how long it takes to get there. It is really expensive to fly on Thanksgiving though so that is another reason we are driving. Also we could pack our own stuff and everything. As long as we get there by 2pm Thanksgiving day we are golden.

Anyone on here ever stay at POP? Only stayed at Music the one time we went last year. Also, off topic but what are some things we could do without going to a park? Maybe pool?

Anyone on here ever stay at POP? Only stayed at Music the one time we went last year. Also, off topic but what are some things we could do without going to a park? Maybe pool?
I have stayed at POP once many years ago, I think maybe 2007. It was just as good as the other Value Resorts. The rooms have all been refurbished now so that is a huge bonus for you!

Pool, Disney Springs, Resort Hop....lots of nice Christmas displays at most of the resorts at that time of year!

Yeah, def hope its not too cold to swim! wonder if the pools are heated? And awesome, was hoping all the decorations would be up then! Any favorite resorts to browse? heard one has a giant gingerbread house on display.

Yes! We have stayed at Pop I think 4 times. It’s our favorite value. We usually request 50s section as it seems close to everything (bus stops, food) and also has a nearby parking lot.

Disney Springs is a good place to go. We also love resort hopping. Monorail loop resorts are great, and don’t miss Animal kingdom lodge!

Yes! We have stayed at Pop I think 4 times. It’s our favorite value. We usually request 50s section as it seems close to everything (bus stops, food) and also has a nearby parking lot.

Disney Springs is a good place to go. We also love resort hopping. Monorail loop resorts are great, and don’t miss Animal kingdom lodge!

Awesome! Do you know if pools have heat lol? I will def request 50s even though wouldnt be mad with 90s since I am a 90s kid! Not sure if it has theming of each years or not! Totally forgot we could take the monorail and hop on and off at the resorts there!

Awesome! Do you know if pools have heat lol? I will def request 50s even though wouldnt be mad with 90s since I am a 90s kid! Not sure if it has theming of each years or not! Totally forgot we could take the monorail and hop on and off at the resorts there!

Yes the pools are all heated. We have gone in November and enjoyed the pools. (Getting OUT of the pool at that time isn’t as enjoyable tho!)

Yeah, def hope its not too cold to swim! wonder if the pools are heated? And awesome, was hoping all the decorations would be up then! Any favorite resorts to browse? heard one has a giant gingerbread house on display.
The giant gingerbread house is at the Grand Floridian.

Speaking of flights. Last year I travelled same time and for a short time Southwest was flying MCO to PHL for $29 Wanna Get Away (Nov/Dec 2017). Have to constantly check their prices since they go up and down daily.
Havent seen same discounts this year but they do appear sometimes.

Covering the NJ-to-WDW route since 2006 on the "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" thread. Over 1,000,00 views. You live in NJ, you qualify for mileage.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Covering the NJ-to-WDW route since 2006 on the "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" thread. Over 1,000,00 views. You live in NJ, you qualify for mileage.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Don’t listen to him, he’s a Floridian!

NCDOT website says all of I-95 in NC is now open:

RALEIGH – Interstate 95 through North Carolina is now reopened to all traffic, Governor Roy Cooper announced Sunday night.

Floodwaters that covered the interstate following Hurricane Florence receded quicker than expected, allowing the N.C. Department of Transportation to complete the inspections and repairs needed to reopen the road.

https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2018/2018-09-23-interstate-95-reopens.aspx

We drive down from NY (actually our next trip is 9/21) and we break it into two days. On Friday we are leaving at 4am (we’re from the city area) and completely bypass the morning traffic. By the time we get to DC we’ve missed the traffic down there and it’s usually smooth sailing down I-95 from there. The only traffic we hit is usually from road work or an accident, not from congestion. We stop in South Carolina for the night around 6:00 - usually after about eleven or twelve total driving hours. Then the next day we’re off at 8 and driving right into Disney around 1:30.

I'm planning on doing this drive from NY in February, leaving around 4 or 5am Friday morning, but was going to try to make it to Savannah the first night. Can I ask where you stayed in South Carolina and was it good? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter