Driving myself nuts with worry.

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
I’m so glad I have an appointment with a new therapist on Tuesday, because I definitely need someone to talk to.

Long story short, my 7 month old was hospitalized overnight for RSV. He is much better now, but the doctor said he is at risk for the next 3 months.

I’ve dealt with anxiety my whole life, and I think I’m dealing with a roaring case of postpartum anxiety. I want to keep my son in a bubble, away from all germs. I want to pull him out of daycare, which isn’t an option. My heart races every time he sneezes or spits up. I’m a nervous wreck and have it in my head he is going to be hospitalized again.

I know it’s the anxiety talking, but I’m so stuck in my own head it is hard to enjoy the holidays. I just want both of my children to be healthy and ok!

I’m glad your son is doing much better .

I would think your feelings are normal considering your anxiety . Don’t be too hard on yourself . Glad you have an appt coming up. Let us know how it goes . Giant hugs

This post actually helps me understand my wife a little better. She also has anxiety and also goes crazy over our kid's health. Myself taking the lead on these issues seems to help. Lately she was going crazy over my son's skin which was having very bad reactions to something. She drives herself and everyone nuts calling the doctor and trying a whole bunch of different things at once. I decided to take over, I tried one thing that seemed to work, I was consistent and did not make a big deal. A week later he's as good as new. Perhaps someone can fill in in a similar way.

Or perhaps I'm being the typical guy with a "let me fix it" approach.

Please know you are not alone. Even thought you dont know us we are all there for you. And at some point someone here has gone through the exact thing you are having issues with at that moment. The thing that helped me was educating myself on germs healthy and unheathy.
I think they say the more you know. You cant be scared of something you know everything anout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!