Driving PCB, Fla to WDW

dandave

The more I travel, the more I appreciate coming ho
Hi! I do hope that I have chosen the correct board to ask this question. I have always been to WDW from Statesboro, GA. At the end of June I moved to Panama City Beach, FL. I will be driving to WDW by myself on Thursday morning. It's my first time to WDW from here, and I've never been without DH who usually drives. (With my guidance, of course! LOL!)
Anyway, I looked at the Atlas today. I know that I should take 231 up to 10. Then 10 to 75. I'm somewhat confused after that!! Has anyone travelled down 75 towards WDW? *Any* help would be most appreciated!! Thanks, Angela

I-75 South to the Florida Turnpike (Sunshine Parkway/Ronald Ragon Parkway depending on the age of your map) then follow the signs. Your about an hour or so out when you reach Ocala.

You are correct to take the I-10 and resisting the urge to go across country on a more direct route to Orlando.

Matt

Matt, Thank you so much for the info! Cross your fingers for me, please! ;)

On my map it shows there are toll places on the turnpike. Does anyone know how much these are, so that I can be ready for them?

Also, I just want to make sure... I'm going to be taking the turnpike to get to 4, correct? That sounds funny. I guess what I'm asking is if I will exit the turnpike at 4.

I have the same questions as Dandave, so I hope someone has the answers! We'll be driving I-75 South. So we get off on Florida Turnpike and then I-4, right? And how much toll money/how many toll booths will that be on Florida Turnpike?

Thanks!

Kaycee

Hi Kaycee! If we don't get a reply, I'll be sure to post when I get back. I may get lost, but eventually I'll be back with some info for you! ;)

Have never come south on I 75 but coming FROM the south (driving north), we take 75 directly to 4 just north of Tampa and never get on the turnpike.

Angela,

Woo hoo! Today's the day! Have a magical "sister" time!

Kaycee

Hi Kaycee! First off, there are gas stations on the turnpike, and the prices looked similar to those on 75. I wasn't sure about this, so I made certain I got gas before I got on the pike. There are signs telling how many miles to get on 4 in Orlando. The first toll was $2. I kept driving and saw a sign that said 8 miles to 4. BUT, just a few more miles and there was a sign saying exit to Orlando to my right and the left just said Miami. I panicked, and took this exit. It was exit 408. This toll was, I believe, 50cents. I asked the toll guy if I had taken the wrong exit to get to WDW. He said, "Yes and no". He told me to just keep going and I would hit 4, and then take 4 West. One more toll of 75 cents, and I was on 4 headed straight for WL. You take exit 64B to get to the lodge. Go through the MK entrance (just tell them you're going to the WL), stay to the far right, and make a right at the first stop light.

Coming back, I had to take my sisters to 4. There had been signs leaving WDW where I could have exited to get to the pike, but I wanted to make sure I got them off to a good start. I did finally find an exit to the pike just past Universal Blvd, if I remember correctly. (I had to exit here to tell them to stop following me, before we got back on 4... LOL! ) The toll to get on the pike was 50 cents. Then I had to pay one last time at the original $2 toll booth. That was it. The pike ran me right back onto 75.

I hope that helps!! You have a wonderful, safe trip! :)

I have taken the turnpike from I-75 all the way to I-4 and have also taken the turnpike from I-75 to Hwy 27 south then 192 east. If you will be arriving or leaving during a busy time for I-4, you may want to use 192 and 27. Mileage is actually shorter on this route and it seemed pretty quick.

Thanks, DanDave!:Pinkbounc

And thank you too, drogerstn!:bounce:

It sounds like we have several options. As long as we end up in the World, I guess it's ALL good!

Kaycee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter