"Driving straight through" experiences

Haven't done an over-nighter, but have done 11 hour trip straight through...

As others mentioned, the DVD players are worth their price and then some!!! Actually, now they're much cheaper than what we paid for ours about 6 years ago, but we never leave home without it. (We have the detachable ones that go on the back of front row seats.) I believe you can also attach games to them, but never done that before.

Anyhow, but a good tip is to get some Disney movies they've never seen and/or ones that help explain something in the parks. (On our last trip we looked for "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" so they'd understand that part of the park. I know Captain EO is going on right now, but I think they still have the walk-through HISTK playground, right?) Well, you get my point...:) Also, Disney music on CD is great to sing along with if they're young enough and you're aching to become that one step closer to being 'certifiable'.;) Seriously though, Veggie Tales have some fun to sing along with songs too...Again, I have no idea how young yours are... Oh and headphones are a must for when you want to listen to the stereo, etc. We just switch the radio to where all sound is only coming out of the front speakers and we can't hear their movie/they can't hear our music so it works out great.

My hubby and I will also talk about previous trips we made and try to remember as many details as we can....."Do you remember when we were driving in Florida, near Destin, and tried those Bertie Bots any flavor jelly beans?" "Yeah and I got the 'vomit' one and had to pull over because we were laughing so hard and I was gagging at the same time?!" etc....(That really happened.) That helps pass the time A LOT...:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter