Dudley Do-Wrong

GatorChris

Not of This World
Have you ever looked at the Dudley Do-Right Rip Saw Falls and thought, "That looks fun!" Yeah, we did, too! But I have to put this warning out. We got totally screwed on this ride. Yes, it is fun and witty. Yes, the drop is great. But if you watch the youtube videos, you'll see right before the drop a curtain of water that falls on the track as you go up. On ALL the videos, the water curtain parts as you get to it. But last week, it didn't part for us. We got crazy soaked, drenched, deluged, etc. And everyone we saw getting off that day was completely wet, too. We're not talking Splash Mt, or even the water you get on Jurassic Park. We're talking every article of clothing is wet COMPLETELY.

The bad part is it ruined my daughter's iPhone. Of course, Universal said they took no responsibility for it. But man, if the operator isn't going to part the water curtain, this ride should have lockers for our stuff.

Just a fair warning to you all. If you go there and people look wet getting off, that's ok. If people looked like they just jumped in the pool, keeping walking no matter how hot you are.

Ugh. Sorry about the phone. That sucks. I once ruined a phone on a water ride when my Lifeproof case failed me. They also don't cover a damaged phone.

I have to say though that we expected to get soaked on the ride. The description online on their website tells you that you will get soaked. The title for the ride description is "Plan To Get Very, Very Wet." They even warn you to "dress to get wet."

I can’t say this for certain, but I have noticed sometimes it parts and sometimes it doesn’t. I honestly wonder if it is temperature based. When we have gone in cooler temps, 60s, I don’t remember ever getting soaked.

Sorry your DDs phone was ruined...

We left everything but masks (baggies to store them in), and lanyards in our hotel room when planning water rides. The curtain didn't "open" for us either. I believe that was Tuesday.

We too were completely 100% soaked after riding the 3 wet rides at IOA. Thankfully it was 90 degrees and felt quite refreshing. Walked back to RPR and changed into our swimsuits for some pool time.

The ride channel also rebounds the waves so they cascade into the log. You will be soaked, no doubt about it.

They have lockers available. You just have to pay for them.

Not sure why you would expect Universal to pay for a phone you intentionally brought on a straight-up water ride...

Yep, I have been soaked on all 3 rides. Why I bring a dry bag for my phone and lanyard. Wear a bathing suit and quick dry shirt and short over it, and flip flops, when I go on them, then hit the pool on my way back to the room, to clean up and change clothes and bag.

I am sorry phone was water logged and dead. I have a life proof case on mine, but I still put it in the dry bag I take.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's phone. That sucks.

I always watch people coming off of a water ride before I even consider getting on. I don't mind a few splashes, but I hate getting soaked.

I`m sorry about your daughters phone, but I agree with previous poster, not Universal`s responsibility.

It`s a water ride and we have always come off that ride drenched and not by the water curtain. There are lockers outside this ride. You just pay for those one I believe. But, you will always get soaked on that ride by it`s very nature. That`s one of the reasons we love it.

We usually set aside an afternoon to do all the water rides together and don`t take anything with us...no cameras or phones.

Yep, I have been soaked on all 3 rides. Why I bring a dry bag for my phone and lanyard. Wear a bathing suit and quick dry shirt and short over it, and flip flops, when I go on them, then hit the pool on my way back to the room, to clean up and change clothes and bag.

I am sorry phone was water logged and dead. I have a life proof case on mine, but I still put it in the dry bag I take.
Great info to share
Wet bags / proof case prevent destroying your phone

90% of the time you will get drenched on this ride regardless of the water curtain.

Jurassic Park...youre going to get a little wet, you could get very wet 5050

Dudley Do Right. You will get very wet and you may get drenched.

Blutos. You will come off looking like you jumped in a pool followed by a waterfall and then jumped in a lake on a day where a monsoon rolled in.

90% of the time you will get drenched on this ride regardless of the water curtain.

Blutos. You will come off looking like you jumped in a pool followed by a waterfall and then jumped in a lake on a day where a monsoon rolled in.

This is why we pick a water day, and everyone wears a bathing suit / rashguard / water sandals to the park that day. We do water rides after we do the rest of what we want to do, then head to the car and back to the condo for showers and food.

One time we were riding Blutos, wearing our usual swim shorts, swim shirts and flip-flops, and a group of four women got on the boat with us. They were dressed pretty smartly for a theme park, with nice shoes, plus they had carefully applied make-up and salon hairdos. I quickly warned them about the water before they buckled in, when they still had time to bail. They politely said it's okay. I did convince them to put their cameras and phones in the covered console and to keep their feet up on the bar. Sure enough, they had a huge wave of water hit them from behind--one of those ones you don't see coming at all. They were soaked, right from the start. They had great attitudes about it though, and seemed to still have fun. I saw them beeline to the towel kiosk afterwards.

OP, sorry about your DD's phone. I've been soaked to varying degrees on Dudley. The worst part of that ride for me is getting in and out. I consider myself fairly limber, but something about those logs just don't fit me.

This was our first time riding Blutos this year and this is super accurate! I got wetter on that ride than most waterslides at Volcano Bay 😄 I offered my own family ponchos, they did not take me up on the offer, but I did see someone mention about putting shoes up in that middle compartment and I'm glad I did! However, it is now my favorite all time water ride, super fun!

This was our first time riding Blutos this year and this is super accurate! I got wetter on that ride than most waterslides at Volcano Bay 😄 I offered my own family ponchos, they did not take me up on the offer, but I did see someone mention about putting shoes up in that middle compartment and I'm glad I did! However, it is now my favorite all time water ride, super fun!

I will never forget the time people saw me quickly move to put my shoes and socks in the middle when the team member left and they wondered why.

Have you ever looked at the Dudley Do-Right Rip Saw Falls and thought, "That looks fun!" Yeah, we did, too! But I have to put this warning out. We got totally screwed on this ride. Yes, it is fun and witty. Yes, the drop is great. But if you watch the youtube videos, you'll see right before the drop a curtain of water that falls on the track as you go up. On ALL the videos, the water curtain parts as you get to it. But last week, it didn't part for us. We got crazy soaked, drenched, deluged, etc. And everyone we saw getting off that day was completely wet, too. We're not talking Splash Mt, or even the water you get on Jurassic Park. We're talking every article of clothing is wet COMPLETELY.

The bad part is it ruined my daughter's iPhone. Of course, Universal said they took no responsibility for it. But man, if the operator isn't going to part the water curtain, this ride should have lockers for our stuff.

Just a fair warning to you all. If you go there and people look wet getting off, that's ok. If people looked like they just jumped in the pool, keeping walking no matter how hot you are.

There are plenty of warnings before getting on the ride that you will get very wet. You can always ask the TMs if you're unsure of things.

I will say that one's chances of getting "soaked" vs. just a little wet is much more variable on the Dudley Log ride versus say Popeye and Bluto's where it is very rare to get through without getting wet. But as mentioned, Dudley's is a "water" ride. So getting wet/soaked is always a possibility.

I will say though that in the past, I have been soaked the most on this ride at the very end where people can use the coin operated water guns. I've come through the log ride almost dry before only to get soaked by watchers using those water guns. Though right now, those water guns (both at Dudley's and Popeye/Bluto's) have been taken out of use. Don't know if that is a temporary thing (i.e to work on them, due to Covid or something else), but you won't get wet from those right now. :( Hopefully they will be operational come next Spring/Summer.

I will say that one's chances of getting "soaked" vs. just a little wet is much more variable on the Dudley Log ride versus say Popeye and Bluto's where it is very rare to get through without getting wet. But as mentioned, Dudley's is a "water" ride. So getting wet/soaked is always a possibility.

I will say though that in the past, I have been soaked the most on this ride at the very end where people can use the coin operated water guns. I've come through the log ride almost dry before only to get soaked by watchers using those water guns. Though right now, those water guns (both at Dudley's and Popeye/Bluto's) have been taken out of use. Don't know if that is a temporary thing (i.e to work on them, due to Covid or something else), but you won't get wet from those right now. :( Hopefully they will be operational come next Spring/Summer.

I'm at Universal right now and the guns are working, but only every third one (for distancing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!