Dumbo Dare Packet Pickup- AP Verification? Help!

einahpets126

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

Here's my situation:

My friend with an Annual Pass registered me for the Dumbo Dare during early registration, which I didn't realize at the time. I am not an Annual Passholder myself. This friend was originally coming with me to Disneyland, but can no longer come as he got a new job and has to travel elsewhere for work during that time.

I am incredibly worried that I am going to get in trouble at the expo and/or not be able to pick up the packet myself. Will they ask me for the annual pass? Is there a potential I will be turned away? I want to set myself up to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

I know registering early is frowned upon, but my friend was handling most of the travel details and I didn't question it at the time which was dumb on my end.

The registration confirmation I have from the online registration form even indicates that I am not a passholder, so I'd assume they would have cancelled the registration BEFORE actually getting to the expo if that's not allowed.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

They won't ask you. There is nothing on your bib/waiver to indicate you registered as an AP or DVC member.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't think they even asked me for ID

in all the run disney events I've ever done (I'm a DVC, AP, etc) I've NEVER been asked to prove those things. Besides, Disney I'm sure if they really wanted to could verify such things long before packet pickup. Worst case find me and I'll pick it up for you

in all the run disney events I've ever done (I'm a DVC, AP, etc) I've NEVER been asked to prove those things. Besides, Disney I'm sure if they really wanted to could verify such things long before packet pickup. Worst case find me and I'll pick it up for you

Oh good, I'll come find you if I have an issue then ;)

Honestly, requiring AP and DVC members to show proof at pickup would be a huge PITA for RunDisney, since there would be a long line of complaints. The only way to really accomplish this, IMO, would be to require some kind of proof at registration. Since the links can be used by anybody (if someone shares), I don't think they are too concerned right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter