$$$ during corona epidemic isolation?

I have some cash at home in case it will be needed. I put it in a ziplock bag and put it in my freezer. Literally, cold, hard cash! I was more worried about possibility of a fire, but I expect it has helped kill the germs too, or do you think it is actually keeping them in hibernation and then when I get it out of the freezer the germs will reappear? Anyone know?

Coronaviruses can live up to 2 years in a freezer. How do you think they keep them preserved in laboratories?

You can physically wash your cash, with soapy water. Do that instead.

I was going to go in the back and ask for fresh new money in the bundles 1’s, 5’s, 10’s and a few 20’s. Not sure how much comes in the 20’s bundle

isn’t an ATM limit on withdrawals standard?
Yes, typical. Was told that since bank likely stuck with fraud , they limit.
However many of the large banks have an override on their app, so you can change it just before you head to your ATM. Get what you want/need Then revert it.
Just went thru this.

I was going to go in the back and ask for fresh new money in the bundles 1’s, 5’s, 10’s and a few 20’s. Not sure how much comes in the 20’s bundle
20's come in $1000 bundles and it isn't new money. It's whatever the Fed sent the bank.

A “bundle” has 1,000 bills.
A “strap” or “band” has 100 bills for all denominations except for $1 bills which may be available in straps of 25, 50, 100, 200 or 250.
Values can be calculated based on denomination.
Neither will necessarily be “new untouched” bills straight from the press.

20's come in $1000 bundles and it isn't new money. It's whatever the Fed sent the bank.
Actually it is $2000.00 100 bills to a fed strap. You are correct however that it will not likely be new money.
My bank Chase has bundles of different amounts. I’ve seen $1’s in both 100 & 50. Never needed a bundle of $20’s.

Edited to say:
What @lanejudy said below makes the most sense.

Coronaviruses can live up to 2 years in a freezer. How do you think they keep them preserved in laboratories?

You can physically wash your cash, with soapy water. Do that instead.
Put it through the washing machine and dryer with a load of laundry. If it doesn't hurt the bills I accidentally leave in my pockets, it's not going to hurt the bills you purposely put in with your clothes.

Hey what about if you put your cash in the microwave would that kill the virus??

Probably, since people do that for sponges, but wet your money first. You don't want it to catch on fire.

OP. Yes. Absolutely. if they call a bank holiday, they will probably (or at least can) cap or restrict cash withdrawals, likely under the auspices of “contamination”, as if ccs don’t contaminate anything.

cash will be hoarded. Worst case, this passes and you redeposit in bank. No brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter