Dutch & Matt Take On Disney - Our First Time in Forever Feb 2020 TR - UPDATED 5/27 - COMPLETE

Satu'li Canteen looks so good! I'll have to go next time I'm in Pandora. I totally support getting kids meals too, sometimes you're just not that hungry and it's the perfect size!

ps: I think Pandora is my new favorite land as well!

red is glued to the black cardstock on the edges forming a little "pocket." Clearly channeling my inner Martha Stewart.

and printing out day-by-day laminated cards so we would have easy access to our plans.

49606753787_14553937e0.jpg

Formatting these was a nightmare :scared1: ... but you know it just had to get done.

A Dis-er after my own heart! I *too*, have printed, hourly, colour-coded laminated schedules I bring to Disney!!! :flower1:

With not-great in park Wi-Fi, they really saved us with knowing where/when to be places!

Your TR is so fun, I love your positive attitude and all the fun GIF’s and pictures!!!

Fellow New Yorker joining in on a rainy, dreary, Hudson Valley day :)

I decided to go ahead and pay for the upgrade. I also really wanted to surprise Matt because we had never flown First Class - and I thought it would be a really special way to start off the trip.
Very cool way to start! We love the seats with more leg room but haven't done first class yet.
The look on her face was p-r-I-c-e-l-e-s-s when she looked at our tickets.
She deserved it :snooty:
Kyle had us in the building we wanted, on an upper floor, and upgraded to a water view! :woohoo:
Wonderful! Sometimes it can't happen but when it does it's magical and gets your arrival day really off on the right foot.
We were both really looking forward to the cake - and were kind of disappointed. We were hoping for something closer to a rainbow cookie and it was more of a very dense cake.
Yup. We tried this least year and I was also expecting a delicious rainbow cookie type cake. I skipped it this year.
We loved Uber and so preferred it to the buses - even if we didn't have the 50% off we felt like the amount of time we saved + the convenience + being able to do things on our schedule was definitely worth the cost.
We have older kids and choose to Lyft/Uber probably 80% of our time now. It means we get to spend less time waiting on transportation and don't need to worry about getting somewhere when we need to. DH almost always has some type of code for $ off, don't know why either lol. We also liked taking the Minnie Vans when it was a flat $20 and then even $25 but now that it's mileage based it's a tad too much.
Turns out there was some sort of malfunction with our banshees during the last ride and so they were out of commission. Our only option was to go through the pre-show again.
Ugh I HATE that pre-show :rolleyes: It's our DS17's favorite ride as of now so we do it often, I suppose if it was still fresh it wouldn't bother me as much. I just can't stand listening to stuffed-up Dr. whats-his-name lol!
This meet ended up being one of the longest wait times of our entire trip!
LOVE the picture!
Here in NYC a lot of things are closed and we're all trying hard to practice our social distancing. Finding the entire soundtrack for Pandora on YouTube has definitely brightened my days a bit!
We're getting to the almost everything closed stage in Dutchess County; restaurants just doing take out but who knows for how long, malls, bowling alleys, etc. closing as of 8pm tonight, gyms and movie theaters closed earlier in the week. Hair and nail salons still at appointment only but again, who knows for how long.

You had a perfect day at AK! Stay safe and healthy and I'm looking forward to reading more!

Hopping on over to say hi and welcome to the dark side of TR writing...there's no turning back now :rotfl:

Kind of obsessed with your TR so far--you guys are adorable, and I just binge-read (is that a thing?:laughing:) all your updates!

I 1000% agree about Disney shows--I'm a dancer myself, though certainly not professional, and watching all the shows is one of my favorite things to do in the parks!

Can't wait to read more about your adventures! :D

Everest is my favorite ride at AK! I love it even more than FoP. I just wish the Yeti would move again... Oh well.
I had no idea the Yeti moved ... I just googled it ... so wish it still moved too!
I also LOVE Satu'li for food. It's such a great way to have it set up with the bowls and sauces and makes it really easy to accommodate all sorts of dietary restrictions. Derek and I are vegetarian and I have a sister with Celiac's and we agree this is the best quick serve place we've been to.
100% Agree! I loved all the options - and it's so nice to have good food in a theme park that goes beyond just chicken tenders and fries (as much as I don't mind some fries...😂 )

Satu'li Canteen looks so good! I'll have to go next time I'm in Pandora. I totally support getting kids meals too, sometimes you're just not that hungry and it's the perfect size!

ps: I think Pandora is my new favorite land as well!
Yes - totally recommend! I loved being able to order the kids meals - I had no idea that was an option until this trip. I still can't get over Pandora ::yes::

A Dis-er after my own heart! I *too*, have printed, hourly, colour-coded laminated schedules I bring to Disney!!! :flower1:
With not-great in park Wi-Fi, they really saved us with knowing where/when to be places!
I thought I was crazy at first for doing it ... but we ended up relying on it so much!
Your TR is so fun, I love your positive attitude and all the fun GIF’s and pictures!!!
:welcome: Thank you so much for joining in!!

Fellow New Yorker joining in on a rainy, dreary, Hudson Valley day :)
:wave2: Fellow NY'er!! Thank you for joining in :goodvibes
Yup. We tried this least year and I was also expecting a delicious rainbow cookie type cake. I skipped it this year.
Yes! We tried explaining it to someone while we were down there - but they didn't know what a rainbow cookie was. Maybe it's a NY area thing :confused3
We have older kids and choose to Lyft/Uber probably 80% of our time now. It means we get to spend less time waiting on transportation and don't need to worry about getting somewhere when we need to. DH almost always has some type of code for $ off, don't know why either lol. We also liked taking the Minnie Vans when it was a flat $20 and then even $25 but now that it's mileage based it's a tad too much.
We wanted to try a Minnie Van while we were down there - but every time it was almost triple the cost!!
We're getting to the almost everything closed stage in Dutchess County; restaurants just doing take out but who knows for how long, malls, bowling alleys, etc. closing as of 8pm tonight, gyms and movie theaters closed earlier in the week. Hair and nail salons still at appointment only but again, who knows for how long.

You had a perfect day at AK! Stay safe and healthy and I'm looking forward to reading more!
I know - they're doing it bit by bit here in NYC - and part of me wonders if it would be better to just do it all at once? Sending healthy and safe thoughts to you as well ::yes::!!

Loving the adventure chaps, really cheered me up :-)
:welcome:Yay! Welcome! Glad it is providing some brightness right now!

Hopping on over to say hi and welcome to the dark side of TR writing...there's no turning back now :rotfl:

Kind of obsessed with your TR so far--you guys are adorable, and I just binge-read (is that a thing?:laughing:) all your updates!
:wave: Welcome!! I know ... I definitely feel like after this I will always need to write a TR :laughing:. I totally think binge-reading is a thing!
I 1000% agree about Disney shows--I'm a dancer myself, though certainly not professional, and watching all the shows is one of my favorite things to do in the parks!

Can't wait to read more about your adventures! :D
Yay dance!! :dance3:The shows really do make the parks!

Chapter Six: Fantasmic Dessert Party

Around 2:00pm we called an Uber and headed out of AK. On the way out of the park we accidentally went through an empty "entrance" point ... made it all the way through to the other side .... and had a CM yell at us that we needed to go back through and exit in the proper area :mic:.

giphy.gif

We were a little taken aback by the abruptness of the CM - totally understand that there are rules and we were not in the right place - but a simple "Hey - that's not an exit" would have worked. So we went back through the entrance (that we had already exited) - and walked one lane over to exit. We made sure to always double check we were going through an exit lane from that point on :laughing:

After a quick Uber ride back, we spent some time relaxing in the room, before heading over to the main pool. For some reason we took absolutely no pictures. Apologies for the lack of photos - more to come!

giphy.gif

The pool was definitely a bit warmer today - and Matt even got me to go down the slide!

After some time in the pool - we headed back to the room and got ready to head over to DHS. When we were planning our trip - we knew we wanted to do at least one "event." Matt loves Fantasmic and I love dessert ... so we decided on the Fantasmic Dessert Party.

We took the Skyliner over to DHS and loved it just as much as the day before.

49606013713_c82676cb03_c.jpg

So hard to get a pic without the glare!

49606524371_09d795d475_c.jpg

We had some time before the party - so we mobile ordered a small dinner from Woody's Lunchbox. Matt got the Totcho's and I got the Kids Meal Turkey Sandwich. Matt loved the totchos and they ended up being one of his favorite meals of the trip. My sandwich was as expected! Although I did love the "potato barrels" and I am not typically a tater tot fan!

49606524001_8254af0aaf_c.jpg

49606774752_ed958f8df0_c.jpg

Loving the Totcho's...

After Woody's we wandered over to Muppet Vision 3D - which we both loved. We're big Muppets fans and always wish they did more with them in the parks. We were definitely disappointed when they cut the Muppets Present Great Moments in American History.

49606773177_e13fe68bec_c.jpg

49606772767_0e2852ae34_c.jpg

Clearly excited about the Muppets...

49606009708_94a7dd61b4_c.jpg

Love Miss Piggy!

After Muppets we browsed through a couple shops (Matt picked up a Pin Lanyard) and then we headed over to the entrance for the dessert party.

49606009563_742e1e5e6a_c.jpg

I loved this Tumbler and was very tempted to buy it!

On the way over - we stopped and got this PhotoPass picture taken. I love how the woman in it almost looks like a ghost 👻

49611433143_189787f8d8_c.jpg

After picking up our badges, we headed to the dessert station and grabbed our boxes. We both chose the non-alcoholic punch and enjoyed it (although I do think I like the cup more than I liked the drink :laughing:).

49606771527_4172b3c6e0_c.jpg

49606009243_99e4a695e7_c.jpg

Our "Dessert" Package

We got some great seats and had a bit of fun before the show started - someone in the audience started a "wave." Which then turned into a "fast wave" and a "slow wave." Love a Disney moment like that :lovestruc!

49606770227_95476cd2ae_c.jpg

Great seats!

Fantasmic was really fun! I had actually never seen it before - so it was fun seeing it for the first time. It definitely is an intense show - and I think as a young child I might have been a bit overwhelmed. Then again ... I don't think I watched The Lion King all the way through until I was 7 or 8 :rotfl:.

We paid about $40/person and we felt like it was worth it - especially in comparison to some of the other dessert parties (although we've never experienced any other - so we are definitely not the best judges).

The highlight of the evening for me, however, was the dessert box. SO good!

49606519751_fb2cd176da_c.jpg

49606771002_59cb4e33cc_c.jpg

I loved the macarons and chocolate mousse (those little pearls are ah-mazing). Matt was a big fan of the Babybell cheeses and cheesecake.

We headed out shortly after the show - just beating the rush to the Skyliner. We made it back as Epcot Forever was finishing up - so cool to see it from the resort!

49606769502_eb356aa9d2_c.jpg

The view of the fireworks from outside our room

We decided to take a short walk around property - Riviera is so beautiful at night!

We also took some time to try out the hammocks ... for someone who dances professionally I have absolutely no coordination beyond the studio :rotfl:. Let's just say I had some trouble getting in the hammock, out of the hammock, and staying in the hammock (that might also be the city boy in me .... we don't really have hammocks here :lmao:).

49606007133_a3144d929f_c.jpg

The blurriness of this picture accurately depicts the struggle...

We finally headed back to our room - after a totally awesome first full day - and got ready for our first MK day!

49606768927_3cdff1c9c3_c.jpg

Love Building 52!

Up Next: First Visit to MK!

Last edited:
Saw you had a TR going after reading your comment on my TR and decided to check yours out. Living for the fact your boyf LOVED totchos because that was my life before Ronto Wraps, but I still love a good totcho. I just have a bias because... I could smell them everyday out in Savi's courtyard. Also, as another "arts" boy (don't let the Business degree fool you), Disney Entertainment is next level and Festival of the Lion King is peak.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of this trip! Hope you're staying safe in NYC!

Just binge read your trip report. Looks like a great trip!! Love your pictures!! We are from NYC too!! :flower1:
We usually take JetBlue out of JFK, haven’t flown delta in years (like 20). Awesome that you upgraded to first class. Was curious, Did you have a choice for the breakfast meal on the flight or was it just cereal / yogurt?

Can’t wait to read more, stay healthy!! Marina

I'm a little jealous of the macarons in the dessert box because we did that dessert party a couple years ago and they weren't in there! I love macarons lol and I agree the price is really good for what you get. Definitely enjoyed those desserts more than the options at dessert parties we've previously attended.

When my co-worker and I stayed at CBR in October we saw Epcot Forever from outside our room :goodvibes Always a bonus seeing fireworks at your resort!

Saw you had a TR going after reading your comment on my TR and decided to check yours out.
:wave:Thanks for coming over :goodvibes

Living for the fact your boyf LOVED totchos because that was my life before Ronto Wraps, but I still love a good totcho. I just have a bias because... I could smell them everyday out in Savi's courtyard.
Oh my god - that would have been dangerous - I think he would have literally become a totcho :rotfl:
Also, as another "arts" boy (don't let the Business degree fool you), Disney Entertainment is next level and Festival of the Lion King is peak.
Yes Arts!!! I have a second degree in Public Health - which always surprises people. Arts people can do lots of things ::yes::!
Looking forward to hearing about the rest of this trip! Hope you're staying safe in NYC!
I'm spending a lot of time indoors - practicing my social distancing! Hope you are staying safe as well!!
Just binge read your trip report. Looks like a great trip!! Love your pictures!! We are from NYC too!! :flower1:
We usually take JetBlue out of JFK, haven’t flown delta in years (like 20). Awesome that you upgraded to first class. Was curious, Did you have a choice for the breakfast meal on the flight or was it just cereal / yogurt?

Can’t wait to read more, stay healthy!! Marina
:welcome:
Hi Fellow NY'er!! I used to fly JetBlue a lot back and forth from school - and then switched to Delta since LGA was closer for me! We had 2 choices for breakfast! One was a turkey/ham breakfast sandwich and the other was the cereal/yogurt - they also gave us the option to choose before our flight (in the Delta app) - which we did! Stay safe as well!!

I'm a little jealous of the macarons in the dessert box because we did that dessert party a couple years ago and they weren't in there! I love macarons lol and I agree the price is really good for what you get. Definitely enjoyed those desserts more than the options at dessert parties we've previously attended.
They were really good! I want to try a different dessert party next time - but part of me just wants to do the Fantasmic one again!
When my co-worker and I stayed at CBR in October we saw Epcot Forever from outside our room :goodvibes Always a bonus seeing fireworks at your resort!
It really is! I had no idea that they were visible from CBR either - so it was a total surprise!

Chapter Seven: Magic Kingdom Time!

After a pretty restful night at CBR - we were so ready for our first visit of the trip to MK! We had a quick breakfast in the room and Matt made some coffee (I'm not a coffee drinker - but he really liked the Joffrey's in the room).

We ordered an Uber to the Contemporary around 7:45a.m. and got there in really good time. We loved this tip - I know it's been said a thousand times - but taking your Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and then using the walking path saves so much time (especially with the bag check).

giphy.gif

Off to Magic Kingdom!

We got to MK just as they were opening up the ADR/Character Breakfast-only turnstiles and so we made it through in less than 3 minutes :rainbow:.

We grabbed a few pictures of the Castle and I made Matt stop to take some PhotoPass pictures...

49606034488_fd945392ae_c.jpg

There's nothing like seeing the Castle for the first time!

49620371082_15d2803e45_c.jpg

Oh Hey Walt .. I mean Roy :rotfl2: !

Our plan for the morning was to rope drop Space Mountain - we had FP's for Big Thunder, Meeting Rapunzel/Tiana, and Seven Dwarfs - so we started to make our way over to the Tomorrowland Rope Drop. Matt stopped at the Main Street Bakery and got something to eat (I think??). He also grabbed me an Unsweetened Iced Green Tea (what a saint).

49606034738_94630085c5_c.jpg

Another shot of the castle...

We got to Tomorrowland around 8:30 and got a great spot - only about 15 people in front of us. We chatted a little bit with an older gentleman next to us. He spent about 15 minutes talking about how sandals were his only choice of footwear since becoming older :rotfl:. It was one of those conversations which we kept trying to gracefully exit and every time we thought it was over - he kept going. We thought at first he was by himself ... but no ... he was there with his whole family. I have a feeling they might have heard the sandal story a few times as well :laughing:.

49606034143_ba5e66c938_c.jpg

It's amazing what a difference fifteen minutes makes - by 8:45 the crowd was at least triple the size! We started to hear some murmurs in the crowd - and one of the CM's announced that Space Mountain was down and they didn't know when it would be back up :eek:.

giphy.gif

Me - in complete denial.

We quickly assessed our choices - do we stay and try another ride in Tomorrowland or attempt to rope drop a different land? We opted to stay since we figured we would just go with the flow (something I'm practicing :rotfl2:)
And thank goodness we did - because 2 minutes later they told us it was a false alarm! :cheer2: (I love it when going with the flow results in the planned thing...makes going with the flow so easy!)

Soon enough we were walking to Space Mountain! The group next to us took off running - and were promptly stopped by the CM's. I'll never get the running thing when you're already at the front of the line ... like how much farther front can you be :confused3

49606034063_820ef2bf0b_c.jpg

A very blurry Space Mountain pic as we walked the queue.

49611945961_7f62a863d1_c.jpg

Oh ... will I ever know where to look?
49619583678_14cedd8542_c.jpg

We loved Space Mountain - always a fun classic! We then headed over to Buzz Lightyear where we were able to walk on :woohoo:. Matt scored much ... much .... higher.

49612202687_ddac52d3c0_c.jpg

Me? Competitive on a ride? Never!! (might have gotten a little carried away...)

We were using a combination of the Lines app and a Touring Plan we created before our trip - our next step was Haunted Mansion. This is one of my favorite rides of all time.

Sadly the ride was down when we arrived and they didn't know when it would be back up :sad1:. All good - I was practicing going with the flow (remember?) and so we just headed to our next ride - Small World!

49606033753_8960522de1_c.jpg

I like Small World - not one of my favs - but it almost seems sacrilege not to ride it once while visiting. We decided to try out Haunted Mansion again - and were told that it was still down. So we started walking away ... and then we noticed they were letting people on!

Score! We got there just as they were re-opening and literally walked right on.

49606795527_27f7bf5eda_c.jpg

No Line!

49620098161_de5a49c85b_c.jpg

I'll keep wandering and wandering and wandering and wondering ... When will my eyes be open? (bad Tangled reference :blush:)

After Haunted Mansion, we browsed the gift shop (I picked up a mystery pin set), and Matt stopped at one of the popcorn stands and bought one of the refillable popcorn buckets popcorn::.

It was time for our Big Thunder Mountain Fast Pass - so we made our way over to Frontier Land.

49606794282_ca5d9aef1f_c.jpg

I love the townhouses/homes in Liberty Square!

49606794087_feeb4bf295_c.jpg

My Beloved Haunted Mansion...

Big Thunder was a ton of fun - it's one of our favorites! I know the coasters at Disney aren't crazy (especially compared to Six Flags/Universal) - but I'm still slightly shook every time :laughing:.

After Big Thunder - we crossed back through the park for our ADR at Be Our Guest. I was really looking forward to this. I had stalked the site for days hunting down a lunch ADR and was very excited to have snagged one.

Sadly - this was one of our least favorite meals of the trip. Check-In took close to 25/30 minutes (despite us doing mobile order far in advance) and then it took another 20-25 minutes to get our food.

And our food. Oh dear. Now - this one is totally on us - because we ordered the kids meals (thinking we would be snacking throughout the day) and I don't know what came over us but we must have ordered the most boring meal options possible :confused3.

Anyway - we got the Feast a la Beast and Mrs. Potts Platter. They were fine. But really nothing to write home about. ALSO - we didn't order any dessert. What were we thinking :sad2:

49606793232_28cc23b7ae_c.jpg

Matt's Mrs. Pott's Platter was giving me elementary school lunch vibes...
49606031308_3caa69591b_c.jpg

My Feast a la Beast
49606541981_68347af0cc_c.jpg

We did love the setting!

Up Next: The Rest of Magic Kingdom & An Epcot Evening!

Last edited:
We have to go with the flow a lot at Disney, lol 😂

I’m glad you enjoyed Space and were able to do this and HM! Sometime these rides can be down all day!

So sorry BOG wasn’t a good experience. We usually get right in with the pre order, however, we have had a few long waits for our food. The adult turkey sandwich is always a good choice!

I love the HM picture, it so fun seeing everyone’s pictures here, haha 😂

He spent about 15 minutes talking about how sandals were his only choice of footwear since becoming older :rotfl:
LOL! Hey one day you guys will be "older" and may have these types of conversations with strangers! He probably knows his family is tired of hearing about his sandals so will talk to whomever he can corner :rotfl2:
We started to hear some murmurs in the crowd - and one of the CM's announced that Space Mountain was down and they didn't know when it would be back up :eek:
Ugh I hate when that happens, happened to us last July after trying to RD BTMRR with about 5000 other guests. I wish they'd announce these things before official opening so you can move somewhere else earlier; glad it opened right up for you!
I love the townhouses/homes in Liberty Square!
So do I! It's actually one of my favorite areas and there are lots of little details there :)
Sadly - this was one of our least favorite meals of the trip.
We used to LOVE BOG dinner before the menu/signature change and now we find it just "eh". We've done breakfast twice and lunch only once; breakfast is fine but not worth the price (and we do tons of signatures so price isn't an issue for us, but breakfast there is high for the same food you get elsewhere) and we did NOT like lunch. However we're taking our DGD in September and her mom has requested dinner and lunch at BOG and since it's her first Disney trip as well - we'll be doing both lol!

Joining in! I just spent almost two cups of coffees reading your report and it's been a lovely distraction, so thank you.

My DD16 dances and has been lost these last couple weeks without her dance family and misses going to the studio. Luckily, they are doing online classes, but it's just not the same. We are also missing out on quite a few dance comps in the next couple weeks :sad1:

We ordered an Uber to the Contemporary around 7:45a.m. and got there in really good time. We loved this tip - I know it's been said a thousand times - but taking your Uber/Lyft to the Contemporary and then using the walking path saves so much time (especially with the bag check).

You cannot say it enough, apparently. I'm a WDW veteran but a total ride-share newbie and when my DD and I were there in December, I made the mistake of putting in the MK as our destination. I didn't even think that would mean we were left off at the TTC :sad2:

There's nothing like seeing the Castle for the first time!

:sad:

Oh Hey Walt!

Roy :love:

We thought at first he was by himself ... but no ... he was there with his whole family. I have a feeling they might have heard the sandal story a few times as well :laughing:.

I've traveled with my family many times…I'm sure they were just happy someone else had to listen to that man talk about his sandals for once :rotfl:

I'll keep wandering and wandering and wandering and wondering ... When will my eyes be open? (bad Tangled reference :blush:)

:rotfl2:

Weirdest camera placement ever…but also makes for some of the funniest photos!

Loved your update! How come you didn’t get to ride in the same rocket in Space Mountain?

We’ve had dinner at BOG a few times. It was ok when it was a one pointer on the dining plan but no way is it worth 2 points.

My family loves Big Thunder. Since I’m a colossal ride wimp I haven’t done it. (I can do Slinky with my eyes closed holding on for dear life but hated 7DMT it was too much for me). My kids say since I can do Slinky (ish) I can do Big Thunder, but I doubt it. Can’t wait to read more.

and had a CM yell at us that we needed to go back through and exit in the proper area :mic:.

Seems dramatic lol they coulda just given you a heads up for next time

Matt loved the totchos and they ended up being one of his favorite meals of the trip.

Oo I want to try those!

We were definitely disappointed when they cut the Muppets Present Great Moments in American History.

Same.

I loved this Tumbler and was very tempted to buy it!

I almost bought that before too!

It definitely is an intense show - and I think as a young child I might have been a bit overwhelmed.

Omg yes- one of the only things I remember from when we went to Disney when I was a kid was being terrified of Fantasmic!

We paid about $40/person and we felt like it was worth it

Agreed. We've done it several times and always feel it's worth it.

Let's just say I had some trouble getting in the hammock, out of the hammock, and staying in the hammock

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I have a feeling they might have heard the sandal story a few times as well

they were prob very happy he found someone else to tell it to lol

We have to go with the flow a lot at Disney, lol 😂
Yes - definitely good practice :rotfl:
So sorry BOG wasn’t a good experience. We usually get right in with the pre order, however, we have had a few long waits for our food. The adult turkey sandwich is always a good choice!
We want to try it again on the next trip and probably go for adult meals/dessert!
I love the HM picture, it so fun seeing everyone’s pictures here, haha 😂
They are the best ... and we tried so hard to be ready 😂

LOL! Hey one day you guys will be "older" and may have these types of conversations with strangers! He probably knows his family is tired of hearing about his sandals so will talk to whomever he can corner :rotfl2:
So true! And I am sure I have dragged out a conversation at some point as well :laughing:
Ugh I hate when that happens, happened to us last July after trying to RD BTMRR with about 5000 other guests.
I wish they'd announce these things before official opening so you can move somewhere else earlier; glad it opened right up for you!
Ugh - that's the worst! I totally agree - a little heads up would def be appreciated.
So do I! It's actually one of my favorite areas and there are lots of little details there :)
Matt wanted to know if we could move into one of them :rotfl:
We used to LOVE BOG dinner before the menu/signature change and now we find it just "eh". We've done breakfast twice and lunch only once; breakfast is fine but not worth the price (and we do tons of signatures so price isn't an issue for us, but breakfast there is high for the same food you get elsewhere) and we did NOT like lunch. However we're taking our DGD in September and her mom has requested dinner and lunch at BOG and since it's her first Disney trip as well - we'll be doing both lol!
We originally had breakfast booked but switched to lunch and were thinking we might do breakfast in the future ... good to know the value isn't there! ::yes::

Joining in! I just spent almost two cups of coffees reading your report and it's been a lovely distraction, so thank you.
Yay! :welcome:
My DD16 dances and has been lost these last couple weeks without her dance family and misses going to the studio. Luckily, they are doing online classes, but it's just not the same. We are also missing out on quite a few dance comps in the next couple weeks :sad1:
That's such a bummer! A lot of my friends who are dance teachers have been teaching online. It has definitely been hard not being in rehearsal!
:rotfl2:Not even going to try to act like that was a mistake ... Thank you :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter