DVC 2008 room rates

tomandrobin

DIS Veteran
I was thinking about the room rates Disney is charging starting 2008. These new rates will mimick DVC and be day and season specific. How much will that change DVC usage, where members pay cash on weekends to save points. The new rates kind of don't make it worth it anymore.

Good question. I'd say that more people might

• choose to stay off site the first night (especially if they have a vehicle)
  • go ahead and bite the bullet for a Saturday night reservation
  • fly in on Sunday as early as possible

We already use the first option, so it doesn't affect us much. :)

They won't affect our travel. We try to take a side trip somewhere else (KSC, Tampa, Daytona, etc) to avoid using weekend points, even if only for one night. If we had no sidetrip, I would go ahead and spend the extra points at DVC.

Note that most of the time, weekend CRO rates are only slightly higher than weekday rates, and in some cases the rates are exactly the same. For now, it's very different from DVC's 2x weekend prices.

Don't know if CRO is just easing into differential pricing, or if this is the level of difffence they expect in the future.

We have stayed on the weekend twice, but both times we split the stay with other members so each of us only had one weekend night to cover (we covered Wed-Fri, they covered Sat-Mon). But we have never done it when we're on our own, but we sure hope to someday!

Won't change too much other than why bother with WDW resort hotel for the last night or two--for me it will be stay at a DTD resort if the points are running low or I want to save points to fit in an extra 5 night.

Well
One of the reasons we have DVC is so that we can afford to stay on Disney any time of the year or day of the week.
Spending a night off property would defeat that purpose for us. But we do try to schedule sun thru thursday.
Theo.

Won't affect my points usage at all. When I joined DVC I took into account the weekend points and purchased enough to get me through. I hate changing hotels!

Won't affect my points usage at all. When I joined DVC I took into account the weekend points and purchased enough to get me through. I hate changing hotels!

Ditto! It probably costs more to move from place to place with the way gas prices are. There was no way we were going to do that!

The rate increases won't effect our ability to pay cash on weekends. We have APs and always manage to find a good AP rate for weekends. We visit enough in a year to warrant purchasing APs. We also have the DDE card; which we prefer over the dining plan.

The rate difference doesn't look very big, about $10 per night. With our AP discount, we'll probably still try for a value or mod for weekend nights.

I only see rates for the non-DVC rooms. Does anyone know what the cash prices are for the villas that anyone can rent at the 60 day CRO? I would be curious to know what a 2 bdr. BW view would be. Then I might feel real happy I bought!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter