DVC Commercial running in LA!

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
Tonight on the local NBC news in Los Angeles, I saw our first ever Disney Vacation Club Commercial. This is interesting since almost all DVC members live in the Eastern US. (Most West Coasters still visit Disneyland almost five to one over WDW due to Disneyland's closer proiximity). In fact almost everyone I talk to has never heard of DVC out here.

Since LA is the second largest media market in the US. These are very expensive commercials. Why would DVC start advertising in a market that primarly still visits the Disneyland Resort?

All of our local commercials up to this point have been Disneyland Resort Related.

(We do get an occasional WDW commercial on satellite and Cable, but these are National boradcasts not local)

I think they are trying to famaliarize the west coast with DVC because they are preparing for an announcement of a DVC at Disneyland.

What do you all think this means?

Also, does DVC advertise locally on the East Coast, and if so, how long have they been doing it?

P.S. Longhairbear broke this story originally.

Tonight on the local NBC news in Los Angeles, I saw our first ever Disney Vacation Club Commercial.

I think they are trying to famaliarize the west coast with DVC because they are preparing for an announcement of a DVC at Disneyland.

What do you all think this means?

I think it means that you answered your own question. :thumbsup2

They are playing DVC commercials here in Orlando, I figured they must be playing them everywhere as they keep building more units.

DL should be announced soon enough.

While a DL DVC resort is still just 'rumor', I personally believe that there's been enough anecdotal evidence, such as DVC-kiosks at DL, commercials now showing in L.A., etc, that one could pretty much call this rumor for real.

I didn't even think it was considered a rumor anymore - from what I understand, it should be announced very soon.

I haven't ever seen a DVC commercial anywhere but in WDW, so IMO, I think you've made a fairly safe assumption! :thumbsup2

We saw the commercial too couple of nights ago while watching news, but i thought it was some kind of a contest or sweepstakes cause it said something about " A chance to win a Disney Vacation Club membership" but I could be wrong. I agree with DWELTY, this is the first time I saw a commercial about DVC in our local channel.

Never have seen a DVC commercial except in WDW...

I bet that does mean they are gearing up for a resort out there...

Cool:cool1:

I have yet to see the commercial, but that gives me hope that a DVC at DLR may be in the near future. That would be too cool.:woohoo:

Check out this link on the LA NBC affiliate website. You can enter a contest to win a free DVC trip. (unfortunately you have to live in the LA area to enter).

http://www.knbc.com/sponsors/13445098/detail.html

Rules:
PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: No purchase necessary. Void outside the KNBC terrestrial geographic viewing areas and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins on May 28, 2007 at 12:00am and ends on June 17, 2007 at 11:59pm . All times in this Sweepstakes refer to Pacific Time. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.

Last year or so, I remember seeing America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC program) and seeing the DVC logo presented full screen. I don't know if they were offering a membership as a grand prize or stating that DVC was a sponsor of the show.

Not really a full commercial, and going from memory, so may not be completely accurate. Anybody else see this?

Peace,
G4L

Last year or so, I remember seeing America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC program) and seeing the DVC logo presented full screen. I don't know if they were offering a membership as a grand prize or stating that DVC was a sponsor of the show.

Not really a full commercial, and going from memory, so may not be completely accurate. Anybody else see this?

Peace,
G4L

Disney owns ABC so you see a lot of free advertisement. Ever wonder why so many ABC shows will film a episode at WDW or DL. :woohoo:

Peace,
G4L

One of the grand prizes that year on AFV was a membership to DVC (like 250-ish points per year). They even gave away another membership to a viewer who registered online or something. HTH.

One of the grand prizes that year on AFV was a membership to DVC (like 250-ish points per year). They even gave away another membership to a viewer who registered online or something. HTH.

I think I'd be willing to film as many groin hits as was needed for 250 points per year!!

I saw the commercial again today, 3 times in less than an hour, on KNBC. It does start out as an ad for the DVC sweepstakes, but ends as a DVC ad also. They show the DVC logo full screen at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter