DVC discount for cash ressie on a weekend?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I currently have a 5-night ressie for BCV for Apr. 16-21 (Easter week). I'm planning to stay Apr. 21-23 (weekend) onsite somewhere, and need to get somewhere booked. I'd love to stay at one of the Epcot resorts if possible. I just checked rates at the Swan/Dolphin. $369 for a standard room.

What if I booked a BCV or BWV studio for cash? I understand that a discount is possible for DVC members, but I don't know how much of a discount it is. I realize that availability may be impossible because it's the end of Easter week, but I may try just in case.

MS is closed for the weekend of course. But I'm wondering if anyone has used the DVC discount for a cash stay on a weekend. Was it a good rate, in your opinion? Would you go that route again?

Thanks for any info on this! :wave2:

I have used DVC discounts for weekends in the past, and I believe it is a 25% discount off rack. In my case, by renting the points I would have used for the weekend, I netted $750.00 after paying the cash rate. I am currently hoping for Discounts for December 16 & 17th at VWL, none are available as of yet, and the resort is fully booked (Cash & Points) for December (1BR & 2BR) per member services, so I'm not too hopefull of the discount being made available.

Hope that helps!

-Tony

Greenban, thanks for the reply. Yes, that does help. 25% discount is not bad at all, although I can only imagine what rack rate for a studio at peak time is normally. :rolleyes: Guess I'll hunt around to see if I can get an approx. idea of that amount, so I know if it's even worth calling MS on Monday to ask.

Good luck getting a discount for December, and have a great trip! :)

Anybody else with experiences booking a DVC room for cash with a discount?

I believe that rack rate for a studio at that time for both BWV and BCV is $415.00 plus tax.

I have a 1BR at SSR booked for January. Used the 25% discount for the weekend nights and am paying approx. $275/night.

Terri

Paladin, thanks for the info! You saved me from having to dig around for it. :)

TEK224, that is a great rate for a 1BR! How I WISH we could go in January and take advantage of lower rates, smaller crowds, etc. But unfortunately it has to be Easter week or not at all. I thought it wouldn't hurt to check out the options for the weekend part, just in case it would be affordable to stay near or at BCV. I think I may opt to book a moderate and save the difference...

Thanks for your replies!

Do you have an annual pass or plans to get one (voucher) before your trip? If so, it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on the BRP - you might be able to get an AP-discounted room somewhere.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
Do you have an annual pass or plans to get one (voucher) before your trip? If so, it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on the BRP - you might be able to get an AP-discounted room somewhere.

Best wishes -

This is a good point, but has a major caveat, if I have my facts correct.

When you schedule a DVC rental via points or even cash through DVC MS they can link and guarentee you the same room. Thus you will not have to move during your stay!. A/P or other discount codes must be made through CRO, and they will make a note of the DVC ressie as well, but you MAY have to change rooms (i.e. check out at 11AM and hope your next room is ready at 4PM, and you WILL have to recheck-in atleast. Go stand in line, check out from the first ressie and then check-in again for the new ressie, even if you don't need to change rooms.

YMMV but for me I'd need to save atleast $100.00 to stand in line and $300+ to switch rooms.

-Tony

I have a weekend cash night reserved at BCV during "Jersey Week". Rack rate was 725.00 plus tax for my 2 bedroom and with the discount it's 543.00 plus tax. Nice savings if you ask me. :flower:

Thanks everyone! Yes I do have an AP (good thought - thanks!), but I agree that it would be nice not to have to switch rooms if I wind up staying at BCV. That was a good point about DVC discounted rms. being reserved through MS while AP discounted rms. must be reserved through CRO.

Well, I need to get on the phone to MS and get the actual numbers so I can decide. I wanted to do that today but it slipped my mind because of a hectic day at work. :rolleyes: I'll try tomorrow.

Luigi's Girl, enjoy that 2BR during Jersey Week. Nice discount!

Thanks again for all replies! :)

travelbug said:
Thanks everyone! Yes I do have an AP (good thought - thanks!), but I agree that it would be nice not to have to switch rooms if I wind up staying at BCV. That was a good point about DVC discounted rms. being reserved through MS while AP discounted rms. must be reserved through CRO.

Well, I need to get on the phone to MS and get the actual numbers so I can decide. I wanted to do that today but it slipped my mind because of a hectic day at work. :rolleyes: I'll try tomorrow.

Luigi's Girl, enjoy that 2BR during Jersey Week. Nice discount!

Thanks again for all replies! :)

Thanks! Good luck to you! :flower:

Well, I called MS today and booked a BCV studio for cash for Apr. 21-23. I was really surprised there was availability, since it's the end of Easter week. Discounted cost is $311 per night, plus tax. It's more than I prefer to spend, but it would be great to be able to stay in the same studio and avoid moving. Anyway, I've got the room booked while I think about it some more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter