DVC golf discount

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
(I have already protected myself with my flame suit :firefight )...
DH and I are the DVC members and are not golfers but we will be traveling next November with siblings and kids who love to golf. If I purchase the membership would I have to pay for a round of golf and just not golf in order for them to get discounted DVC rate?

No flames here. I do believe the individual that has the DVC Golf Membership must be present and golfing for the other three individuals to get the discount. When I used my DVC membership recently, I had to show the DVC Golf Membership card AND identification (to prove I was the same person) for the pro shop. Remember, only three other folks can use that discount.

Now....if you were thinking of checking everyone in and then disappearing so 4 golfers could check-in with the Starter; that's when I would put the suit on :rotfl:

Do any of the kids live with you and have the same address?

I do not golf, but DS does. When he and I went last May, I went with him to the golf course, showed my membership card and driver license and his driver license with the same address and was able to get him the discount card.

Laura

To participate in this plan, purchase a Disney Vacation Club Golf Membership (valid for one year from date of purchase) for the discounted price of $50 plus tax. Members may purchase the Golf Membership at any Walt Disney World Pro Shop or by calling (407) 939-1313†. Cardholders and up to three Guests (only when they are playing with the Cardholder) receive special per-round pricing.

this is what is on the member website.

(I have already protected myself with my flame suit :firefight )...
DH and I are the DVC members and are not golfers but we will be traveling next November with siblings and kids who love to golf. If I purchase the membership would I have to pay for a round of golf and just not golf in order for them to get discounted DVC rate?

I don't know the answer to that question, since DH is both the DVC member and the golfer. However, I wanted to make sure you're aware that in order to get the discount, the tee time has to be after 10:00 am.

Thanks for all of your info, everyone. I know zero about golf at WDW (or anywhere!). Too bad that neither DH nor I is into golf so that we could enjoy this perk with the family. I need to do some math to figure whether the cost of membership + the cost of an unused round is worth it for the DVC discount. I'm assuming that I would also need to golf in order for the family to use my AP discount, right? So much high finance just to hit a little white ball :rolleyes: !

you are right to investigate the options. I think there are some other discounts also depending on tee times, time of year etc. My daughter got the membership in Dec and saved over $120 on one round for two people the first time they used it. That includes the price of the card. It was the best discount she found but there were some others out there. They had very limited selection of courses and tee times but that was because they had not planned and booked ahead. Your group will also want to do that if they decide to play while there. Their second round was on the walking course and was relatively inexpensive to start with and they had a 7 am start time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter