DVC Hilton Head - recommendations and tips please

TG in NJ

Earning My Ears
Considering booking DVC Hilton Head. Haven't checked availability yet, but wondering about your experiences and recommendations for the resort and area in general. Thank you!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hhi-lovers-thread.3641326/page-37#post-62401437
The HHI lovers thread has lots of recent visitors reports on what it’s like staying there recently.

We love many local restaurants, the many bike paths around HI, the wonderful CMs at Disney’s resorts. We have a two night stay there on our way to WDW this December.

Then we also have longer stays in March and May, we really enjoy the area and resort, and own 142 points there.

The only regret about the resort is that you have to book HA if you cannot do stairs. Just requesting the area with an elevator, even with medical needs does not get it for you. So, we have learned and do book HA.

Considering booking DVC Hilton Head. Haven't checked availability yet, but wondering about your experiences and recommendations for the resort and area in general. Thank you!
bobbiwoz gives a great link and good advice, to boot. Keep in mind, that HHI has a totally different vibe than anywhere else outside of either Vero or Aulani. You come to HHI to relax, soak up the sun, enjoy the low country vibe and cuisine, bike, golf, fish, or simply laze by the pool or on the beach.

As for recommendations, you can peruse the comments and reports on the link bobbiwoz provided. In general, for room requests (non-HA), I highly recommend requesting marsh view and, more importantly, upper floor. No actual bad views there, but the top floor reduces the potential for noisy neighbors. Cuisine recommendations? You have dozens upon dozens of choices, many of them within an easy walk of the resort. Seafood, BBQ, seafood, Tex-Mex, seafood, and Italian are among the many choices. Need to shop for groceries? Shelter Cove center is a 10-minute walk via a bike path or three-minute drive, and there you'll find a giant Kroger, Starbucks, shops, and restaurants. A quick 10-minute drive brings many more options into play. Enjoy planning!

There aren't a lot of studios and they are very difficult to book during peak times. It's a lovely, laid back resort - we loved walking to different restaurants, relaxing at the beach.

Just a word of caution, the sharks love that Atlantic side ocean. But I love HH.

And gators in the area. We saw two down in Sea Pines on the way to see the lighthouse. One 3-4 feet long (I was able to get pictures) and another that was 6+ feet long (but couldn't stop for a photo).

535440 535441

It is a totally different vibe as others have said - so take all that energy of WDW and leave it in the car when you park.
You have a plethora of activities - even in COVID times - to choose from on property like crafts and nature related programs (walks, conservation tours, fishing, etc), there are dolphin tours, Savannah GA is 45 mins away and that is its own "thing to do", mini golf, actual golf, or - do nothing and relax.

It has Disney touches everywhere, old school Disney CM hospitality, it's just not IN YOUR FACE Mickey around every corner.

We live about 1 hr from WDW and have been DVC members about 10 years and enjoy to travel anywhere and everywhere! Before COVID hit, we had been fortunate enough to stay at every current existing DVC property but HHI (owners at BLT & VB). HHI has always been on our list but just never could work it in. Well after we had to cancel our Disneyland Paris & Italy plans for this summer I started looking for dates in August at HHI and after stalking for some time I was able to string together 5 nights in a 2BR. We are about a 6 hr drive to HHI so packed up the bikes and off we went. Did a lot of research here but still were not sure what to expect and all I can say is that we loved it!! Biking everywhere was a highlight for us. With the current situation, having so many outdoor activities was key. The location is so nice and close to everything. We would love to get back there sometime as it was just a great experience for us. I will say the furniture, etc is a bit worn and they were scheduled for a refurb starting in 2022 that they will need. Having said that, I would still go back now even with the "older" features.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter