DVC laundry for cash guests

Starwind

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the new Copper Creek Villas (CCV) in a studio villa, but will be "cash" guests booked directly with Disney.

We have learned that CCV will have its own laundry room, separate from the BRV laundry room and the WL laundry room.

However, I have been given conflicting information on whether cash guests are allowed to use the complimentary DVC laundry room at the resort they are staying at...

I know for DVC Members staying on points, they are allowed to use the complimentary laundry room at the DVC resort they are staying at.

Does this also apply to non-Members who are staying as cash guests ? Will their Magic Band let them into the DVC laundry room ?

Thank you for the clarification.

SW

I would not think your band would let you in. Please post after so we know. Thanks

I used the laundry room at Poly when I stayed there on points, so of course my band worked. One thing I did notice, there was no sign indicating DVC Members only. I would think if it was members only there would be a sign.

It will depend on how the set up the laundry. At WL the laundry uses a credit card. If the DVC ones are set up to use MBs, then you will not fit the profile. If they continue to use the old coin operated machines, you just don't put in any coins before you start the machine.

I think you can use it. Your magic band will let you in. (If you can stand any more conflicting information.)

We stayed Poly Dvc but paid cash Last summer. I used the DVC laundry no problem. Was allowed in with magic band. However, we are DVC owners at WL so maybe that made a difference.

Thank you all for your responses.

I wrote to Disney via their "contact us" feature and got the following reply (wow, that was fast!!):

While we appreciate your interest in visiting Copper Creek, I'm sorry to advise that only DVC members have access to complimentary laundry facilities. For additional information on laundry services, please visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/laundry-services/ .

So, I will be prepared that we may not be allowed to, happy if we are, and will take CarolMN's advice and ask at the front desk when we are there.

SW

This is not a benefit that goes with being a member. It is a benefit that goes with staying in a studio villa.
Similarly, non members are allowed to use the washer/ dryer in room if they are in a 1br or 2 br.

This is not a benefit that goes with being a member. It is a benefit that goes with staying in a studio villa.
Similarly, non members are allowed to use the washer/ dryer in room if they are in a 1br or 2 br.

That is what I thought. Disney's "eCommerce Sales and Service Team" CM appears to have a different opinion.

So we will prepare for a "no" but hope for a "yes", and ask {perhaps after actually trying the laundry room door ;-) if we get in, no asking necessary).

SW

I'm betting you will be able to get into the room, but depending on the setup you may or may not have to pay for the machines. It would make no sense to make guests on that side of the building trek to the other wing.

I stayed at Hilton Head last year in a studio and was able to use free laundry.

we are not DVC owners but rent DVC points yearly in a studio and have always used our MB to enter the Laundry room at BWV, BCV, AKL.

Just a perspective from an owner---I went to do my laundry once and a lady who had been on a cruise was doing several loads of laundry. She had all machines full and had more clothes to put in every machine when those were done so it would be hours. As we talked, I found out she wasn't an owner. I pay MFs for those machines--she doesn't. It was frustrating for someone to use all the machines and then again all for a second cycle and find out they didn't really even belong in there. I have heard the machines are for owners only because it is our dues than pay the costs of them.

Just a perspective from an owner---I went to do my laundry once and a lady who had been on a cruise was doing several loads of laundry. She had all machines full and had more clothes to put in every machine when those were done so it would be hours. As we talked, I found out she wasn't an owner. I pay MFs for those machines--she doesn't. It was frustrating for someone to use all the machines and then again all for a second cycle and find out they didn't really even belong in there. I have heard the machines are for owners only because it is our dues than pay the costs of them.
Are you suggesting that the DVC member who rented their points did not pay maintenance fees?

The "owner" of the points used for the room she stayed in did pay dues for the laundry room though. It it was cash thru CRO then DVC would have paid for resort expenses. If it were points rented from another owner then they paid MF's that pay for the laundry room. However, one should have greater respect for other guests and not tie up a laundry room for hours.

OP - I also bet you'll be able to use the laundry.

and AKL had 2 washers and one was broke all week! So 1 washer for ALL DVC in Jambo house, that isnt right. And Im not an owner, but think the owners pay enough in Dues that having only 2 and 1 broken is not good.

A followup on my original post.

We stayed at CCV Dec 9-12. Our reservation was a "hotel"-like "cash" reservation directly with Disney, as we are not DVC owners.

Our magic bands opened the locked door to the CCV laundry room [it is on the 4th floor, off a hallway overlooking the lobby area] and we were able to do laundry with no problem. FWIW, we did laundry a couple times during our stay, and other than the first time we went to laundry room to locate where it was, we never saw anyone else in there.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!