DVC Members Affected By Recent Closure Eligible for Special Disney World Offer

Ok I’m confused.
They are offering me to buy a package with cash when I have points to use?
Is the price crazy low?
Thanks
Kerri

This special is only available to a small group of cash guests who had packages or rooms canceled after March 1st forward,

If you are someone with say a June trip right now, you cant get this special,

They decided to include DVC members who lost reservations in the select group of people allowed to book this as a cash guest,

Many have reported on the Disney Resorts board that this deal isnt necessarily better than what the had, Free dining is not always the best discount, especially if your family size is small,

IF the price including the dining and room were the same or less than the price the DVC member would have been paying to add on dining then ok. Otherwise - wow. It's kind of insulting.

Would a cancelled hilton head reservation during the applicable time period qualify if I wanted to book this offer at WDW?

Wow! It is not offensive at all. It most likely is not a great deal for us that have DVC points, but at least they extended it to DVC members. Some DVC members do actually book cash reservations in addition to using their points. This is in no way a compensation for having to cancel a DVC reservation, but I am sure that there would be complaining if it had not been extended to DVC. Just can't please some people.

Wow! It is not offensive at all. It most likely is not a great deal for us that have DVC points, but at least they extended it to DVC members. Some DVC members do actually book cash reservations in addition to using their points. This is in no way a compensation for having to cancel a DVC reservation, but I am sure that there would be complaining if it had not been extended to DVC. Just can't please some people.

Cash is cash - no matter if you own DVC or not.

Anyway the speculation is that this will be extended to the public and not just limited to those affected by the closure. That won't give them enough to fill the# of rooms I'd believe they will see vacant.

I agree with you. It was not meant as a way to compensate anyone, including cash guests.

It was simply a way for Disney to fill its cash rooms with lost guests beginning June 1st. Allowing those with canceled DVC reservations to be part of the group who can take advantage...since it is not offered to everyone...was a nice gesture, because again, they want to sell rooms and DVC members, as you say, do book on cash too

<snip>Free dining is not always the best discount, especially if your family size is small,
General rule of thumb >4 in the family an adequate discount?

how bout renting out the points you were going to use and then using the cash proceeds to finance the new reservation? That way you can have a net saving of approximately 20%.

DVC qualifies how? we were booked April3-9 on points and rebooked for sept 24-30.... how do we get the free dining added?

DVC qualifies how? we were booked April3-9 on points and rebooked for sept 24-30.... how do we get the free dining added?

It doesn’t apply to points bookings. It simply means that this offer is only available to certain people, not general public.

So, DVC members are part of that group. Meaning you too can book it as a cash guest.

It doesn’t apply to points bookings. It simply means that this offer is only available to certain people, not general public.

So, DVC members are part of that group. Meaning you too can book it as a cash guest.
already losing money from lost points no way am I going to rebook paying cash . Oh well worth asking

how bout renting out the points you were going to use and then using the cash proceeds to finance the new reservation? That way you can have a net saving of approximately 20%.
Renting in the current environment isn't the option it used to be (IMO) for either the owner or the renter. Again IMO, it's not for the faint of heart.

Given the current fall out with renters and closures, it may not be as easy now...plus, availability is getting pretty slim.

But yes, just like anytime free dining is offered one can take this route.

Last edited:
SUMMARY:
So I priced-out based on rack rate, quote from Dreams Unlimited, and my real-life situation and found $1200 (26%) saving over rack rate. $3448 vs $4618 for my family of five (2 adults, 3 DD, 15, 13, 11).

SITUATION:
Cancelled one week DVC mixed stay 4/4 a 4/11 due to COVID using MS on 3/15. Rebooked mixed stay to 6/17 - 6/26 on same day through DVC website. Plan to replace 3-night stay (1-n at AKV, 2-n BWV) with 3-n at DRR Standard Studio. Plan to rent out replaced SSR points (106) at $15 pp at DVCStore.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter